Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico is a latin country
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Fake news. The real list of biggest female albums:
      POS ARTIST TITLE STREAMS
      1 Dua Lipa Dua Lipa 7.281B
      2 Billie Eilish WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP... 5.918B
      3 Ariana Grande thank u, next 4.420B
      4 Billie Eilish don't smile at me 4.270B
      5 Zara Larsson So Good 4.064B
      6 Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman 3.987B
      7 Ariana Grande My Everything 3.864B
      8 Anne-Marie Speak Your Mind 3.696B
      9 Rihanna ANTi 3.679B
      10 Adele 25 3.312B
      11 Sia This Is Acting 3.235B
      12 Cardi B Invasion Of Privacy 3.091B
      13 Ariana Grande sweetener 2.992B
      14 Adele 21 2.898B
      15 Camila Cabello Camila 2.854B
      16 Lana Del Rey Born To Die 2.754B
      xx Lady Gaga A Star Is Born (Soundtrack) 2.601B
      17 (+1) Camila Cabello Romance 2.600B
      18 (-1) Katy Perry Teenage Dream 2.593B
      19 Taylor Swift reputation 2.523B
      20 Alessia Cara Know-It-All 2.491B
      No Dust in sight
      Katy's Teenage Dream being the only album from 2010 in the Top 20. Timeless classic, dominating the digital era and being very well represented in the streaming era. Those six number ones, and 2 further Top 3's live on .
      Last edited by InFamous; Wed September 9, 2020, 00:14.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Katy's Teenage Dream being the only album from the 00's in the Top 20. Timeless classic, dominating the digital era and being very well represented in the streaming era.
        It’s not from the 00s:

The 2000s (pronounced "two-thousands") was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on January 1, 2000, and ended on December 31, 2009.

-

It’s a 10s album and there are 17 other albums from the 10s above it.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• JLo's THIRD studio album, This is me... Then , was really her best work. I still listen to it regularly.

Comment

• Btw these are the 10 biggest female albums of the 2010s decade in USA according to Billboard.

Billboard Decade - End chart (2010-2019):

1. Adele - 21 (#1)
            2. Taylor Swift - 1989 (#2)
            3. Adele - 25 (#19)
            4. Rihanna - Anti (#29)
            5. Lady Gaga - The Fame (#31)
            6. Taylor Swift - Red (#32)
            7. Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born (#33)
            8. Cardi B - Invasion Of Privacy (#38)
            9. Lorde - Pure Heroine (#40)
            10. P!nk - The Truth About Love (#43)

Source: https://www.billboard.com/charts/dec.../billboard-200

Which one of the 10 biggest female albums of the decade was your favorite?

Comment

• Love what Miley did with this live, excellent vocal. The grit in her voice sounds amazing on this track.

Band on point too, I am a fan of live instrumentation during performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                Love what Miley did with this live, excellent vocal. The grit in her voice sounds amazing on this track.

Band on point too, I am a fan of live instrumentation during performances.

Do you know this then?

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                98 - OUT

Comment

• The amount of smashes and classics Rihab ​​​​​​​
                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Rihanna will complete 5 years in January since ANTI, Adele will complete 5 years in two months.

These two lazy girls.

Comment

• I like those chart history videos, too. Not only can you see the amount of hit singles an artist had over a span of years, you can always tell when a single was chosen badly . It's always a pity if a certain single (e.g. 'You Da One') doesn't manage to be an artist's highest charting single in at least one week.
                      Pro: freedom of speech
                      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Miley really came back hard with Midnight Sky, i especially love VMA performance.

As for Dua Lipa Live in LA remix, it's legendary
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The amount of smashes and classics Rihab ​​​​​​​
                          We needed another Rihsus smasha 84 years ago.
                          Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            I like those chart history videos, too. Not only can you see the amount of hit singles an artist had over a span of years, you can always tell when a single was chosen badly . It's always a pity if a certain single (e.g. 'You Da One') doesn't manage to be an artist's highest charting single in at least one week.
                            It's one of her worst singles, but I doubt that any other song would've done much better. WFL was just too massive.

Comment

• Yeah they should've waited a little longer and then release Talk That Talk with a video. It could've worked as the Urban/Rhytmic single. YDO was too poppy(and basic). Then follow up with a proper combo of WHYB and Birthday Cake including release of the Remix officially
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• We Found Love and Where Have You Been are among the best Pop/Dance songs of the last 20-25 years. Both are flawless. I need another bop from Rihanna on her next album.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Do you know this then?

Oh wow, that sounds amazing. But we know Dua is an actual artist. Her Lost in Your Light performance with Miguel is amazing too.

Comment

• I may be unpopular but I loved Miley’s entire “Younger Now” era, the “Malibu” single, the much hated “Younger Now” second single (and it’s music video) and the album. I liked it all.

Comment

• I only like Malibu, it's one of her best songs ever.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The songs she released since then were far better , Slide Away, Mothers Daughter and now Midnight Sky.
                                        I also enjoyed most of her EP except for that God awful Cattitude.
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Wed September 9, 2020, 21:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          I may be unpopular but I loved Miley’s entire “Younger Now” era, the “Malibu” single, the much hated “Younger Now” second single (and it’s music video) and the album. I liked it all.
                                          I like Hole's Malibu better

Comment

• Carrie Underwood released the first single of her up coming Christmas album.

Meghan Trainor is releasing her Christmas album next month.

Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• We have been getting snow over this past day so the timing works.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Carrie Underwood released the first single of her up coming Christmas album.

Meghan Trainor is releasing her Christmas album next month.

Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it my idea or are people wanting xmas to come more earlier this year than ever ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

is it my idea or are people wanting xmas to come more earlier this year than ever ?
                                                  Most people are probably done with 2020 already.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Probably my favorite reaction ever.
                                                    Property of cheapthrill

Comment

Working...
                                                    X