No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one of my favourite Kylie songs ever - love it.

Comment

• Put Yourself In My Place remains one of her best 90s songs.

Comment

• ^ I love the studio version and it is absolutely stunning but I was always disappointed with her take on it live. She was completely incapable to do those notes in chest voice live.

EDIT - until i heard the performance from 2018, the best she has ever sung this song
        Last edited by InFamous; Mon July 13th, 2020, 04:56.

Comment

• My favorite Kylie songs:

1. All The Lovers
          2. Better The Devil You Know
          3. Wouldn't Change A Thing
          4. In Your Eyes
          5. On A Night Like This

My most streamed Kylie songs:

1. Music's Too Sad Without You (with Jack Savoretti)
          2. Dancing
          3. Stop Me From Falling (feat. Gente De Zona)
          4. Sincerely Yours
          5. Radio On

My most streamed Kylie albums:

1. Golden
          2. Kylie Christmas
          3. Light Years
          4. Aphrodite
          5. Enjoy Yourself

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• 1 word: Alanis!

Her new song is EVERYTHING. (That I wanted from her).
            My Chart

Comment

• 2 words: THE KILLERS!

Their new song is EVERYTHING.mp3 (That I wanted from king Flowers).
              My Chart

Comment

• Can't Get You Out of My Head is still that bop for me.

Also like I Should Be So Lucky - is that Kylie's first hit? - just the cutest thing ever.

Comment

• OMG, I AM SHOOK. I had no idea Kylie could sing like THIS. 3.30 to the end. WOW.

Comment

• Your Gheys Need You
                    Where Is The Ghey?
                    Ghey In Me
                    Where The Wild Gheys Grow
                    Some Kind Of Ghey
                    Come Into My Ghey
                    Ghey
                    I Believe In Gheys
                    Better The Ghey You Know
                    Put Your Ghey In My Place
                    All The Gheys
                    Wouldn’t Change A Ghey
                    Can’t Get Gheys Out Of My Head
                    I Should Be So Ghey

Does that cover it?

Originally posted by beredy
                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Also like I Should Be So Lucky - is that Kylie's first hit? - just the cutest thing ever.
                      It was in Europe. In Australia The Locomotion was released as her first single.

Comment

• “Impossible Princess” (hated by critics, forgotten by Kylie herself and dismissed by her own fans) will always be (IMO) her best / greatest album.
                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                          Does that cover it?
                          I'm always up for Chocolate.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I'm always up for Chocolate.

Actually, I forgot about Red Blooded Ghey.
                            Originally posted by beredy
                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Appreciate the Kylie love.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• the way those two predicted the concept of meme-music
                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                  “Impossible Princess” (hated by critics, forgotten by Kylie herself and dismissed by her own fans) will always be (IMO) her best / greatest album.
                                  A very underrated era.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

A very underrated era.
                                    Her best one in every sense.
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Her best one in every sense.
                                      I'd probably prefer "Kylie Minogue" over "Impossible Princess" for one reason, I was never a fan of "Cowboy Style".

Comment

• theMathematician
                                        theMathematician commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        'Cowboy Style' is very experimental, though it's been a very unusual choice to name the song like that as you'd expect a country song when it isn't even close to that ^^ .

• InFamous
                                        InFamous commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        "Cowboy Style" is a sex position .

“Impossible Princess” (hated by critics, forgotten by Kylie herself and dismissed by her own fans) will always be (IMO) her best / greatest album.
                                      I'm not putting it past Kylie to come up with something great with her future releases, but I definitely agree IP is her strongest and best album so far.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Actually a lot of fans love Impossible Princess, it's kind of Kylie's Glitter. Also She herself has certainly not forgotten about it as she performed tracks from it on her "Anti tour". It is an album that she is certainly very proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

I'm not putting it past Kylie to come up with something great with her future releases, but I definitely agree IP is her strongest and best album so far.
                                          By far her artistic peak.

Her second best album (to me) would be “Body Language”

Comment

• I really enjoyed Body Language as an album. Of her "dancey" albums Fever is by far the strongest as an overall body of work. I didn't like Light Years at all. On a night like this is amazing but the rest of it is not great.

Comment

• So the "merchandise bundle era" and the "buy a physical copy for later and have a digital copy now single era" are officially over with the announcement by Billboard tonight. I knew it was only a matter of time before these things were stamped out and I fully support these changes.

What does everyone think of the changes and will they have much of an impact on the charts ? I think it will put an end to those quick little number ones we have been seeing lately for sure and album numbers for pure sales will surely decrease.

Comment

• Took them too much time.

Comment

• @InFamous: I approve that merchandise bundles no longer count towards the US charts - I always felt like it was some kind of cheating. Regarding a possible decrease of pure sales: Well, I hope that people keep on buying records, but then again, I'm from one of the countries with the highest share of physical records sold. I remember not too long ago how German rap fans would proudly take pictures of their CDs or bills and release them on social media to prove their support for the respective acts. Not to forget all the deluxe editions and CD bundles especially rap artists release here. I guess there's no such hype in the US when you've got artists in the top 10 selling like 1k copies of their albums.
                                                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                  and everything you stand for?
                                                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• theMathematician bundles still count, they just changed the eligiblity rules and when certain bundles can actually be added to the total.

Comment

• Looking forward to Kylie's new single later this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                      theMathematician bundles still count, they just changed the eligiblity rules and when certain bundles can actually be added to the total.
                                                      From my understanding of the article something that is bundled with a piece of merchandise for a pre ordained price will no longer count. You just now have to order both seperately for it to count ?

Comment

• All these quick little number one hits are dropping like crazy...

Comment

• ^^ The Nicki one is far worse than all the others. 14 weeks is not bad for Toosie Slide, I mean if a song is three or four months on the charts its long enough, thats already 1/3rd to 1/4 of the year. It makes it hard for artists to move on to anything else if a song stays on the charts for a super long time.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X