Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • According to Chartmasters the 20 Biggest Female eras of all time (based on SPS units) are:

    As of 2018:
    1. Whitney Houston - The Bodyguard - 53,744,000 units
    2. Celine Dion - Let’s Talk About Love - 46,086,000 units
    3. Adele - 21 - 45,255,000 units
    4. Shania Twain - Come On Over - 45,188,000 units
    5. Celine Dion - Falling Into You - 41,895,000 units
    6. Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill - 41,484,000 units
    7. Madonna - Like A Virgin - 39,677,000 units
    8. Madonna - True Blue - 36,655,000 units
    9. Mariah Carey - Music Box - 34,135,000 units
    10. Lady Gaga - The Fame / The Fame Monster - 33,607,000 units
    11. Mariah Carey - Daydream - 31,387,000 units
    12. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 30,975,000 units
    13. Spice Girls - Spice - 29,797,000 units
    14. Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston - 28,646,000 units
    15. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - 26,879,000 units
    16. Adele - 25 - 26,580,000 units
    17. Whitney Houston - Whitney - 26,560,000 units
    18. Madonna - Like A Prayer - 25,419,000 units
    19. Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again - 23,068,000 units
    20. Barbra Streisand - Guilty - 22,973,000 units
    bubbling under:

    *Celine Dion - The Colour Of My Love - 22,558,000 units
    * Madonna - Ray Of Light - 21,197,000 units

    —-

    Thoughts?

    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
      According to Chartmasters the 20 Biggest Female eras of all time (based on SPS units) are:

      As of 2018:
      1. Whitney Houston - The Bodyguard - 53,744,000 units
      2. Celine Dion - Let’s Talk About Love - 46,086,000 units
      3. Adele - 21 - 45,255,000 units
      4. Shania Twain - Come On Over - 45,188,000 units
      5. Celine Dion - Falling Into You - 41,895,000 units
      6. Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill - 41,484,000 units
      7. Madonna - Like A Virgin - 39,677,000 units
      8. Madonna - True Blue - 36,655,000 units
      9. Mariah Carey - Music Box - 34,135,000 units
      10. Lady Gaga - The Fame / The Fame Monster - 33,607,000 units
      11. Mariah Carey - Daydream - 31,387,000 units
      12. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 30,975,000 units
      13. Spice Girls - Spice - 29,797,000 units
      14. Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston - 28,646,000 units
      15. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - 26,879,000 units
      16. Adele - 25 - 26,580,000 units
      17. Whitney Houston - Whitney - 26,560,000 units
      18. Madonna - Like A Prayer - 25,419,000 units
      19. Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again - 23,068,000 units
      20. Barbra Streisand - Guilty - 22,973,000 units
      bubbling under:

      *Celine Dion - The Colour Of My Love - 22,558,000 units
      * Madonna - Ray Of Light - 21,197,000 units

      —-

      Thoughts?
      Fake news. The real list of biggest female albums:

      POS ARTIST TITLE STREAMS
      1 Dua Lipa Dua Lipa 7.281B
      2 Billie Eilish WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP... 5.918B
      3 Ariana Grande thank u, next 4.420B
      4 Billie Eilish don't smile at me 4.270B
      5 Zara Larsson So Good 4.064B
      6 Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman 3.987B
      7 Ariana Grande My Everything 3.864B
      8 Anne-Marie Speak Your Mind 3.696B
      9 Rihanna ANTi 3.679B
      10 Adele 25 3.312B
      11 Sia This Is Acting 3.235B
      12 Cardi B Invasion Of Privacy 3.091B
      13 Ariana Grande sweetener 2.992B
      14 Adele 21 2.898B
      15 Camila Cabello Camila 2.854B
      16 Lana Del Rey Born To Die 2.754B
      xx Lady Gaga A Star Is Born (Soundtrack) 2.601B
      17 (+1) Camila Cabello Romance 2.600B
      18 (-1) Katy Perry Teenage Dream 2.593B
      19 Taylor Swift reputation 2.523B
      20 Alessia Cara Know-It-All 2.491B

      No Dust in sight
      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
      98 - OUT

      Comment


      • ^ Well .. those are the 20 most streamed female eras ... But in terms of SPS units and merging everything, sales, streams, singles convertion, etc .. the ones I posted are the 20 biggest female eras the world has seen.

        Adele is top 3 by the way
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          ^ Well .. those are the 20 most streamed female eras ... But in terms of SPS units and merging everything, sales, streams, singles convertion, etc .. the ones I posted are the 20 biggest female eras the world has seen.

          Adele is top 3 by the way
          Those numbers look fake as hell though. All these dusty albums have pretty negligible streams and singles sales. How come that Chartmasters guy added tens of millions to the number of album sales
          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
          98 - OUT

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aRat View Post

            Those numbers look fake as hell though. All these dusty albums have pretty negligible streams and singles sales. How come that Chartmasters guy added tens of millions to the number of album sales
            That chartmasters guy uses a completely random formula to come up with his numbers. Doesn't even make any sense.

            Also why does he combine The Fame/ The Fame Monster into one era. I was told they were completely seperate and distinct albums and should never be combined?
            Last edited by InFamous; Tue September 8, 2020, 21:11.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aRat View Post

              Those numbers look fake as hell though. All these dusty albums have pretty negligible streams and singles sales. How come that Chartmasters guy added tens of millions to the number of album sales
              Well .. streaming is the component that gives less units. For example, did you know that 7,2 Billion streams only account for 4,8million units?

              What really inflates the SPS units system that we know today is the singles sales (physical or digital) that are converted into album units (known as track equivalent album sales - TEAS).. singles sales benefitted Adele’s 21 and Gaga’s The Fame eras a lot turning them into one of the biggest of all time. And many of the albums on the list had multiple and huge selling singles (in addition of being great album sellers too of course).

              it all points out that Adele’s 21, Gaga’s The Fame and Adele’s 25 are the 3 biggest female eras (overall - album sales + singles sales + streams ) that we’ve seen in the last 12 years.
              Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue September 8, 2020, 21:16.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

              Comment


              • Camila Cabello has so many streams? What

                Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                Comment


                • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                  Camila Cabello has so many streams? What

                  The Senorita effect.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                    The Senorita effect.
                    One of the most annoying songs ever, along with Shape of You. I really hate them.

                    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                      Those numbers look fake as hell though. All these dusty albums have pretty negligible streams and singles sales. How come that Chartmasters guy added tens of millions to the number of album sales
                      His bias has been exposed time and time again. There was a pretty detailed thread on ATRL a while ago. He inflates Gaga's and Yoncé's numbers and underestimates everyone else.

                      Comment


                      • Christina
                        Rihanna
                        Missy
                        Snooh Aalegra
                        M.I.A
                        Madonna
                        Azealia Banks
                        Erykah Badu
                        Grimes
                        Dua
                        Lil Kim

                        I just checked my statistics on Spotify (since 2018) and this is how the top 10 (11) female artists look like, I'm a bit surprised.
                        Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                        Comment


                        • Britney Spears has got a father, a sister and a brother-in-law with Jamie in their name.
                          Pro: freedom of speech
                          Contra: cancel culture

                          Comment


                          • My most streamed artists these last 12 months:

                            01. Mariah Carey
                            02. Madonna
                            03. Céline Dion
                            04. Meghan Trainor
                            05. Debbie Gibson
                            06. Ava Max
                            07. Sam Smith
                            08. Lara Fabian
                            09. Kylie Minogue
                            10. Katy Perry
                            11. Whitney Houston
                            12. Ariana Grande
                            13. MIKA
                            14. Lady Gaga
                            15. Vanessa Amorosi
                            16. Ayoub & Kes
                            17. Dua Lipa
                            18. Neil Diamond
                            19. Tina Arena
                            20. Janet Jackson

                            Dusty, current, successful, flops... there's room for everyone on my list as long as they touch me.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                              Christina
                              Rihanna
                              Missy
                              Snooh Aalegra
                              M.I.A
                              Madonna
                              Azealia Banks
                              Erykah Badu
                              Grimes
                              Dua
                              Lil Kim

                              I just checked my statistics on Spotify (since 2018) and this is how the top 10 (11) female artists look like, I'm a bit surprised.
                              100 Greatest Chicks

                              01 - 32,861 - Mariah Carey
                              02 - 7,484 - Madonna
                              03 - 7,271 - Florence + The Machine
                              04 - 5,476 - Céline Dion
                              05 - 5,083 - Alanis Morissette
                              06 - 5,021 - Whitney Houston
                              07 - 4,699 - Janet Jackson
                              08 - 4,436 - Lady Gaga
                              09 - 3,705 - Nelly Furtado
                              10 - 3,634 - Katy Perry
                              11 - 3,351 - Emeli Sandé
                              12 - 3,221 - Sia
                              13 - 3,048 - Jessie Ware
                              14 - 3,045 - Kelly Clarkson
                              15 - 3,042 - Ariana Grande
                              16 - 2,970 - Alicia Keys
                              17 - 2,952 - Taylor Swift
                              18 - 2,913 - Adele
                              19 - 2,897 - Beyoncé
                              20 - 2,839 - Sheryl Crow
                              21 - 2,467 - Lana Del Rey
                              22 - 2,364 - Lissie
                              23 - 2,157 - Avril Lavigne
                              24 - 2,103 - Dua Lipa
                              25 - 1,804 - Barbra Streisand
                              26 - 1,797 - Shania Twain
                              27 - 1,618 - Sarah Connor
                              28 - 1,613 - P!nk
                              29 - 1,552 - Tina Turner
                              30 - 1,537 - Britney Spears
                              31 - 1,340 - Christina Aguilera
                              32 - 1,261 - Birdy
                              33 - 1,248 - Lena Meyer-Landrut
                              34 - 1,347 - Billie Eilish
                              35 - 1,209 - Rihanna
                              36 - 1,155 - Nicki Minaj
                              37 - 986 - Kylie Minogue
                              38 - 923 - Lorde
                              39 - 884 - Dido
                              40 - 872 - Stefani Heinzmann
                              41 - 808 - Miley Cyrus
                              42 - 703 - The Chicks (+285 as Dixie Chicks)
                              43 - 679 - Janelle Monae
                              44 - 659 - Anastacia
                              45 - 658 - Vanessa Carlton
                              46 - 563 - Fergie
                              47 - 555 - Bette Midler
                              48 - 553 - Carly Rae Jepsen
                              49 - 540 - Helene Fischer
                              50 - 537 - The Bangles
                              51 - 514 - Jhene Aiko
                              52 - 482 - Amy Winehouse
                              53 - 442 - Gin Wigmore
                              54 - 440 - Kesha
                              55 - 438 - Leona Lewis
                              56 - 434 - Meghan Trainor
                              57 - 427 - Jojo
                              58 - 421 - Dolly Parton
                              59 - 415 - Seynabo Sey
                              60 - 365 - Shakira
                              61 - 358 - Brandy
                              62 - 349 - Aretha Franklin
                              63 - 349 - Freya Ridings
                              64 - 339 - Carly Simon
                              65 - 338 - Lykke Li
                              66 - 337 - Björk
                              67 - 324 - Cardi B
                              68 - 319 - Ellie Goulding
                              69 - 306 - Jennifer Lopez
                              70 - 299 - Sarah McLachlan
                              71 - 292 - Jessie J
                              72 - 283 - Katy B
                              73 - 281 - TLC
                              74 - 279 - Carole King
                              75 - 270 - Sade
                              76 - 245 - Mary J. Blige
                              77 - 242 - Cher
                              78 - 237 - Missy Elliott
                              79 - 236 . Kacey Musgraves
                              80 - 216 - Nina Nesbitt
                              81 - 207 - Leon
                              82 - 194 - Kate Bush
                              83 - 194 - Lara Fabian
                              84 - 191 - Sara Bareilles
                              85 - 189 - Dionne Warwick
                              86 - 180 - Diana Ross
                              87 - 179 - Macy Gray
                              88 - 172 - Tracy Chapman
                              89 - 163 - Michelle Branch
                              90 - 160 - Susan Boyle
                              91 - 157 - Conchita Wurst*
                              92 - 155 - Kehlani
                              93 - 153 - Solange
                              94 - 153 - Toni Braxton
                              95 - 142 - No Angels
                              96 - 140 - Jewel
                              97 - 136 - Brandi Carlile
                              98 - 136 - Halsey
                              99 - 135 - Alice Merton
                              100 - 134 - Ella Mai
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                My most streamed artists these last 12 months:

                                01. Mariah Carey
                                02. Madonna
                                We share the same Top - also in the same order. <3

                                Just by experience, i have to proclaim that TEACHERS - our profession - love those 2 ladies the most.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • stevyy, from what year is this list?

                                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                  Comment


                                  • Just curious ... Do any of you guys know about any Latin / Hispanic diva other than Shakira or J.Lo?
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                    Comment


                                    • Rosalia, queen of music
                                      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        Just curious ... Do any of you guys know about any Latin / Hispanic diva other than Shakira or J.Lo?
                                        Nelly Furtado, Anitta, Rosalia, C*mila, Semena Gomez
                                        Last edited by aRat; Tue September 8, 2020, 22:54.
                                        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                        98 - OUT

                                        Comment


                                        • My most streamed "latin" artists are Laura Pausini, Martika and Gloria Estefan.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

                                          Comment


                                          • Does Latin America cover only South American countries or does it also cover Mexico and other countries in between as well?
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Does Latin America cover only South American countries or does it also cover Mexico and other countries in between as well?
                                              Basically everything between Mexico and Argentina:

                                              Latin America is a group of countries and dependencies in the Western Hemispherewhere Romance languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, and French are predominantly spoken. However, it is often used as a synonym for Ibero-America or Hispanic America in categorizing the New World, thus excluding Latin-language speaking territories such as Quebec. The term is recent in origin and comes from the fact that the predominant languages of the countries originated with the Latin language.

                                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                Does Latin America cover only South American countries or does it also cover Mexico and other countries in between as well?
                                                I would consider Mexico to be Latin America, my ex was Mexican and he considered himself Latino.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Does Latin America cover only South American countries or does it also cover Mexico and other countries in between as well?
                                                  All Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries in South America, Central America and the Caribbean.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Monica Naranjo is the greatest Spanish artist of all time.

                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X