No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about pop music, but lots of you don't participate in the UKMIX charts. Come on, guys. Just five songs every week to join:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10438099
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

No one asked
      Toxic. All the industry plants must feel completely drained.
      "Lift up your head
      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Another piece of trash.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• We been knew that Spotify is ageist, sexist garbaj.
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Although it is a good thing IMO that there are more artists at the top of Spotify these days.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.c...ts-q2-results/
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I agree with the Spotify person... Artists should release albums on a yearly basis. It would be so exciting.
              My Chart

Comment

• Why pressure artists just to make a ridiculous quota? Also it's not just releasing albums. They hardly make any money from that. It's about touring and that takes most of the year anyway.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  Why pressure artists just to make a ridiculous quota? Also it's not just releasing albums. They hardly make any money from that. It's about touring and that takes most of the year anyway.
                  Maybe the person who performs the music... should be separated from the person who creates the music. I want to remind everyone that Rihanna recorded Loud in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying that acts should be forced to release on a yearly basis... All I'm saying is that 4-5 years inbetween albums (which then only include like 12 songs or so) is FAR too long.

In the 1950s/1960s when also nobody could live off their albums sales, acts released 2 albums per year (and some even 3)...The Beatles had a new album out every 3-4 months in their beginning.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Maybe the person who performs the music... should be separated from the person who creates the music. I want to remind everyone that Rihanna recorded Loud in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying that acts should be forced to release on a yearly basis... All I'm saying is that 4-5 years inbetween albums (which then only include like 12 songs or so) is FAR too long.

In the 1950s/1960s when also nobody could live off their albums sales, acts released 2 albums per year (and some even 3)...The Beatles had a new album out every 3-4 months in their beginning.
                    People who leave four to five years between albums have already made their millions so are free to do whatever they want with their time and lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

People who leave four to five years between albums have already made their millions so are free to do whatever they want with their time and lives.
                      of course... but then they or their stans should not complain about them falling behind in streams.
                      My Chart

Comment

• It's hard to imagine that back in the day... in the 80s and 90s all you needed was 1 big song (and maybe 1 average one) and you became a millionaire... and could potentially stop working.

I mean even local acts were able to do that. I'm thinking of all those forgotten German Schlager-people.

My Chart

Comment

of course... but then they or their stans should not complain about them falling behind in streams.
                          Stans complain about everything though.

Comment

• stevyy : I think there was a similar discussion a few weeks ago and yeah, it's still the case that you only need one 'Call Me Maybe' or 'Somebody That You Used to Know' to never have to work again. It seems so surreal to most of us 'normal' people who have to work well into their 60s. I feel like if artists earned 'normal' wages or at least not as extraorbitant high amounts, they'd put in more effort... or at least release their records more frequently.

Even if artists made most of their money from touring, I have to say that I can't support them that way. A ticket is way too expensive and the whole organisation would be too time-consuming for me.
                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                            and everything you stand for?
                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              stevyy : I think there was a similar discussion a few weeks ago and yeah, it's still the case that you only need one 'Call Me Maybe' or 'Somebody That You Used to Know' to never have to work again. It seems so surreal to most of us 'normal' people who have to work well into their 60s. I feel like if artists earned 'normal' wages or at least not as extraorbitant high amounts, they'd put in more effort... or at least release their records more frequently.

Even if artists made most of their money from touring, I have to say that I can't support them that way. A ticket is way too expensive and the whole organisation would be too time-consuming for me.
                              I was referring to Matthias Reim who allegedly made 20-30 million DM (15 million Euros) back in the early 1990s with 1 song "Verdammt ich lieb dich"...

I believe it is OK for artists to earn these ridiculous amounts of money. However, I think the GP should only support artists with talent... so that the creepy ones never have a chance. (I'm talking about the average 17 y.o. overly tanned, blonde, bimbo chick on DSDS... who can't sing, spell, talk in her native language fluently, act, dance or have any other quality than big fake ass tits).
                              My Chart

Comment

Seems to me you're clueless about how the things you use as arguments worked. It's easy to record an album in 2 weeks after you collect demos and just record vocals with barely any writing input. And in the 50s/60s most of those were only singers totally depending on songs from actual song writing factories to have a material to record.

Today (thankfully) the scape is changed and most artists are invested in their music by actually being part of the writing process, song development, production... And all that takes time.

​​​​​
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I agree with the Spotify person... Artists should release albums on a yearly basis. It would be so exciting.
                                  I agree. If only someone could force Rihanna to release yearly again. Ugh we really took her puppet popstitute days for granted
                                  COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Lemme stream Evita in honor of Alan Parker's passing. One of the best musical movies of all time. Madonna was fantastic in it.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Comment

• Tom Gregory is my new crush. His voice is sooo sexy and he is so cute

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                          Tom Gregory is my new crush. His voice is sooo sexy and he is so cute
                                          Eww no, un-crush on him! Literally the most basic individual in the history of humankind. A Justin Bieber minus the bops. My best friend stans his ass and ngl it has made me question the friendship. Tragic, inexcusable, I'd rather listen to Hitler speeches all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Eww no, un-crush on him! Literally the most basic individual in the history of humankind. A Justin Bieber minus the bops. My best friend stans his ass and ngl it has made me question the friendship. Tragic, inexcusable, I'd rather listen to Hitler speeches all day.

Sis why him? There are much worse male offenders out there. His voice is really sexy and some of his songs bop. I think you'll have to get used to him being around

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I agree. If only someone could force Rihanna to release yearly again. Ugh we really took her puppet popstitute days for granted
                                              I hear Fenty skin is coming soon!

Comment

• John Travolta dancing to In Da Club has got to be one of the cringiest things I’ve ever seen.
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I swear she could pass right by me on the street singing Rolling in the Deep and I would still not know this is Adele.

Comment

• Snatched and serving taste! She looks happy and healthy. I'm really curious where she will go with her next album.
                                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• She looks like she’s about to star in Mamma Mia 3.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of the haircolor and eyebrows but overall she looks snatched.
                                                        "Lift up your head
                                                        Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                          She looks like she’s about to star in Mamma Mia 3.
                                                          I was gonna say 'move to Johannesburg and open a yoga studio' or 'sell vagina candles to Aborigines'. But I can totally see Mamma Mia.

Comment

• Omg vagina candles, don't remind me of that mess
                                                            You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Adele looking snatchedT af and ready to drop her "Rude Boy" as the lead of Rated 30

Comment

Working...
                                                              X