X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Katy basically had Avril's same fate.
    Avril has a huge career already,much bigger impact. You must be 12 years old to not acknowledge that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeran Qureshi View Post

Avril has a huge career already,much bigger impact. You must be 12 years old to not acknowledge that.
      No shade but I don't think you are even smart. I was literally THE ONLY person in the last couple pages that actually tried to defend Avril and said something nice about her when everyone else was destroying her and making fun of her and you went against me. So now you lost the only ally you had.

It's funny, you really want to turn the only person that was supporting her into dragging her.

Comment

No shade but I don't think you are even smart. I was literally THE ONLY person in the last couple pages that actually tried to defend Avril and said something nice about her when everyone else was destroying her and making fun of her and you went against me. So now you lost the only ally you had.

It's funny, you really want to turn the only person that was supporting her into dragging her.
        What did you even say? I don't even remember tbh lol.

They drag her because of jealousy.

Comment

Katy basically had Avril's same fate.
          Yeah true they are both one dimensional and mostly panned or mediocre. But at least Katy has tons of massive hits and is still a somewhat relevant celebrity
          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Yeah true they are both one dimensional and mostly panned or mediocre. But at least Katy has tons of massive hits and is still a somewhat relevant celebrity
            Lol Avril is bigger than Katy even today. Avril isn't American so is treated badly.Name one artist inspired by Katy? You can't I bet!
            But I can name tons of artists inspired by Avril Lavigne!

Comment

• No wonder they call her Advil
              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Too much stanning and trolling at once. Move past Avril Lavigne.

Comment

• Avril Lavigne deserves to be respected and appreciated. She's an icon,a legend.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Yeah both had 3 cute albums / eras then both fell after 3 albums. They both have one classic throwback teen album ("Teenage Dream" / "Let Go") but little legacy or impact in the music industry and ended up with 0 Grammys. They're basically the same thing.

But yeah Katy kinda ended up with a higher media profile despite her "fall".

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      Move past Avril Lavigne.
                      Everyone except one user already did

98 - OUT

Comment

Yeah both had 3 cute albums / eras then both fell after 3 albums. They both have one classic throwback teen album ("Teenage Dream" / "Let Go") but little legacy or impact in the music industry and ended up with 0 Grammys. They're basically the same thing.

The thing is though I think Katy can actually still score hits with the right material but she has been completely clueless what to do with herself after splitting from Dr Luke.
                        98 - OUT

Comment

Grammy Awards are a joke. And no,Avril's first 5 albums had hit songs so I don't know what you are on about. Do some research,mate. Top 5 is good.Her first 5 were top 5 albums. And he had 12 hit songs(top 40 only.)

Comment

• Avril herself knows where she stands...no one seems to like her here,though.

Comment

• Current day social media is making it harder for the GP to kick celebrities to the curb like they used to, even if they’re no longer having hits. Perfect example is J.No: She hasn’t had a top 10 since the fluky OTF in 2011, but she’s still one of the most popular media personalities in the world because of IG + her affiliation with other big stars. That was probably how she locked down her SB slot. Kitty’s kind of in the same boat except she had her smash hits at the dawn of modern day social media.
                              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• the whole Britney story could have been a bit different, if Swedes really have never given up on pushing their own Robyn instead of caving in and finding an all-american girl

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• I guess Avril Lavigne was big everywhere except for Europe? I had to look up her hits, cause they just passed me by. She had a few Top 10 hits here in 2002/2003/2004. But she was never a big name here. I guess other UKMIX-members that are from Europe haven't noticed her much either. No big deal though. Just be happy she was big where you come from Meeran Qureshi
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    I guess Avril Lavigne was big everywhere except for Europe? I had to look up her hits, cause they just passed me by. She had a few Top 10 hits here in 2002/2003/2004. But she was never a big name here. I guess other UKMIX-members that are from Europe haven't noticed her much either. No big deal though. Just be happy she was big where you come from Meeran Qureshi
                                    Avril Lavigne was big in Europe. Her albums have sold well in the UK and she did have hits in Europe too.Her Europe leg of her 2019 Head Above Water tour was in high demand for tickets!

She sold out in the UK,Germany and Austria(concert tickets I mean for this 2019 tour).
                                    Now with the COVID-19,its postponed.This is my 2nd ID since old one not opening.

I am from Pakistan.She's never toured South Asia but does have fans here,too.

Comment

I guess Avril Lavigne was big everywhere except for Europe? I had to look up her hits, cause they just passed me by. She had a few Top 10 hits here in 2002/2003/2004. But she was never a big name here. I guess other UKMIX-members that are from Europe haven't noticed her much either. No big deal though. Just be happy she was big where you come from Meeran Qureshi
                                      Well just because you didn't notice her it doesn't take away from the fact that she had massive hits and was a huge name in Europe in the 00s. It was clearly not your demographics as she appealed to the teens mostly. I guess you would think Debbie Gibson was big in Europe but I have never heard of that artist besides in your posts, for instance. So your personal taste doesn't necessarily reflect what's popular in Europe.
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                        Current day social media is making it harder for the GP to kick celebrities to the curb like they used to, even if they’re no longer having hits. Perfect example is J.No: She hasn’t had a top 10 since the fluky OTF in 2011, but she’s still one of the most popular media personalities in the world because of IG + her affiliation with other big stars. That was probably how she locked down her SB slot. Kitty’s kind of in the same boat except she had her smash hits at the dawn of modern day social media.
                                        Yes exactly.That's why Britney,Avril and Christina have nothing to lose because they have tons of hits and of course with social media,anyone can blow up and also hip hop and trap are now in the mainstream in demand!

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Well just because you didn't notice her it doesn't take away from the fact that she had massive hits and was a huge name in Europe in the 00s. It was clearly not your demographics as she appealed to the teens mostly. I guess you would think Debbie Gibson was big in Europe but I have never heard of that artist besides in your posts, for instance. So your personal taste doesn't necessarily reflect what's popular in Europe.
                                          Yes.agreed. Avril was huge in Europe,South and North America,Australia,and Asia of course.Everywhere actually.

Comment

Also check this in Germany(in Europe of course).Look at the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecm1-7V-qI

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Well just because you didn't notice her it doesn't take away from the fact that she had massive hits and was a huge name in Europe
                                              Just read the last few pages. I am not the only one in Europe who thinks she wasn't that big.

Comment

Just read the last few pages. I am not the only one in Europe who thinks she wasn't that big.
                                                She was big,bro.Those people have not be fans,mate.

Comment

Her 2019 Head Above Water tour tickets in Europe are in high demand.She upgraded venues bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Music1998 View Post

She was big,bro.Those people have not be fans,mate.
                                                    Hi bro. Didn't you were on UKMIX. Didn't even know you like Avril. This must be a hoax.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X