Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    ^Albanian is not what one woild call a musical language.
    Dunno. Era's Bon Bon for example is excellent

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Selling her soul to Daddy Satan right before NR was released really paid off

It would have been cute if she sang a bit in albanian though if she is so obsessed with making Greater Albania happen

"Një ditë do të më duash përsëri"

I think I shall stick with "Un dia me amaras de nuevo"

Comment

Gosh your hole's taste is immaculate. How come my hole is a neighbor but its taste couldn't get any worse?
        You need to get over your chart ossessione though darling.
        HAVE you listened to Jessie Ware? I'm sure you'll dismiss her because she doesn't top the charts but if you're a Duan*l stan, musically....well.
        "Lift up your head
        Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• theMathematician
          theMathematician commented
          Editing a comment
          He's not chart obsessed though. He hardly posts in the Dua Lipa chart thread and that is like his favorite artist.

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

You need to get over your chart ossessione though darling.
        HAVE you listened to Jessie Ware? I'm sure you'll dismiss her because she doesn't top the charts but if you're a Duan*l stan, musically....well.
        WaiT that's excellent and ghey as hell!

Goldmoney also looks like a snatchedT legend in the vid

I also know Spotlight by her

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          It was a surprise drop Have you listened ? Possibly wont be your cup of tea.
          I played Cardigan earlier and I already like that one better than anything on her last 2 albums. Will give the rest of the album a stream later.

Comment

Gosh your hole's taste is immaculate. How come my hole is a neighbor but its taste couldn't get any worse?
            I have always wondered about this myself. Mariah hit the Top 10 right from the start with her debut Vision Of Love. Janet hit #1 with her first international hit single What Have You Done For Me Lately. Gloria Estefan (Dr Beat) and Whitney (All At Once) hit the Top 5 right at the start of their carreer. Celine Dion went Top 40 with her first English single Where Does My Heart Beat Now (and bubbling under with Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi in 1988)... So it's been for years that we picked up on new artists right from the start, which gave us the adventage that artists love to perform here even though we are a small country and in retrospect had some amazing moments: one of the few (if not the only) countrie(s) where Whitney started her career with All At Once, Madonna doing one of her most remembered photo shoots with Dutch photographer Kees Tabak, Toni Braxton's sisters doing a sign-in session in Amsterdam, Mariah scoring the most hits here of all of mainland Europe, Adele singing a duet with Dutch singer Paul de Leeuw, Whitney singing a duet with Dutch singer Liesbeth List, the Symphonica in Rosso concerts (with Lionel Richie, Diana Ross and others)... #grateful
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

I played Cardigan earlier and I already like that one better than anything on her last 2 albums. Will give the rest of the album a stream later.
              I think you will like August, one of her best ever tracks.

Comment

• Current top 10 most streamed females on Spoitfy:
                1 Ariana Grande 18,577,617,287
                2 Rihanna 13,855,761,727
                3 Billie Eilish 12,472,420,231
                4 Taylor Swift 11,900,413,295
                5 Beyoncé 10,155,737,231
                6 Dua Lipa 10,103,145,884
                7 Nicki Minaj 10,093,457,379
                8 Sia 9,644,837,009
                9 Halsey 9,346,999,663
                10 Selena G. 9,280,948,750

Thots?

Comment

• Tayloo's album breaking the Spotify record & getting critical acclaim.

The way we LOST Rihab ​​​​​​​

Comment

WaiT that's excellent and ghey as hell!

Goldmoney also looks like a snatchedT legend in the vid

I also know Spotlight by her
                    I thot we were under the impression that this was me. Perfectly exemplifies both my goon and my ghey sides.
                    Originally posted by beredy
                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Tayloo's album breaking the Spotify record & getting critical acclaim.

The way we LOST Rihab ​​​​​​​
                      that's cause spotify is just a useless bunch of inflated numbers, not the revenue-based reality of Adele's £
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Dunno. Era's Bon Bon for example is excellent

that one is a bit controversial

Comment

• From what I've seen, Taylor's numbers are only really impressive in the US. And to a lesser extent, the rest of the Anglosphere. Her European / international numbers are back to pre-Red floppage. Gonna be a frontloaded and local 'success'.

That said, it's her best album since Red.

Comment

• I feel like she doesn't mind that development. I'm sure she enjoyed '1989's global success, but it's not a necessity for her (no more) as she mostly focuses on Northern America and that's enough for her. I mean, she's had everything: the No. 1 hits, the diamond album, the successful pop crossover, the AOTY trophies. She's at a stage where she probably says: 'I don't mind it, but I don't need it either.'.
                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                            and everything you stand for?
                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

that's cause spotify is just a useless bunch of inflated numbers, not the revenue-based reality of Adele's £
                              Sis that reality barely exists anymore and yall gotta finally accept that FACT.

Frih streams are the present and the future

Comment

• Exactly, Taylor achieved it all and now she's in a place / position where she can afford anything.

Many artists would kill to have that level of success at that stage of their careers (even if it's only local success or massive US numbers). Like it was said, she experienced everything, the success in the country community, the success as a popstar, got the Diamond album, got a global album, won album of the year (twice), got the critical acclaim, the massive tours, basically everything. She won't be mad if the 8th studio album of her career pulls massive numbers mostly in USA.
                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  I thot we were under the impression that this was me. Perfectly exemplifies both my goon and my ghey sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                    Exactly, Taylor achieved it all and now she's in a place / position where she can afford anything.

Many artists would kill to have that level of success at that stage of their careers (even if it's only local success or massive US numbers). Like it was said, she experienced everything, the success in the country community, the success as a popstar, got the Diamond album, got a global album, won album of the year (twice), got the critical acclaim, the massive tours, basically everything. She won't be mad if the 8th studio album of her career pulls massive numbers mostly in USA.
                                    The thing with her is though that is too safe and never really risks anything and she simply doesn't have impact or legacy. Her range musically and artisically is laughable at best. It's all numbers with her.

She is like Drake & Ed Sheeran: massive success but also that's about it.

Comment

Current top 10 most streamed females on Spoitfy:
                                      2 Rihanna 13,855,761,727
                                      5 Beyoncé 10,155,737,231
                                      8 Sia 9,644,837,009
                                      9 Halsey 9,346,999,663
                                      Thots?
                                      All the artists I support being in the Top 6 !

Current albums I am streaming by them:
                                      Arianas live album, Rihanna Anti, Billie Ocean Eyes Remix EP plus Dont Smile at me EP, Taylor Lover and Folklore, Beyonce Self Titled, Dua Future Nostalgia
                                      Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 25th, 2020, 17:26.

Comment

The thing with her is though that is too safe and never really risks anything and she simply doesn't have impact or legacy. Her range musically and artisically is laughable at best. It's all numbers with her.

She is like Drake & Ed Sheeran: massive success but also that's about it.
                                        I honestly think that she is (at least in America) a modern day music Icon ... But yeah I quite agree that her impact overall isn't necessarily huge (she isn't Madonna or Beyoncé, that's for sure).

And yeah, she is one dimensional and conservative to the point that she does seem to be the female Ed Sheeran.
                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

2 Rihanna 13,855,761,727
                                          5 Beyoncé 10,155,737,231
                                          8 Sia 9,644,837,009
                                          9 Halsey 9,346,999,663

Thots?
                                          I think the only one I don't listen to regularly is Halsey. Sia making the top ten is a nice surprise

Comment

Sis that reality barely exists anymore and yall gotta finally accept that FACT.

Frih streams are the present and the future
                                            let's wait till Spotify collapses under the weight of their mismanagement and debt. would be a day to celebrate.

Comment

• aRat here it is.

"Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• AndiIversen
                                                AndiIversen commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                finally some good music on this thread

• One of Tori's best songs. A bonafide genius. Her melodic paths are so incredible. It's like she will change the whole mood of a song from one second to the next through melodic progressions. Stunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                aRat here it is.

I actually listened to Jessie Ware's album today and I like what I heard so am currently preoccupied with that

Comment

I actually listened to Jessie Ware's album today and I like what I heard so am currently preoccupied with that
                                                  Yay Enjoy
                                                  "Lift up your head
                                                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

2 Rihanna 13,855,761,727
                                                    5 Beyoncé 10,155,737,231
                                                    8 Sia 9,644,837,009
                                                    9 Halsey 9,346,999,663

Thots?
                                                    Selena, Taylor and Rihanna legends
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• eew, pop girls.

my local band, Leoniden, have released their new song "L.O.V.E." and it's easily better than anything the girls in that top 10 gave ever released.

My Chart

Comment

• Fergie's L.A. LOVE >>>

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                                          Fergie's L.A. LOVE >>>
                                                          hew?
                                                          My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                          X