No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ ^ It's been a few years ago, but I remember having read that Michael Jackson kept some of the songs he considered best unreleased for future purposes. Not sure whether he meant the songs that ended on 'Michael' or 'Xscape' with that though.
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Michael has so many bops:

- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
      - Rock With You
      - Billie Jean
      - Beat It
      - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
      - Human Nature
      - Thriller
      - Bad
      - The Way You Make Me Feel
      - Dirty Diana
      - Smooth Criminal
      - Liberian Girl
      - Black Or White
      - Jam
      - Heal The World
      - Give In To Me
      - Will You Be There
      - Earth Song
      - They Don't Care About Us
      - Blood On The Dance Floor

Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post

InFamous is not playin’ but I don’t think there’s going to be any retaliation.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• InFamous
          InFamous commented
          Editing a comment
          Try Yoga or some meditation.

• God....Ukmix just goes offline for hours when things get interesting. Ugh....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
          God....Ukmix just goes offline for hours when things get interesting. Ugh....
          Do you do yoga?

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            A convicted pedophile is about to have the #1 song in our hole in a few hours.
            Spoke too soon, Areola and Biebz are #1. I can’t believe I’m using this phrase to describe them but: humanity prevailed!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
              Michael has so many bops:

- Rock With You
              - Billie Jean
              - Beat It
              - Human Nature
              - Thriller
              - Bad
              - Dirty Diana
              - Smooth Criminal
              - Liberian Girl
              - Black Or White
              - Jam
              - Heal The World
              - Give In To Me
              - Will You Be There
              - Earth Song

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

- Earth Song
                My son was really into MJ songs for awhile there, so a couple years ago, I took him to the Cirque Du Soleil One show in Vegas. I had never heard Earth Song before, but I came away form that show loving it so much - it sounded amazing in that show.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                Spoke too soon, Areola and Biebz are #1. I can’t believe I’m using this phrase to describe them but: humanity prevailed!
                SO glad that Gooba garbage had to settle for #3

Comment

No, for real the woman is insanely hated

I was a 90s kid and I was already aware of her music since her "Music Box" era onwards and I can tell you she was never seen as "cool" (at least where I am from), not even at her prime. YES, she was very successful and had lots of sales but at the same time she wasn't seen as this "cool" star, she was this ballad singer that we saw as someone our mommys and grannies would listen to instead (similar to Celine) that would be uncool enough to be played on MTV (around the time MTV was the center of Pop culture and the Golden era for Pop Idols and Rockstars).

At least that's my experience growing up (and today she seems even more hated than before). Of course I can understand if the situation was different to mine in another country or market.
                  I would migrate to another country and gotten out of that toxic country.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I guess it keeps some failed/former stars in jobs. Is the voice a UK thing or US ? Don't think I have literally ever watched it.
                    It's Dutch.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Chile, somebody go tell jay-Z to stop denying his kids outside of Beyoncé.
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Today was a good day. The pdf file lost and only debuted at #3 + pdf file supporter Garbaj was removed from the Say So credits

98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                          Chile, somebody go tell jay-Z to stop denying his kids outside of Beyoncé.
                          Wut

98 - OUT

Comment

• Congrats to Ariana becoming only the second woman in history with three number one debuts on the hot 100. Mariah being the other one.

Beiber gets his third tying Drake.

All four artists have three each.

Comment

- Rock With You
                              - Billie Jean
                              - Beat It
                              - Human Nature
                              - Thriller
                              - Bad
                              - Dirty Diana
                              - Smooth Criminal
                              - Liberian Girl
                              - Black Or White
                              - Jam
                              - Heal The World
                              - Give In To Me
                              - Will You Be There
                              - Earth Song

Michael Jackson is literally the only artist that has more than 5 signature songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                Today was a good day. The pdf file lost and only debuted at #3 + pdf file supporter Garbaj was removed from the Say So credits

Why was she removed from the credit and beyonce is still credited on savage?

Comment

- Rock With You
                                  - Billie Jean
                                  - Beat It
                                  - Human Nature
                                  - Thriller
                                  - Bad
                                  - Dirty Diana
                                  - Smooth Criminal
                                  - Liberian Girl
                                  - Black Or White
                                  - Jam
                                  - Heal The World
                                  - Give In To Me
                                  - Will You Be There
                                  - Earth Song

I don’t know a bigger legend.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Why was she removed from the credit and beyonce is still credited on savage?
                                    She wasn't. It was a glitch. But one thing has nothing got to do with the other. The version that gets the most chart activity for the tracking week is credited. So Nicki has nothing to do with Beyonce's credit nor Bey with hers. This happened with the Perfect Duet, Bey was removed after i think four weeks once the solo version took back over with most of the chart activity.

Comment

• MJ has too many bops, but Black or White is one of the worst songs ever!
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

She wasn't. It was a glitch. But one thing has nothing got to do with the other. The version that gets the most chart activity for the tracking week is credited. So Nicki has nothing to do with Beyonce's credit nor Bey with hers. This happened with the Perfect Duet, Bey was removed after i think four weeks once the solo version took back over with most of the chart activity.
                                        Wasn't it 5 weeks?

In honor of crazy in love turning 17, I'll like to post the best song on dangerously in love

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                          MJ has too many bops, but Black or White is one of the worst songs ever!
                                          Blasphemy
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Blasphemy
                                            He just has that many bops and amazing tunes that’s it’s really hard to rank them.

“Billie Jean”, “Thriller”, “Beat It”, “Dirty Diana” and “Smooth Criminal” are my personal MJ Top 5 timeless bops.

But “Give In To Me” and “Earth Song” are very close. Those two are stunning singles.

Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• When it comes to the Queens of 80's Vintage Coochie,

Pat Benatar>>>>>Madonna, Whitney, Tina, Janet, Sade, Paula, Gloria etc...

MJ could NEVA....
                                              Last edited by TIfan; Tue May 19, 2020, 01:30.
                                              Diva!!!

Comment

• IMO this was Pat Benatar’s best song:

^ In fact, this is her top streamed song on Spotify and it’s simply brilliant.

As for the 80s ladies I’d say: Madonna > Tina Turner > Pat Benatar > Cyndi Lauper > Whitney Houston > Enya > Janet Jackson
                                                Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue May 19, 2020, 01:46.

Comment

IMO this was Pat Benatar’s best song:

^ In fact, this is her top streamed song on Spotify and it’s simply brilliant.

As for the 80s ladies I’d say: Madonna > Tina Turner > Pat Benatar > Cyndi Lauper > Whitney Houston > Enya > Janet Jackson
                                                  This song is iconic in America

Comment

Working...
                                                  X