Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
    U stan for dusty forGaGatten rock boybands tho I don't think you are the best hit predictor
    I got a lot of experience in recognizing hits by stanning some of the biggest Popstars and Rockstars in music history. I know how pop culture works.

And this (“Rain On Me”) is a hit. Obviously not a “Bad Romance” or anything but it will do fine on charts.

The music video also has some effective shots that will provide way more replay value than Stupid Love’s music video.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I hope BeeBoy's boo pulls through and blocks them
      Which song ? The Beyonce verse song has no chance of going number one now.

Comment

• Safe music is boring af.

Rosalia is the new queen of music. Original, different. Waiting for her song with Xtina, experimental latino, dreams.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I got a lot of experience in recognizing hits by stanning some of the biggest Popstars and Rockstars in music history. I know how pop culture works.

And this (“Rain On Me”) is a hit. Obviously not a “Bad Romance” or anything but it will do fine on charts.

The music video also has some effective shots that will provide way more replay value than Stupid Love’s music video.

You are an interesting phenomenon, you are a fan of one of the best bands ever (LZ), but also one of the most non-talented popstar. I do not understand this.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

This seems the most obvious and safe statement anyone can possibly make about this song to be honest.
            A song with Ariana and Gaga is clearly not going to flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

This seems the most obvious and safe statement anyone can possibly make about this song to be honest.
              A song with Ariana and Gaga is clearly not going to flop.
              That's not truth. Ariana's "Don't Call Me Angel" with Lana Del Rey and Miley Cyrus didn't even make the Top 10 on the Hot 100.

Had this song and music video been of bad quality no matter if Ariana had been involved, it would have stalled no matter what.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

That's not truth. Ariana's "Don't Call Me Angel" with Lana Del Rey and Miley Cyrus didn't even make the Top 10 on the Hot 100.

Had this song and music video been of bad quality no matter if Ariana had been involved, it would have stalled no matter what.
                Lana and Miley do not equal Gaga.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                  You are an interesting phenomenon, you are a fan of one of the best bands ever (LZ), but also one of the most non-talented popstar. I do not understand this.
                  Many people have actually asked me this question before.

And I don't think "talent" is the answer for me. I have certain criteria or "check-list" in order to accept or embrace a Popstar. The thing I like the most about a popstar that could make me admire them is their abbility to play with Pop Culture and be iconic, otherwise I see no point or sense in a popstar, like why would someone even be a popstar? Just release anything, blues, country, jazz, AC, whatever .. But please and for God's sake, just don't try to be a popstar if you're not truly willing to be iconic and rule the world. That's a crime.

It's easy to say stuff about Britney NOW, but when that girl came out she was technically the best popstar who played the popstar game in such perfect way since Michael Jackson and Madonna. It's about that combo of Pop culture moments + Iconic imagery + Pop classics + Out of this world fame that I find fascinating in those who achieve it.

You know, iconic music videos, symbolic performances in the pop culture, classic songs, iconic looks and outfits, the global superstardom. It's all that Icon built that IMO represents the equivalent of a Rockstar in the Pop World.

So it really has nothing to do with talent but how to be a true popstar for me. So yeah I love my bands and the good music but I will stan for a d*mm iconic popstar any day too.

Comment

• Rain on me reminds me of this . I knew it reminded me of something and it came to me later. I hated this song with a passion.

I'm a different person ugh lol

Comment

Which song ? The Beyonce verse song has no chance of going number one now.
                      See you on monday boo boo
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

See you on monday boo boo
                        Oh does it genuinely ? I had no idea .

Comment

• This local ass top 10 on the U.S. black singles chart from 2010 probably would have been a top 10 in aRatchet’s, Hejira‘s and InFamous’ Holes today knowing how lighting fast these annoying dances/challenges spread now.
                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Well
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• that new gaga song is another regression in quality. omg.
                              My Chart

Comment

• My current thoughs on Gaga's music videos as of 2020 (from studio albums):

- Just Dance - Cheap but cool and fresh.
                                - Poker Face - It aged nicely. Somehow it's nice to see Gaga when she didn't have the budget to make over the top videos. Less is more!.
                                - Beautiful Dirty Rich - It's Ok.
                                - LoveGame - This was terrible.
                                - Eh Eh There's Nothing Else I Can Say - Filler forgattable.
                                - Paparazzi - Fun music video.
                                - Bad Romance - I re-watched it and it doesn't look as epic as I remembered it but I think it could still pass as her highest visual moment.
                                - Telephone - Horrible over the top mess. Cringy as f*ck.
                                - Alejandro - The first half is a visual masterpiece, it starts amazing but then it turns repetitive and monotone and kinda lost it's way on the second half.
                                - Born This Way - The intro is amazing but then as soon as the music starts the video falls flat.
                                - Judas - It's Ok
                                - The Edge Of Glory - Not good
                                - You & I - Over the top in the bad way. Not good
                                - Marry The Night - It was nice
                                - Applause - Horrible and tacky
                                - G.U.Y - Cringy, terrible and try-hard
                                - Perfect Illusion - I like the aesthetics but what's with those seizure inducing flashes and editing?
                                - Million Reasons - Nice
                                - John Wayne - Cool vid
                                - Joanne - Boring
                                - Stupid Love - Really bad music video
                                - Rain On Me - Solid / good music video , her best since "Judas" perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  This local ass top 10 on the U.S. black singles chart from 2010 probably would have been a top 10 in aRatchet’s, Hejira‘s and InFamous’ Holes today knowing how lighting fast these annoying dances/challenges spread now.
                                  Your desire to make things happen in our holes is very frequent lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                    that new gaga song is another regression in quality. omg.
                                    you didn't lie though.

Comment

you didn't lie though.
                                      my issue with gagz is that her new music doesn't have melodies. It's weird. Dua's tune are far superior in my opinion. (and ariana solo too).
                                      My Chart

Comment

my issue with gagz is that her new music doesn't have melodies. It's weird. Dua's tune are far superior in my opinion. (and ariana solo too).
                                        I totally agree. I feel the same.

Comment

Not everything in music has to be a ballad.

Comment

Not everything in music has to be a ballad.
                                            Uptempo tracks can have melodies too. And hooks.

Case in point - Dua: Levitating

Or Ariana - Be Alright

Rain on me is devoid of hooks. I can barely remember how it goes.

Comment

Your desire to make things happen in our holes is very frequent lately.
                                              All day and all night.

Originally posted by beredy
                                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• InFamous
                                                InFamous commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Daddy.
                                                (Please enter a message with at least ten characters )

• Although I do not care for the messenger, I have to agree with Lana a bit.

Black women in music today cannot be successful unless they are naked, twerking, and being "ratchet." They must have a huge ass, and wear wigs with the baby hair connected to it. The whole "bad-bitch" persona is not doing any favors for Black women. Not only in music, but the celebrity world period.

I blame the media for this.
                                              Diva!!!

Comment

• Well the critics didn't lie when Future Nostalgia came out: "Dua has found the sound that Gaga has been chasing for years" and the last two singles of the latter really emphasize that imo
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• The plastic in their faces
                                                  COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X