Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    i've never heard a single song of theirs except How you remind me. And nor have I even heard of them since that song.

How you remind me is the only thing they are remembered for.
    They actually had 6 top 10 hits in the USA including the #2 peaking single “Photograph” and of course the #1 smash “How You Remind Me”.

and hey .. at least they are remembered for something. No shade or anything (I love her) but P!nk doesn’t even have a real classic song
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

They actually had 6 top 10 hits in the USA including the #2 peaking single “Photograph” and of course the #1 smash “How You Remind Me”.

and hey .. at least they are remembered for something. No shade or anything (I love her) but P!nk doesn’t even have a real classic song
      This Photograph song didn't make the Top 10 anywhere in Europe so from our earlier discussions regarding Top 10 being the standard for hits in Europe, it flopped and is forgotten.
      I genuinely have never heard their other three Top 10 Uk hits.

OT, I'm not a fan of Pink in general so feel free to shade her all you want. Or whatever.
      Last edited by InFamous; Tue May 26, 2020, 02:26.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Get this party started is pink signature song and she has many remember hits. I agree about her not growing. But sis has her lane and it works for her. On top of that I believe it'll always be demand for pink imo

Comment

• I consider that a major advantage actually. Especially when it comes to one hit wonders, signature songs are both, boon and bane. Imagine you've got a whole range of songs and you keep on getting reduced to that one song and have to perform it for decades since that's all the people want to hear from you. Of course, it made you famous in the first place and sometimes, one song isy all it takes never to have to worry about finances again. P!nk may pull a song off her setlist once she's fed up with it. Vanessa Carlton will have to sing 'A Thousand Miles' until the end of her singing career probably.
          Pro: freedom of speech
          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

This Photograph song didn't make the Top 10 anywhere in Europe so from our earlier discussions regarding Top 10 being the standard for hits in Europe, it flopped and is forgotten.
            I genuinely have never heard their other three Top 10 Uk hits.

OT, I'm not a fan of Pink in general so feel free to shade her all you want. Or whatever.
            Cool , it’s not like I’m a Nickelback fan either so whatever.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
              Get this party started is pink signature song and she has many remember hits. I agree about her not growing. But sis has her lane and it works for her. On top of that I believe it'll always be demand for pink imo
              P!nk does have her songs that define her BUT I honestly don’t think she has (yet) her “Like A Virgin” or her “Vogue”, or her “Crazy In Love” or “Single Ladies” or her “Bad Romance” or her “My Heart Will Go On”, etc type of song. I don’t mean a chart hit, I mean that Iconic timeless song that everyone says, This is P!nk’s classic ... you know what I mean? .. she’s very famous and successful but not necessarily with real classic songs that stand up over the years like “Hero”, or “Baby one More Time” or “I Will Always Love You”. . . Like for real, what is or are P!nk classic songs?

... Or maybe I’m under that impression because I’m from Latin America and she never really conquered this market, she was ok-ish popular here but never even close to how big she was in Europe or Oceania

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                Nickelback haven't been singles artists. That's why you may only think of 'How You Remind Me'. However, they've done pretty well on the Albums Chart and their biggest record, 'All The Right Reasons' was still charting in the Billboard 200's top 10 in its 102nd (!) charting week. That's something very few albums achieve. They may no longer create big buzz, but they had some clever marketing going on in the 00s.
                I'm not American so I never heard of that album. I mean I have no clue who these supposed famous German singers you are always talking about. In my country there were known as a one hit wonder and nobody on the street would be able to tell you anything about them except How you remind me, if even that. They actually released loads of singles, they just all flopped.

Comment

Get this party started is pink signature song and she has many remember hits. I agree about her not growing. But sis has her lane and it works for her. On top of that I believe it'll always be demand for pink imo
                  I have to say I am very impressed with her sales. She sold 7 million actual copies of an album in 2012. Not even Beyonce was doing that.

Comment

I have to say I am very impressed with her sales. She sold 7 million actual copies of an album in 2012. Not even Beyonce was doing that.
                    It actually sold 5,4 million copies. But yeah.

Comment

It actually sold 5,4 million copies. But yeah.
                      Stop quoting chartmasters like it's the bible.

Comment

• I feel like Just Give Me a Reason was pretty inescapable from her a few years ago. And Raise Your Glass before that.

Comment

Stop quoting chartmasters like it's the bible.
                          Actually I don’t even know where your 7 million number come from though, as not even in any IFPI report the album had those numbers.

In fact, not even “I’m Not Dead” sold 7 million copies.

You better step out of Wikipedia

Comment

P!nk does have her songs that define her BUT I honestly don’t think she has (yet) her “Like A Virgin” or her “Vogue”, or her “Crazy In Love” or “Single Ladies” or her “Bad Romance” or her “My Heart Will Go On”, etc type of song. I don’t mean a chart hit, I mean that Iconic timeless song that everyone says, This is P!nk’s classic ... you know what I mean? .. she’s very famous and successful but not necessarily with real classic songs that stand up over the years like “Hero”, or “Baby one More Time” or “I Will Always Love You”. . . Like for real, what is or are P!nk classic songs?

... Or maybe I’m under that impression because I’m from Latin America and she never really conquered this market, she was ok-ish popular here but never even close to how big she was in Europe or Oceania
                            I fully understand where you're coming from

Comment

Comment

Pink's classic is Just Give me a reason.

Comment

Stop making up numbers.

https://www.allaccess.com/top40-main...ap/q/id/513649

Comment

• Get this party started
                                    just like a pill
                                    So what
                                    Raise your glass
                                    just give me a reason

The are her signature songs imo

Comment

We going by label numbers now?

Comment

Pink's classic is Just Give me a reason.
                                        Maybe in Europe (and I know how huge it was on the charts when it came out) but I never really heard about that song ever again after 2013/2014 over here at least.

Comment

We going by label numbers now?
                                          According to Britney’s label once she sold 100 million ALBUMS

Comment

Nnnn

Comment

Get this party started
                                              just like a pill
                                              So what

Raise your glass
                                              just give me a reason

The are her signature songs imo
                                              Forgotten.
                                              Shirly Bassey has the definitive and remembered version of Get the Party Started.
                                              Raise your Glass is questionable. Pink's songs are very "of the moment and not too memorable as they all sound the same, more or less"
                                              She has like the angry imma kick your ass song, or the ugh im in love and its not working out song.

Just give me a reason is the closest thing she will ever have to a classic.

Comment

Is that not true ?

Not me having used that number various times to shade Christina nnnnnn

(not really)

Comment

Ok. Beyonce sure wasn't selling 5.8 so the point stands. Like who cares if its a million up or down, no one has EXACT figures

Comment

Forgotten.
                                                    Shirly Bassey has the definitive and remembered version of Get the Party Started.
                                                    Raise your Glass is questionable. Pink's songs are very "of the moment and not too memorable as they all sound the same, more or less"
                                                    She has like the angry imma kick your ass song, or the ugh im in love and its not working out song.

Just give me a reason is the closest thing she will ever have to a classic.
                                                    So what is a CLASSIC. So is just like a pill. GTPS isn't even questionable. They just aren't Classics the size of other girls, but still CLASSICS

Comment

Working...
                                                    X