Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    The reason i showed Kylie as an example is because she makes good music and stands behind it by promoting it. And the result is she's slaying in UK, no can say otherwise. I'd rather Madonna concentrate on some major markets cause MX chart performance was dreadful. US might be a lost cause but she can still save her career in UK, Kylie proved with Golden and Disco that if you play your cards right, you can still succeed there.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    I think Disco will do well in the UK. It’ll probably reach gold just like most hit albums do nowadays

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    It’s still too early to jump into conclusions after 1 week. “Disco” probably won’t sell or chart as much as “Golden” did when everything is said and done. Who knows? We’ll have to wait.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Isn't it more useful to compare Madame X with Rebel Heart and Disco with Golden?
    But that would be no fun for him because if he is not tearing some female artist down it would not be worth it.

Compared to Golden Disco has done amazingly well so far. In the US she sold TWICE the first week's sales of Golden.
    In the UK she has just surpassed the first week total of Chromatica. That is amazing for an artist who debuted in the 80's and she is also the first artist to have an album at number one in the UK in FIVE decades. Kylie has had an incredible career and her longevity in the UK especially is testament to her and her work ethic over the years.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Isn't it more useful to compare Madame X with Rebel Heart and Disco with Golden?
    Of course... for that reason I think other users should not be trashing Madonna in order to celebrate Kylie’s #1 in UK.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Exactly and like 70% of Smile’s streams come from NRO (a song that was released as a standalone single more than a year before the album)

Not that the % really matters though (at least it’s not important to me) .. but criticizing Madonna for a 32% is ridiculous.
    I have no idea what Smile's streaming numbers are lol. I don't care

I'm not criticising perse but let's be real Madam X was a bomb. Without the Maluma feature and tour bundle it would have been tragique, numerically speaking..

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

Not really .. I mean it’s not like Kylie is doing good in Youtube either.

You name the format, Youtube, Spotify, Radio, Pure Sales, Grossing, and “Madame X” did better than Kylie’s latest releases

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    MrLeonix : You focus a lot on streaming totals.
    Not really .. I mean it’s not like Kylie is doing good in Youtube either.

You name the format, Youtube, Spotify, Radio, Pure Sales, Grossing, and “Madame X” did better than Kylie’s latest releases

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    32 percent of the entire album streams coming from one track

This is a prime example of how streams can skew an album and are in no way representative of the popularity of a body of work.
    Exactly and like 70% of Smile’s streams come from NRO (a song that was released as a standalone single more than a year before the album)

Not that the % really matters though (at least it’s not important to me) .. but criticizing Madonna for a 32% is ridiculous.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun November 15, 2020, 01:01.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Kylie’s album has already gone Top 10 in the UK and in various countries in and outside of Europe.

Kylie has promoted the album in Australia, the UK and the US, performed on various chat shows, and released a streamed concert globally. She’s done loads of TV interviews, print interviews and magazine covers, including a new campaign fronting Marc Jacobs.

Madonna used to do all of this (including live stream concerts) but hasn’t really bothered for the last three albums, to the point that Kylie has probably done more promo for this album than Madonna did across the last 10 years.

Kylie has also spent quite a bit of time building up her US fanbase over the last few years too, and went over to do a few concerts. She hasn’t cracked the states and has no intention of trying now, but she has had top 10 singles and albums there before.

It’ll be interesting to see how Disco does over there actually as album sales keep dropping and her LGBTQ+ followers over there are a dedicated bunch.

predicted to debut at 22 or so in the UK with around 21k copies sold, double Goldens first week.

Kylie did amazing in the UK, it is really good IMO when an artist gives the fans something to follow. The way many artists just drop an album and bounce these days is just boring.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    There's a German singer called Vanessa Mai. She became member of a band that existed since 1999 in 2014, essentially leading to the band's mainstream breakthrough. In 2015, the other members left the band, turning it into a solo project. In 2016, she stopped the band and continued with her solo career. I don't know what you think about it, but I consider it a pretty mean move on her side .
    Last edited by theMathematician; Sat November 14, 2020, 23:59.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    MrLeonix : You focus a lot on streaming totals. We are talking about numbers in the tens or even hundreds of millions area - like does it really make a major difference in someone's life if it has got a 70 mio. or 700 mio. total? No one's claiming that Kylie Minogue is the act of the moment, but she's doing quite well in her main markets and that's fine . I also like that she's promoting a solid era.

I was not a fan of the 'Madame X' era as a whole, but she did quite a bunch of initial promo. It only started to fizzle once the album got released, probably because she didn't see effort and results being in a notable relation.
    Actually spotify. As if there arent like many other streaming platforms.
    For example he fixates on spotify because Britney has one or two songs with high streams yet Katy will obliterate her on youtube which is basically just another streaming platform.

However, streaming as a whole is a reflection of the popularity of the music and is the current metric in which music is most consumed. No one is claiming it makes a difference to their life but artists obviously have hopes that something does well and they receive revenue from streaming. Music is a business, artists aren't releasing music and working just for fun.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    32 percent of the entire album streams coming from one track

This is a prime example of how streams can skew an album and are in no way representative of the popularity of a body of work.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    MrLeonix

I was not a fan of the 'Madame X' era as a whole, but she did quite a bunch of initial promo. It only started to fizzle once the album got released, probably because she didn't see effort and results being in a notable relation.
    We all know I’m the biggest Madonna Stan but the ‘initial promo’ was basically interviews she didn’t want to do.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    MrLeonix : You focus a lot on streaming totals. We are talking about numbers in the tens or even hundreds of millions area - like does it really make a major difference in someone's life if it has got a 70 mio. or 700 mio. total? No one's claiming that Kylie Minogue is the act of the moment, but she's doing quite well in her main markets and that's fine . I also like that she's promoting a solid era.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

You miss the biggest point though, which is that Kylie is actually having an era, constantly delivering content for her fans on almost a daily basis. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, we all get access to it now and there is a lot of access.

As a fan, it’s wonderful. Yet with Madonna we all know her album promo campaigns are half arsed and she thinks doing an awards show performance is enough. Madonna acts bored in the limited interviews she does, wears her grills and eye patch and wishes she was anywhere else.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Queen Dua scored another top 10 single in UK & Australia. 4th top 10 from the same album, not all pop girls can relate 2020

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    A moment

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    In her bag.com

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Fave dropping another Adidas collection not even a month after the last. The success. We love to see it

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

You miss the biggest point though, which is that Kylie is actually having an era, constantly delivering content for her fans on almost a daily basis. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, we all get access to it now and there is a lot of access.

As a fan, it’s wonderful. Yet with Madonna we all know her album promo campaigns are half arsed and she thinks doing an awards show performance is enough. Madonna acts bored in the limited interviews she does, wears her grills and eye patch and wishes she was anywhere else.
    Honestly that content is pretty much invisible for a large portion of the public. Let’s be real “Golden” only has 74 million streams on Spotify ... she’s a niche small artist these days. (Once again, nothing wrong with it ... but we shouldn’t act like she’s changing the world or anything LOL).

Also Madonna is 62 ... Madonna already did everything Kylie did and better .... So why focussing on Madonna? .. Kylie’s fans can celebrate and enjoy her era without trashing Madonna (she basically has nothing to do with it).

I personally would never change Madonna for Kylie even despite all the reasons you listed.

Madonna any single day

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied

Holly cow ... all of that for 50K sps units?

... Anyways don’t get me wrong, I love that Kylie is doing all that but Madonna has nothing to do with it and IMO Madonna shouldn’t be following Kylie’s steps or taking notes from her (maybe she should take notes from Beyoncé’s PR team but not Kylie LOL) ... Madonna does what she wants with more success and bigger global numbers than Kylie even these days ... and she was like 48 when she pulled the COADF era ... so Kylie better has a seat.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Kylie has promoted the album in Australia, the UK and the US, performed on various chat shows, and released a streamed concert globally. She’s done loads of TV interviews, print interviews and magazine covers, including a new campaign fronting Marc Jacobs.
    Holly cow ... all of that for 50K sps units?

... Anyways don’t get me wrong, I love that Kylie is doing all that but Madonna has nothing to do with it and IMO Madonna shouldn’t be following Kylie’s steps or taking notes from her (maybe she should take notes from Beyoncé’s PR team but not Kylie LOL) ... Madonna does what she wants with more success and bigger global numbers than Kylie even these days ... and she was like 48 when she pulled the COADF era ... so Kylie better has a seat.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Madonna should take notes because Kylie slayed in one country?

Madonna is a global act and “Madame X“ was #1 in USA!! And that album sold and had more streams worldwide in one week alone than anything Kylie will ever get with that Disco album

.. Maybe is Kylie the one who should take notes from Madonna about how to get units outside the UK.
    Kylie’s album has already gone Top 10 in the UK and in various countries in and outside of Europe.

Madonna used to do all of this (including live stream concerts) but hasn’t really bothered for the last three albums, to the point that Kylie has probably done more promo for this album than Madonna did across the last 10 years.

Kylie has also spent quite a bit of time building up her US fanbase over the last few years too, and went over to do a few concerts. She hasn’t cracked the states and has no intention of trying now, but she has had top 10 singles and albums there before.

It’ll be interesting to see how Disco does over there actually as album sales keep dropping and her LGBTQ+ followers over there are a dedicated bunch.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Btw the Maluma track is only responsible for 32% of Madame X’ streams

MX still has over 100m streams without the Maluma track.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X