Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    There is 1 era in American music which I didn't follow and that was between 2000-2004. So acts like C-Error and Arschanti never happened in my world. Or Amerrhi.. et al. who they?

The only pop gurl in Mariah's downfalls years that mattered to me was German legend Nelly Furtado.
    only thing Ashanti is remembered for is for singing i will always love Shoe instead of youon GMA

Comment

• Ciara and Ashanti both have the hits, especially Ciara. They helped define 90s babies childhood

Comment

• I don't even care to much for Crazy in love, but I know the artist that passed on it are kicking themselves right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Cher has six decades on Billboard.
          We are talking about Hot 100 chart.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Even though Mariah's One Sweet Day and Madonna's Take A Bow are their biggest hits in US, i find both songs underrated among fans and GP.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Even though Mariah's One Sweet Day and Madonna's Take A Bow are their biggest hits in US, i find both songs underrated among fans and GP.
              I agree! They’re both two beautiful songs and despite their massive success back then they tend to be overlooked by the GP.

Comment

Even though Mariah's One Sweet Day and Madonna's Take A Bow are their biggest hits in US, i find both songs underrated among fans and GP.
                A lot of those hits are forgotten imo. Mariah is in a even worse situation considering hers was multi week number 1s

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                  A lot of those hits are forgotten imo. Mariah is in a even worse situation considering hers was multi week number 1s
                  Oh yeah, poor Mariah!

Comment

We are talking about Hot 100 chart.
                    Who's we?

Comment

Who's we?
                      Everyone else but you, apparently.

Comment

• This is imo the underrated gem of Daydream album and along with Always Be My Baby, my fave song on the album.

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• should have made the UK#1 though, that one time Madchester sound scored big on the global stage
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                            Everyone else but you, apparently.
                            Maybe we should talk about Madonna and Janet having number one albums on the billboard 200 in four consecutive decades, with four different titles.

Comment

Maybe we should talk about Madonna and Janet having number one albums on the billboard 200 in four consecutive decades, with four different titles.
                              Or How RW has 3 decades of #1 albums in the UK.

1990s: 2 (+3 with Take That)
                              2000s: 6
                              2010s: 5 (+2 with Take That)
                              My Chart

Comment

Madonna doesn't have #1 albums in 4 different decades on BB200. She missed out on having one in the 90's. Erotica #2, Bedtime Stories #3, Ray of Light #2 and if you count soundtrack albums - I'm Breathless #2 and Evita #2. The Immaculate Collection also peaked at #2.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                  Madonna doesn't have #1 albums in 4 different decades on BB200. She missed out on having one in the 90's. Erotica #2, Bedtime Stories #3, Ray of Light #2 and if you count soundtrack albums - I'm Breathless #2 and Evita #2. The Immaculate Collection also peaked at #2.
                                  OMG my whole life is a lie!

Comment

OMG my whole life is a lie!
                                    finally, you are able to admit it.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      finally, you are able to admit it.
                                      I was sure Madge had a number one album in the 90s.

Comment

• Crazy Frog has more youtube subscribers than Mariah Carey

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                          Crazy Frog has more youtube subscribers than Mariah Carey
                                          Talent, acclaim, beauty etc always win.
                                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                            Oh yeah, poor Mariah!
                                            Glad u finally understand now

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                              Talent, acclaim, beauty etc always win.
                                              Bam-bam!

Comment

Didn't her greatest hits sell like 10M in the US? And it didn't reach #1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                  Didn't her greatest hits sell like 10M in the US? And it didn't reach #1?
                                                  Yep. But at least it has a #1 song on it.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Yep. But at least it has a #1 song on it.
                                                    We love a number 1 that inspired this masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                                                    X