Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Why do you think I only talk about GOAT?
    We Belong Together

2 No.1s
    11 Top 10s
    15 Top 20s

Unfaithful

2 No.1s
    14 Top 10s
    16 Top 20s
    The real GOAT.

And it's only like Rih's 5th biggest ballad worldwide.
    Thots on Rihsus out-ballading the dusty ballad singers?

Comment

• The new, better, more remembered GOAT live.

Squeakriah could never.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

And let’s not forget that The Ballads basically reinvented music. That was the definition of a cultural reset.
        indeed. Every year during Valentine's and Mother Day etc... that compilation gets a boost. Mariah has albums for all seasons.mp3.

Not everyone has that. Most MPG release music for people to forget about. Mariah releases music for eternity. <3
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

We Belong Together

2 No.1s
          11 Top 10s
          15 Top 20s
          OMG at you admitting GOAT was global.

Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

OMG at you admitting GOAT was global.

Don't forget it topped one of the most important personal charts too.

also, whyyyy are we both awake so early

coffee

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              Don't forget it topped one of the most important personal charts too.

also, whyyyy are we both awake so early

coffee
              My job starts at 9 bb. Currently on subway.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

My job starts at 9 bb. Currently on subway.
                ohhh for some reason I thought you were Central time

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

ohhh for some reason I thought you were Central time

Comment

• We Belong Together only has 11 top 10s?
                    The Voice Within has 13 top 10s. The fifth, final single.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                      We Belong Together only has 11 top 10s?

Amd that's a matter because of what?
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

We Belong Together only has 11 top 10s?

The Voice Within is def kinda a classique. Alle my female cousins were kinda obsessed with it back then.
                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

...of nothing, ofc.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

The Voice Within is def kinda a classique. Alle my female cousins were kinda obsessed with it back then.
                            All Stripped songs were hits in the world. United States can no comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Hush it's just harmless pop diva fun. It's not like we are discriminating minorities or stuff like that.
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Many people criticize and shade “We Belong Together” and yeah, I think the song is indeed annoying and overrated.

But we have to consider that Mariah released that song 15 years into her career ..... very FEW artists achieve such caliber of success that long into their careers .. so the song “only” got 11 Top 10s on the charts? Hardly a bad thing, most acts would kill to have those 11 Top 10s when they’re 15 years in the business.
                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                  Many people criticize and shade “We Belong Together” and yeah, I think the song is indeed annoying and overrated.

But we have to consider that Mariah released that song 15 years into her career ..... very FEW artists achieve such caliber of success that long into their careers .. so the song “only” got 11 Top 10s on the charts? Hardly a bad thing, most acts would kill to have those 11 Top 10s when they’re 15 years in the business.
                                  Agree, few female artists can get a big hit for 15 years in their careers. + Grammy

Which pop diva do y'all think will get an honorary Grammy... someday?​

Comment

Agree, few female artists can get a big hit for 15 years in their careers. + Grammy

Rihanna Dua Lipa etc
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Honorary Grammy? Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. They’ll both make it into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame too (as soon as they get eligible).
                                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 16, 2020, 15:48.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Rihanna Dua Lipa etc
                                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy...ievement_Award

I am surprised that Madonna has not yet received this award.
                                        1. Madonna, Whitney, Janet, Mariah, Toni, Mary J
                                        2. Alicia, Beyonce, Christina, Amy, Missy, Kelly C?
                                        3. Rihanna, Taylor, Gaga
                                        4. New Generation

Comment

• I don't recognize 90% of those ppl. Seems like a meaningless award.
                                          98 - OUT

Comment

Honorary Grammy? Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. They’ll both make it into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame too (as soon as they get eligible).
                                            Not that list again. No one cares about that other than rock stans
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy...ievement_Award

I am surprised that Madonna has not yet received this award.
                                              1. Madonna, Whitney, Janet, Mariah, Toni, Mary J
                                              2. Alicia, Beyonce, Christina, Amy, Missy, Kelly C?
                                              3. Rihanna, Taylor, Gaga
                                              4. New Generation
                                              Madonna is not a Grammy favorite artist. She did manage to get 7 Grammys BUT like 80% of those come from “Ray Of Light” , prior or after ROL she’s never been the biggest darling with the Grammys.

She is inducted in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame which is by far more prestigious and important though.
                                              Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 16, 2020, 16:00.

Comment

Madonna is not a Grammy favorite artist. She did manage to get 7 Grammys BUT like 80% of those come from “Ray Of Light” , prior or after ROL she’s never been a the biggest darling with the Grammys.

She is inducted in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame which is by far more prestigious and important though.
                                                And Mariah IS?

Comment

Not that list again. No one cares about that other than rock stans
                                                  The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction is the biggest accolade you could get in the music business.

Comment

• Madonna will get tons of rewards when she dies, unfortunately. It happened to Michael, it will happen to Madonna. The fact that she didn't get even one Grammy for LAV is a crime.
                                                    You can call Grammy useless award, but it's still the most prestigious award in the world. Same with the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, a lot of people criticize this list. There is nothing that everyone in the world would like.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X