No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have people heard this version of Cardigan, it's amazing.

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Ironically 2020 has been very good musically so far. I usually have 2/3 albums that I love max for the last few years. It's hopeful that music is in a better place.

Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters
      Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways
      Mandy Moore - Silver Landings
      Lana del Rey - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (I do count this as an album personally)
      Brandy - B7
      Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Tori's album is supposed to come out at some point this year and also Lana's new studioalbum in September!
      Anna von Hauswolff is dropping an instrumental album soon which I'm also very excited about!

Soundscape on point.

Comment

• The one good thing 2020 will be remembered for is music - especially from the girls.

Oh and Tiger King!

Comment

• Selena, Dua, Harry and Chloe x Halle were right there and they nominate these people...

They really are over
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            Ironically 2020 has been very good musically so far. I usually have 2/3 albums that I love max for the last few years. It's hopeful that music is in a better place.

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways
            Mandy Moore - Silver Landings
            Lana del Rey - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (I do count this as an album personally)
            Brandy - B7
            Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Tori's album is supposed to come out at some point this year and also Lana's new studioalbum in September!
            Anna von Hauswolff is dropping an instrumental album soon which I'm also very excited about!

Soundscape on point.
            2020 has been surprisingly great for me so far.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
            ​​​​​​Empress Of - I'm Your Empress Of
            Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
            HAIM - Women In Music PT. III
            Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
            Moses Sumney - græ
            Perfume Genius - Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
            Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Honorable mentions:
            Alexandra Savior - The Archer
            Teyana Taylor - THE ALBUM

​​​​​​And there's new Lana, Roísín, Kylie, The Killers, Annie to come... And there's always a couple of fresh discoveries.

​​​​​
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Selena, Dua, Harry and Chloe x Halle were right there and they nominate these people...

They really are over
              The VMAs are even less relevant than iChunes tbh.
              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I'm sure that the VMAs would be more relevant if they were more about artistry rather than popularity.
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  I'm sure that the VMAs would be more relevant if they were more about artistry rather than popularity.
                  They haven't been relevant since 1992 or so. I remember 1999.... the only time apart from 2005 that I watched it live. They had Mariah and Whitney on there... I don't know any of the acts that perform there anymore.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    It always takes me a little while to get into the slower more mellow songs, and this one just grabbed me instantly.I kinda am occassionally seeing this really hot guy (he totally calls the shots and I let him because he is so hot lol) and the lyrics just are very relatable to me. I am struggling a bit with tracks 13 to 16 but the stretch from one to twelve is flawless.
                    Same here!

Sometimes when there's a string of slow, mellow songs, they all kinda blend into one long song for me and I think by the time I got to "August", my attention to detail was dialed down. The lyrics are really quite accessible since we've all had at least one person we put on a pedestal to the point where we centre certain parts of our lives around their availability, and I actually can't think of a song that addresses the emotion of that kind of relationship the way Taylor did on "August". I am in love with the song right now and I'm slightly shook by it, tbh.
                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                    Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                    Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                    Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Same here!

Sometimes when there's a string of slow, mellow songs, they all kinda blend into one long song for me and I think by the time I got to "August", my attention to detail was dialed down. The lyrics are really quite accessible since we've all had at least one person we put on a pedestal to the point where we centre certain parts of our lives around their availability, and I actually can't think of a song that addresses the emotion of that kind of relationship the way Taylor did on "August". I am in love with the song right now and I'm slightly shook by it, tbh.
                      Plus the instrumental is amazing too. That last whole minute is superb the way it builds and builds. There is a very "live" feel to the instrumentals on this album on certain tracks and it really works well on August. I havent thought about this guy much this week so I am sure he will be in touch soon to reignite my hopes again, even though I know it's pointless I'll have him for a few hours before he disappears again for another fortnight !! ( He is so hot I will never say no though haha)
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I've recently came back to this SanRemo 2020 gem and yes, Italians can deliver the goods if they really try.
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          Grimes - Miss Anthropocene;
                          I expected much more from Grimes tbh
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I expected much more from Grimes tbh

I love it start to finish.

Without that useless deluxe song though

Comment

• We are getting so many great songs and albums this year. Too bad Rona happened and we can't enjoy clubs or concerts.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Who even is dababydababy

Comment

2020 has been surprisingly great for me so far.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
                                  ​​​​​​Empress Of - I'm Your Empress Of
                                  Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
                                  HAIM - Women In Music PT. III
                                  Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
                                  Moses Sumney - græ
                                  Perfume Genius - Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
                                  Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Honorable mentions:
                                  Alexandra Savior - The Archer
                                  Teyana Taylor - THE ALBUM

​​​​​​And there's new Lana, Roísín, Kylie, The Killers, Annie to come... And there's always a couple of fresh discoveries.

​​​​​
                                  I can't believe I forgot to mention Jessie. That might be my #1 fave of the year so far.

Comment

I can't believe I forgot to mention Jessie. That might be my #1 fave of the year so far.
                                    Yaaaaaaaas. I've put them in alphabetical order, but Jessie is easily one of the AOTY candidates.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaas. I've put them in alphabetical order, but Jessie is easily one of the AOTY candidates.
                                      Do you think they'll consider her for a nomination? I feel like she's incredibly underrated, although she did get a lot of rave reviews this time around...
                                      It would be nice for her! But the Grammy's...ehh.

Comment

Do you think they'll consider her for a nomination? I feel like she's incredibly underrated, although she did get a lot of rave reviews this time around...
                                        It would be nice for her! But the Grammy's...ehh.
                                        I doubt Grammy's will pay her attention unfortunately. But Grammy's... Eh...

Comment

• No one asked

Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri July 31, 2020, 21:50.
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• All this talk about pop music, but lots of you don't participate in the UKMIX charts. Come on, guys. Just five songs every week to join:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10438099
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

No one asked
                                              Toxic. All the industry plants must feel completely drained.

Comment

• Another piece of trash.
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• We been knew that Spotify is ageist, sexist garbaj.
                                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Although it is a good thing IMO that there are more artists at the top of Spotify these days.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.c...ts-q2-results/
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X