Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

It is probably going to chart higher than Physical.

Comment

• Dua's singles in the US:

- - - - 72 76 - 6 - 49 26 62 - 2 60 21

- represents a song that failed to chart.

Comment

• Some people think the only difference between this version and Phil's are the high notes.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The successful and remembered version, that was a transatlantic number one hit and a Top 5 all over Europe.

Comment

• theMathematician
            theMathematician commented
            Editing a comment
            This sounds kind of shady. Is it really necessary? No need to stir up a dispute at any given chance.

• InFamous
            InFamous commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually the person who posted the comment prior to this was shading me first. Feel free to scroll dahling.

• Wow I realized that "Rain On Me" by Gaga and Ariana was produced by BURNS

He's not very known, he's an emerging producer and only has a few credits to his name. He was the guy that produced Britney's "Make Me" single which became his first Platinum and Top 20 single (and only one so far), obviously now with Gaga and Ariana he's likely getting his first #1 single.

I feel like he's a fresh good producer and now I'm very curious to hear "Rain On Me". This is his big chance.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            Dua's singles in the US:

- - - - 72 76 - 6 - 49 26 62 - 2 60 21

- represents a song that failed to chart.
            yet that still makes her the best performing UK female there since Adele

Also she is just on her second era
            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

Comment

But it'll fail to outpeak "Don't Start Now" which was Dua's Lead single (just like "Daisies") and was a huge global hit and peaked at #2 in US.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

It's already below Physical (and Dua's other 2 hits) on Spotify
                98 - OUT

Comment

• Imagine comparing the lead single from someone's second album to the lead single from someone's 5th.
                  The lack of logic is too much.

Comment

It's already below Physical (and Dua's other 2 hits) on Spotify
                    I was talking about the actual charts. This reliance on Spotify for everything is too much.

Comment

• Why y'all want let me post any media?

Comment

Imagine comparing the lead single from someone's second album to the lead single from someone's 5th.
                        The lack of logic is too much.
                        And what was the logic in comparing "Daisies" with "Physical"? LOL

Comment

I was talking about the actual charts. This reliance on Spotify for everything is too much.
                          Because streams is the new sales aka the most accurate way to determine a song's success nowadays.

Dua already has 9.3B streams while Katy only has 7.3B
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

And what was the logic in comparing "Daisies" with "Physical"? LOL
                            The real kii is that Physical was never a single in the US and still charted and will outstream Daisies there and obviously WW
                            98 - OUT

Comment

This was popular in every European country with taste.
                              #2 Your Hole
                              #2 Your BFF Hejira’s Hole
                              #6 aRatchet’s Hole
                              ??? beredy’s Hole

Anyone I’m missing?
                              Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                This was popular in your hole?
                                You should by now that a ton of urban / dancehall songs were huge hits here
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• I loved this when I was a kid.

Comment

You should by now that a ton of urban / dancehall songs were huge hits here
                                    I go by a case-by-case basis.

Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• This one triggers me every time cause this song was on the radio every damn time my mother drove me to swimming class and I HATED SWIMMING CLASS and ended up crying every damn time

Last edited by Hejira; Thu May 21, 2020, 22:23.

Comment

Because streams is the new sales aka the most accurate way to determine a song's success nowadays.

Dua already has 9.3B streams while Katy only has 7.3B
                                        No 1, no they aren't. They are used to form an equivalent of what a sale is but it's not actually a sale.

No 2, Spotify is only one of many streaming platforms.

No 3, Katy debuted in the sales era and her sales figures are far superior to Dua's, whose OVERALL career doesn't come close to touching Katy's and never will. She has millions of actual album sales ( from years when streaming did not exist) so big deal is Dua has a few more streams.

One of the boys - 10 million
                                        Teenage Dream - 6 milllion
                                        Prism - 4 million
                                        Witness - 1 million

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                          #2 Your Hole
                                          #2 Your BFF Hejira’s Hole
                                          #6 aRatchet’s Hole
                                          ??? beredy’s Hole

Anyone I’m missing?
                                          3 in RayRay
                                          4 in DOSSOME
                                          5 in Michiel
                                          ​​​​​​​
                                          6 Austria, 5 Swizerland, 1 Sweden, 2 Norway and 1 Finland.
                                          Don't know if we have any holes here from those territories ?

Comment

No 1, no they aren't. They are used to form an equivalent of what a sale is but it's not actually a sale.

No 2, Spotify is only one of many streaming platforms.

No 3, Katy debuted in the sales era and her sales figures are far superior to Dua's, whose OVERALL career doesn't come close to touching Katy's and never will. She has millions of actual album sales ( from years when streaming did not exist) so big deal is Dua has a few more streams.

One of the boys - 10 million
                                            Teenage Dream - 6 milllion
                                            Prism - 4 million
                                            Witness - 1 million
                                            According to Chartmasters "One Of The Boys" sold 4,1 million copies worldwide. The album sold 1,7 million in USA and 700K in UK. It's impossible for that album to sell 10 million copies. Katy's best selling album is "Teenage Dream" with 6,9 million copies (which includes a re-release).

"Witness" had sales of 600K (pure sales) worldwide as of June, 2019 (probably 700K by now considering pure sales are dead).

Comment

3 in RayRay
                                              4 in DOSSOME
                                              5 in Michiel
                                              ​​​​​​​
                                              6 Austria, 5 Swizerland, 1 Sweden, 2 Norway and 1 Finland.
                                              Don't know if we have any holes here from those territories ?
                                              Shy Guy was #2 here: https://www.top40.nl/top40-artiesten/diana-king
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• twitter after Lana del Rey's post

Last edited by Jonathan; Thu May 21, 2020, 23:22.
                                                >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

According to Chartmasters "One Of The Boys" sold 4,1 million copies worldwide. The album sold 1,7 million in USA and 700K in UK. It's impossible for that album to sell 10 million copies. Katy's best selling album is "Teenage Dream" with 6,9 million copies (which includes a re-release).

"Witness" had sales of 600K (pure sales) worldwide as of June, 2019 (probably 700K by now considering pure sales are dead).
                                                  Actually the re-release charted as a seperate album called The Complete Confection and sold 1 million Worldwide.
                                                  The original album sold 6 million. No one bundles the sales from the two into one like other fanbases do.

OT - Yes I typoed 10 million, I meant to type 5 honestly, I never thought it sold 10 million

Comment

Working...
                                                  X