Music Of The Sun - 170,000
    A Girl Like Me - 710,000
    Good Girl Gone Bad - 1,940,000
    Rated R - 740,000
    Loud - 1,980,000
    Talk That Talk - 1,060,000
    Unapologetic - 740,000
    Anti - 110,000

total = 7,450,000 albums sold (pure sales)

Taylor’s Albums PURE SALES in UK:

Taylor Swift - 155,000
    Fearless - 550,000
    Speak Now - 210,000
    Red - 620,000
    1989 - 1,120,000
    Reputation - 235,000
    Lovers - 55,000

total = 2,945,000 albums sold (pure sales)

—-

those certain people who always look at the UK (an anglophone market) to determine how global someone is.

Now let's do China. Just for laughs.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      Still, Taylor's 56m versus Rihanna's 30m.
      Yeah and 45m from Taylor come from US ... A local diva
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

At the end of the day, these are pointless and childish discussions and people who are over 30 still doing this have serious problems

I don't give a F about who sells more, at the end of the day none of that money enters my pocket so why should i care?
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• If Taylor is seen as local God help everyone else.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            I know things have changed and SPS or whatever is used now but trying to say that an SPS unit is is remotely comparable to an album sale is delusional.
            Why are you mad about SPS units though? Just a few pages ago you were extremely irritated when I used pure album sales receipts for Katy’s “Teenage Dream” instead of the SPS units total.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            That all emcompassing term of "records" is so misleading, because one record can be one single download or one album purchase. Everything is lumped into one.
            However, most people will have the basic ability to realize that it's not the same at all
            .. And since when you’re mad at counting singles for artists’ popularity and stats?

You’re always pointing out how Katy’s TD had 5 #1 singles and how big the era was thanks to it’s 5 #1 SINGLES

.. But somehow today the narrative has changed and suddenly singles are overrated and album sales is what matters?
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• AUSTRALIA

Taylor Swift
              Lover 2x Platinum
              Reputation 3x Platinum
              1989 9x Platinum
              Fearless 7x Platinum
              Red 4x Platinum
              Taylor Swift Platinum
              Speak Now 2X Platinum

TOTAL: 28 Platinum (1.960.000 units)

Rihanna
              Good Girl Gone Bad 4x Platinum
              Loud 3x Platinum
              Unapologetic Platinum
              Talk That Talk Platinum
              Rated R Platinum
              A Girl Like Me Platinum

TOTAL: 11 Platinum (770.000 units).

A few countries in Europe won't make much difference, Taylor's dominance in China and Asian countries will only open the gap more. No one is denying Rihanna's success but to claim she sold more albums than Taylor is BS.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

A few countries in Europe won't make much difference, Taylor's dominance in China and Asian countries will only open the gap more. No one is denying Rihanna's success but to claim she sold more albums than Taylor is BS.
                Now Let’s do France, Germany, Ireland, and more than 20 European countries

She sold more albums than Taylor in Europe and Latin America. Face it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Now Let’s do France, Germany, Ireland, and more than 20 European countries

She sold more albums than Taylor in Europe and Latin America. Face it.
                  The only markets that matter would be France and Germany. Her sales in China alone would dwarf Rihanna's sales in Europe.

Plus those Grammy Awards that you love so much to mention when it comes to Katy Perry How many AOTY Grammy has Taylor won? Or don't they matter now they don't suit your intentions here?
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

A few countries in Europe won't make much difference, Taylor's dominance in China and Asian countries will only open the gap more.
                    BS. Rih sold more albums outside the US and it's not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

BS. Rih sold more albums outside the US and it's not even close.
                      Lol, receipts?

How many times Rihanna topped IFPI's Top Global Artist list or had the best selling album of the year?
                      Last edited by spiritboy; Sun September 13, 2020, 02:26.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Btw, Lovers sold 240k copies in UK not 55
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Btw, Lovers sold 240k copies in UK not 55
                          I used pure sales for both. Not sps units

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Plus those Grammy Awards that you love so much to mention when it comes to Katy Perry How many AOTY Grammy has Taylor won? Or don't they matter now they don't suit your intentions here?
                          Well Taylor has 10 Grammys and Rihanna has 9 Grammys. Very close.

Rihanna is a 9 time Grammy Award winner without even being American or white. A girl from Barbados, Impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Why are you mad about SPS units though? Just a few pages ago you were extremely irritated when I used pure album sales receipts for Katy’s “Teenage Dream” instead of the SPS units total.

.. And since when you’re mad at counting singles for artists’ popularity and stats?

You’re always pointing out how Katy’s TD had 5 #1 singles and how big the era was thanks to it’s 5 #1 SINGLES

.. But somehow today the narrative has changed and suddenly singles are overrated and album sales is what matters?
                            Six actually including the deluxe but who's counting
                            . And Katy again..
                            Funny how her name keeps comin out your mouth
                            Swish swish

Another one in the casket, and another one..

Comment

Lol, receipts?
                              Pure album sales outside the US:

Music of the Sun vs. Taylor Swift: 1.05M vs. 0.80M
                              A Girl Like Me vs. Fearless: 2.20M vs. 2.68M
                              Good Girl Gone Bad vs. Speak Now: 5.8M vs. 1.52M
                              Rated R vs. Red: 2.18M vs. 2.65M
                              LOUD vs. 1989: 4.63M vs. 4.11M
                              ​​​​​​​Talk That Talk vs. Reputation: 2.60M vs. 1.10M
                              Unapologetic vs. Lover: 2.33M vs. 380k
                              ANTI vs. Folklore: 535k vs. 100k (?)

Total: 21.33M vs. 13.34M

According to ChartMasters.

Comment

• Wow ive really been feeling Toni Braxton's album this weekend, Happy without me and Saturday night almost got me re evaluating my choices. DEEP.

Comment

At the end of the day, these are pointless and childish discussions and people who are over 30 still doing this have serious problems
                                  Period. Point blank. End of discussion.

Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• I will say that: Rihanna is as global as it gets, except for Anti. Especially when it compared to Taylor but it makes zero sense to suddenly stick to pure sales, and continue to do so while comparing 2012 Unapologetic to an album released in 2019 just because that's their respective 7th album. Also the 1989 total is much more impressive for an album released late 2014 than Loud's from 2010. If someone said Taylor sold more albums outside of the US they are wrong but when Taylor had her European breakthrough for example pure sales were actually already dying (Red was much bigger but still didn't catch up to Fearless)
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

LOL Rihanna is much bigger than Tayloo. More hits, more record sales, more strihms, more impact, higher net worth etc.
                                      For the ppl in the back. This discussion is pointless.
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

but but ChInA!!!1111!!
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

If Taylor is seen as local God help everyone else.
                                          Exactly

Comment

• my sunday bop to wake up to and start the day is.....

DREAMLOVER by THE Mariah Carey!

Baby, come and take me awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyya
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Mine is:
                                              Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                Mine is:
                                                Bish Wedding Song is your everyday sing.

It could be worse though. At least it's not Xmas Fad Song.
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

Exactly
                                                  She is though. Those fake China "sales" ain't convincing anyone.
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

Thanks for the receipts. Everyone knows Rih outsold outside the US.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X