Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
    So no one told me that Miss Mariah had a new song out called STD and it is #1 on this forum for two weeks already?
    It's all over this forum...

Lalalalalalalala...
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      aha aha baby. ah, aha aha baby wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      Give me some of that liquor too

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

aha aha baby. ah, aha aha baby wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

THIS STUFF IS STARTING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Well it's the job of an STD to spread...

Thankfully I & 99,9999999969% of the world haven't been infected yet
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Lalalalalalalala...
            An official UKMIX #1 song. The Queen is stomping on them other chickens who are ash.
            My Chart

Comment

Well it's the job of an STD to spread...

Thankfully I & 99,9999999969% of the world haven't been infected yet
              If Mariah's streams = countries then STD would be the size of a Baltic State now... and soon, it will reach Finland status. <3 (And who doesn't love world leader in everything, Finland?)
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                I'm surprised Meghan Trainor isn't dropped by her record label yet.
                Well it’s not like she’s a Tinashe who has released flop album after flop album after flop album (we still love Tinashe). Her debut was insanely successful and had countless hits and her second album also did good and spawned two hits. Her latest album was her first real flop. But I think the Christmas album will flop harder tbh.
                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It's too divided, too deep to understand, but if we don't do it... tell me who will?

Comment

If Mariah's streams = countries then STD would be the size of a Baltic State now... and soon, it will reach Finland status. <3 (And who doesn't love world leader in everything, Finland?)
                    Bish pls It's not even big in Narnia let alone in any real country. A flop STD only spread on this forum but nowhere else.
                    Last edited by aRat; Tue September 15, 2020, 20:15.
                    98 - OUT

Comment

Bish pls It's not even big in Narnia let alone in any real country. A flop STD only spread on this forum but nowhere else.
                      That's what counts. We live in this bubble called UKMIX.

Comment

it even made its way to you. <3
                        My Chart

Comment

it even made its way to you. <3
                          Never heard it though

-----------

I think the Maria stans should make peace with the fact that she is completely over & done for except for that month where The Plague the Xmas song makes a comeback. They'll sleep better this way
                          98 - OUT

Comment

I think the Maria stans should make peace with the fact that she is completely over & done for except for that month where The Plague the Xmas song makes a comeback. They'll sleep better this way
                            so you've just contradicted yourself?!

Mariah is a trendsetter... now Madonna, too, is letting people hear her demos. I seriously do not know any other living female who has released a full album of her initially rejected songs. MC30 is so unique.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Mariah has given us:

The #1's (1998)
                              The Remixes (2003)
                              The Ballads (2009) and now, too,
                              The Rarities (2020)

when even aRat is talking and gushing over her side projects... she really has reached all kinds of people.
                              My Chart

Comment

Mariah is a trendsetter... now Madonna, too, is letting people hear her demos. I seriously do not know any other living female who has released a full album of her initially rejected songs. MC30 is so unique.
                                Madonna demos have been leaking since forever tho.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Madonna demos have been leaking since forever tho.
                                  she should release an album of her rejects as well. I would be very interested in those songs too. Maybe one day... IF a project like The Rarities should have some sort of success, I assume that more people will follow and release theirs as well.
                                  My Chart

Comment

Mariah has given us:

The #1's (1998)
                                    The Remixes (2003)
                                    The Ballads (2009) and now, too,
                                    The Rarities (2020)

when even aRat is talking and gushing over her side projects... she really has reached all kinds of people.
                                    And let’s not forget that The Ballads basically reinvented music. That was the definition of a cultural reset.
                                    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

So no one told me that Maria had a new song out called STD and it is (as expected) bombing to hell and back?

Have you not heard it ? It's actually very good and has been used to promote the US Open as well as hitting the top 10 on itunes. A smash.

Comment

• If he won't, and she won't, and they won't, then we won't
                                        We won't ever learn

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Well it’s not like she’s a Tinashe who has released flop album after flop album after flop album (we still love Tinashe). Her debut was insanely successful and had countless hits and her second album also did good and spawned two hits. Her latest album was her first real flop. But I think the Christmas album will flop harder tbh.
                                          Countless ? Do you have difficulty counting to 4 ?
                                          I only heard two of them. In the UK she was kinda over after Lips Are Movin unless you sought her out. I did hear that woeful No song once or twice although I have to admit No excuses was kinda so bad it was good in a way.

I think most gurls Xmas albums flop tbh. Even Sia's did nothing. I don't get why they keep releasing them. It's like everyone has one at this stage.
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Tue September 15, 2020, 21:13.

Comment

I'm sure there has to have been someone who did ? Even Barbra or Dionne ? If they haven't then I guess not. Michael Jackson kinda did something like this on his Ultimate collection in 2004, although it was packaged with his hits there were quite a lot of rarities and demos included. I think around ten total.

Comment

she should release an album of her rejects as well. I would be very interested in those songs too. Maybe one day... IF a project like The Rarities should have some sort of success, I assume that more people will follow and release theirs as well.
                                              Agreed. I was once read that Michael Jackson kept some of his recording sessions' best songs reserved as he had plans for future releases. It wouldn't surprise me if big acts like Madonna did the same in order to end their career on a high peak.
                                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                              and everything you stand for?
                                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                              just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Agreed. I was once read that Michael Jackson kept some of his recording sessions' best songs reserved as he had plans for future releases. It wouldn't surprise me if big acts like Madonna did the same in order to end their career on a high peak.
                                                It is unlikely a Rarities album will do a lot. It will mostly appeal to fans but I am interested to see if any of Mariahs old fans will check it out seeing as it has songs from the 90s on it.

Comment

Never heard it though

-----------

Why do you think I only talk about GOAT?
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I'm sure there has to have been someone who did ? Even Barbra or Dionne ? If they haven't then I guess not. Michael Jackson kinda did something like this on his Ultimate collection in 2004, although it was packaged with his hits there were quite a lot of rarities and demos included. I think around ten total.
                                                    yeah Barbra did it with Release Me back in '12 and Dionne with 2013's We Need to go Back set

Comment

Working...
                                                    X