• It'll all be Beyonce tomorrow though
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Stream her biggest and only classic here:
          https://youtu.be/1z8gCZ7zpsQ?t=42

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
            cheapthrills I would love a 80s women countdown!
            That's one.
            Maybe will float in the General Music area

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              Thinking of doing a countdown in the fall continuing this series - either 80s for women or 2010s for men. Just not sure I'm up for begging people to vote again. So I'm floating here to see if there's any interest?
              I'm down for either, but would actually prefer 2010s for men.
              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                I think this may be my favourite Taylor song ever. It is incredible.

I thought this was a pretty interesting choice as it didn't stand out to me the first two times I played Folklore, but I revisited it after seeing your comment, and I'm really enjoying it now! The lyrics, the melody, the delivery - it's all beautiful and so relatable.

Comment

• Your posts were a good read! Michiel
                  You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I thought this was a pretty interesting choice as it didn't stand out to me the first two times I played Folklore, but I revisited it after seeing your comment, and I'm really enjoying it now! The lyrics, the melody, the delivery - it's all beautiful and so relatable.
                    It always takes me a little while to get into the slower more mellow songs, and this one just grabbed me instantly.I kinda am occassionally seeing this really hot guy (he totally calls the shots and I let him because he is so hot lol) and the lyrics just are very relatable to me. I am struggling a bit with tracks 13 to 16 but the stretch from one to twelve is flawless.

Comment

• I gave some of these Tayloo songs a spin and was bored to death
                      COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Have people heard this version of Cardigan, it's amazing.

Comment

• Ironically 2020 has been very good musically so far. I usually have 2/3 albums that I love max for the last few years. It's hopeful that music is in a better place.

Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters
                          Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways
                          Mandy Moore - Silver Landings
                          Lana del Rey - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (I do count this as an album personally)
                          Brandy - B7
                          Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Tori's album is supposed to come out at some point this year and also Lana's new studioalbum in September!
                          Anna von Hauswolff is dropping an instrumental album soon which I'm also very excited about!

Soundscape on point.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• The one good thing 2020 will be remembered for is music - especially from the girls.

Oh and Tiger King!

Comment

• Selena, Dua, Harry and Chloe x Halle were right there and they nominate these people...

They really are over
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                Ironically 2020 has been very good musically so far. I usually have 2/3 albums that I love max for the last few years. It's hopeful that music is in a better place.

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways
                                Mandy Moore - Silver Landings
                                Lana del Rey - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (I do count this as an album personally)
                                Brandy - B7
                                Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Tori's album is supposed to come out at some point this year and also Lana's new studioalbum in September!
                                Anna von Hauswolff is dropping an instrumental album soon which I'm also very excited about!

Soundscape on point.
                                2020 has been surprisingly great for me so far.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
                                ​​​​​​Empress Of - I'm Your Empress Of
                                Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
                                HAIM - Women In Music PT. III
                                Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
                                Moses Sumney - græ
                                Perfume Genius - Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
                                Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Honorable mentions:
                                Alexandra Savior - The Archer
                                Teyana Taylor - THE ALBUM

​​​​​​And there's new Lana, Roísín, Kylie, The Killers, Annie to come... And there's always a couple of fresh discoveries.

​​​​​
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Selena, Dua, Harry and Chloe x Halle were right there and they nominate these people...

They really are over
                                  The VMAs are even less relevant than iChunes tbh.
                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I'm sure that the VMAs would be more relevant if they were more about artistry rather than popularity.
                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                    and everything you stand for?
                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      I'm sure that the VMAs would be more relevant if they were more about artistry rather than popularity.
                                      They haven't been relevant since 1992 or so. I remember 1999.... the only time apart from 2005 that I watched it live. They had Mariah and Whitney on there... I don't know any of the acts that perform there anymore.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        It always takes me a little while to get into the slower more mellow songs, and this one just grabbed me instantly.I kinda am occassionally seeing this really hot guy (he totally calls the shots and I let him because he is so hot lol) and the lyrics just are very relatable to me. I am struggling a bit with tracks 13 to 16 but the stretch from one to twelve is flawless.
                                        Same here!

Sometimes when there's a string of slow, mellow songs, they all kinda blend into one long song for me and I think by the time I got to "August", my attention to detail was dialed down. The lyrics are really quite accessible since we've all had at least one person we put on a pedestal to the point where we centre certain parts of our lives around their availability, and I actually can't think of a song that addresses the emotion of that kind of relationship the way Taylor did on "August". I am in love with the song right now and I'm slightly shook by it, tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Same here!

Sometimes when there's a string of slow, mellow songs, they all kinda blend into one long song for me and I think by the time I got to "August", my attention to detail was dialed down. The lyrics are really quite accessible since we've all had at least one person we put on a pedestal to the point where we centre certain parts of our lives around their availability, and I actually can't think of a song that addresses the emotion of that kind of relationship the way Taylor did on "August". I am in love with the song right now and I'm slightly shook by it, tbh.
                                          Plus the instrumental is amazing too. That last whole minute is superb the way it builds and builds. There is a very "live" feel to the instrumentals on this album on certain tracks and it really works well on August. I havent thought about this guy much this week so I am sure he will be in touch soon to reignite my hopes again, even though I know it's pointless I'll have him for a few hours before he disappears again for another fortnight !! ( He is so hot I will never say no though haha)

Comment

• I've recently came back to this SanRemo 2020 gem and yes, Italians can deliver the goods if they really try.
                                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                              Grimes - Miss Anthropocene;
                                              I expected much more from Grimes tbh
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I expected much more from Grimes tbh

I love it start to finish.

Without that useless deluxe song though

Comment

• We are getting so many great songs and albums this year. Too bad Rona happened and we can't enjoy clubs or concerts.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Who even is dababydababy
                                                    "Lift up your head
                                                    Lift up your heart..."

Comment

2020 has been surprisingly great for me so far.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
                                                      ​​​​​​Empress Of - I'm Your Empress Of
                                                      Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
                                                      HAIM - Women In Music PT. III
                                                      Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
                                                      Moses Sumney - græ
                                                      Perfume Genius - Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
                                                      Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Honorable mentions:
                                                      Alexandra Savior - The Archer
                                                      Teyana Taylor - THE ALBUM

​​​​​​And there's new Lana, Roísín, Kylie, The Killers, Annie to come... And there's always a couple of fresh discoveries.

​​​​​
                                                      I can't believe I forgot to mention Jessie. That might be my #1 fave of the year so far.
                                                      "Lift up your head
                                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I can't believe I forgot to mention Jessie. That might be my #1 fave of the year so far.
                                                        Yaaaaaaaas. I've put them in alphabetical order, but Jessie is easily one of the AOTY candidates.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaas. I've put them in alphabetical order, but Jessie is easily one of the AOTY candidates.
                                                          Do you think they'll consider her for a nomination? I feel like she's incredibly underrated, although she did get a lot of rave reviews this time around...
                                                          It would be nice for her! But the Grammy's...ehh.
                                                          "Lift up your head
                                                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Do you think they'll consider her for a nomination? I feel like she's incredibly underrated, although she did get a lot of rave reviews this time around...
                                                            It would be nice for her! But the Grammy's...ehh.
                                                            I doubt Grammy's will pay her attention unfortunately. But Grammy's... Eh...

Comment

• No one asked

Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri July 31st, 2020, 20:50.
                                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                              X