X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Not that list again. No one cares about that other than rock stans
    You need to start finding your seat.
    Why is it that some people on this board get away with f*cking everything. A joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction is the biggest accolade you could get in the music business.
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

yeah Barbra did it with Release Me back in '12 and Dionne with 2013's We Need to go Back set
        I figured Barbra would have done this, she released everything lol

Peaked at 7 in the US, will be interesting to see if Mariahs can make the top 10. I am sure she will with her fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
          Madonna will get tons of rewards when she dies, unfortunately. It happened to Michael, it will happen to Madonna. The fact that she didn't get even one Grammy for LAV is a crime.
          You can call Grammy useless award, but it's still the most prestigious award in the world. Same with the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, a lot of people criticize this list. There is nothing that everyone in the world would like.

The most prestigious award in the world? .. not even close.

... Anyways, I always joke about Grammys and that stuff but in reality I actually think winning a grammy is one of the easiest things to achieve in the music business (if you are a mainstream popstar, of course). even the likes of Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor, Pitbull and a song like “Who let The dogs out” won Grammys

90% of mainstream commercial popstars will win a Grammy at one point (and some will even get up to 15 to more than 20 trophies), it’s not excluisve or that hard to win at all.
          Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 16, 2020, 16:38.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

indeed. Every year during Valentine's and Mother Day etc... that compilation gets a boost. Mariah has albums for all seasons.mp3.

Not everyone has that. Most MPG release music for people to forget about. Mariah releases music for eternity. <3
            Sorry but Whitney's the Ultimate Collection is the mother of all compilations. IT is at no 38 in the UK this week and has been charting for 338 weeks now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

You need to start finding your seat.
              Why is it that some people on this board get away with f*cking everything. A joke.
              I didn't lie. The Rock and Rock Hall of Shame is an elitist white str8 male dominated mess which might have had some prestigious status in the past but that status has been erased as time progressed (just like rock has been erased from the charts)
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I didn't lie. The Rock and Rock Hall of Shame is an elitist white str8 male dominated mess which might have had some prestigious status in the past but that status has been erased as time progressed (just like rock has been erased from the charts)
                None of these lists actually matter in the real world. 99 percent of people have never even heard of the hall of fame or the songwriters thing.

Comment

• I love a good ratchet moment and all but I don’t want the good sis Hejira to be permanently erased from here.
                  Originally posted by beredy
                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Anyway, give Katy a few spins pop fans. I recommend Cry about it Later and Tucked for your listening pleasure.
                    And of course, don't forget to "Smile"

Comment

• This 70s tune still remains one of the greatest mainstream songs ever made and crazy to think the song’s message is more relevant than ever today. Such a beautiful and game changing song.

Without a doubt one of my Top 10 personal favorite songs of all time.
                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• A mess and a half

-----------------------------------------------------------

98 - OUT

Comment

• Best version of the song.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            I love a good ratchet moment and all but I don’t want the good sis Hejira to be permanently erased from here.
                            Hopefully the right member gets banned this time.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• What happened.

Comment

The most prestigious award in the world? .. not even close.

... Anyways, I always joke about Grammys and that stuff but in reality I actually think winning a grammy is one of the easiest things to achieve in the music business (if you are a mainstream popstar, of course). even the likes of Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor, Pitbull and a song like “Who let The dogs out” won Grammys

90% of mainstream commercial popstars will win a Grammy at one point (and some will even get up to 15 to more than 20 trophies), it’s not excluisve or that hard to win at all.
                                In the world of music? Yes. Like everything in life, sometimes some choices are weird. In the case of the Grammy, mistakes also happen. But it's not like the Grammy is the VMA lol. One of the easiest things? Then why Britney of her peers has the least Grammy? I will answer in a later paragraph.
                                I know fans of people who have a tiny amount of nominations / wins will always argue that these awards are worth nothing but c'mon.
                                The fact that today the Grammy is an award for popularity (though not always), but it was once an award for talent. The main categories are getting worse every year.
                                Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

• The best new artist category at the grammys is just the worst... 99% of who is awarded vanished with album #2.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Speaking of Grammys.
                                    Kanye posted a video of him peeing on one of his.
                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Remember this absolute scream of a performance
                                      For some reason it showed up on my YT as recommended video.

Comment

In the world of music? Yes. Like everything in life, sometimes some choices are weird. In the case of the Grammy, mistakes also happen. But it's not like the Grammy is the VMA lol. One of the easiest things? Then why Britney of her peers has the least Grammy? I will answer in a later paragraph.
                                        I know fans of people who have a tiny amount of nominations / wins will always argue that these awards are worth nothing but c'mon.
                                        The fact that today the Grammy is an award for popularity (though not always), but it was once an award for talent. The main categories are getting worse every year.
                                        That’s the point .. they are so easy to win that even someone like Britney won one (I love Brit , but we never saw Cameron Diaz winning an Oscar right?)

Grammys are not like the Oscars ... for actors it is a quite hard award to win, you don’t see actors winning 12 or 15 Oscars, if anything a few will be lucky to get 1 win in their entire life (very rare those actors who won more than once) and once they win it actually feels like they literally joined an elite club or something that separates them from the large majority of actors who never win one , mainstream names like Adam Sandler hasn’t won an Oscar (Pitbull on the other hand has won a Grammy though) ... even acclaimed actresses like Glenn Close or Icons like Tom Cruise haven’t won Oscars ... It’s an exclusive thing.

.. Grammys are not that way in any sense. It’s a popular easy accolade among the commercial popstars circle. Just name any popstar and you’ll find out that 90% of the pop acts you mention are Grammy winners (even Kylie Minogue who wasn’t even famous in USA).

And the Grammys were more decent and credible before but still they were this cheesy adult contemporary award show for the likes of Barbra Streisand / Frank Sinatra and safe artists ... the real artists and rock revolutionaries were rarely awarded or considered. In fact, the Grammys mean a single sh*t and have literal 0 importance among the Rock community.
                                        Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 16, 2020, 20:31.

Comment

• The Grammy's live on snubbing certain albums/ artists when they feel like it. Especially females. How many females have they done this to over the years ?
                                          Mariah with Daydream, Ariana, Katy, Rihanna. They all had 6/7 noms for one album and left with nothing. I am sure there are more examples. It seems to be a power thing.

Comment

• @MrLeonix
                                            The comparison with the Oscars is misplaced. If the Grammy only had one category for Best Male Singer / Female Singer of the Year, some people wouldn't have 20 Grammys, only 1, maybe 2. Gwyneth Paltrow has Oscar and Glenn Close does not, same with Grammy, sometimes there are big mistakes.
                                            Regarding the last paragraph, they don't bother selling albums either, where everyone in the pop forum gets an orgasm whether the album is platinum or not.

Emmy / Grammy / Oscars / Tony - the most important showbiz awards in the US.

Comment

@MrLeonix
                                              The comparison with the Oscars is misplaced. If the Grammy only had one category for Best Male Singer / Female Singer of the Year, some people wouldn't have 20 Grammys, only 1, maybe 2. Gwyneth Paltrow has Oscar and Glenn Close does not, same with Grammy, sometimes there are big mistakes.
                                              Regarding the last paragraph, they don't bother selling albums either, where everyone in the pop forum gets an orgasm whether the album is platinum or not.

That’s another thing that makes Grammys cheap. They have like 500 categories

You don’t see the Oscars pulling categories such as “Best Actor in a Sci-Fi film”, “Best acting Duo in a horror film”, “Best actress in a comedy film” or stuff like “Best New Actor” .... They just have the essential categories and simply “Best Actor” and “Best Actress” as it should be.

Grammys should have 15-20 categories at most (where every genre from classical to polka competes) only awarding the essential.

- Album Of The Year
                                              - Song Of The Year
                                              - Producer Of The Year
                                              - Songwriter Of The Year
                                              - Music Video Of The Year
                                              - Tour / Live Performance Of The Year
                                              - Remixer Of The Year
                                              - Engineer Of The Year
                                              - Vocal Performance Of The Year
                                              - Instrumental Performance Of The Year

And maybe a few more and that’s it.

That would be really exclusive and hard to win. But of course if you add a bunch categories for every minimal thing then everyone will win

Comment

@MrLeonix

Personally I would value a Guinness world record over a Grammy. A world record is the ultimate accolade in life.

Katy has four as well as being Top Global Female Recording Artist of 2013.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Wed September 16, 2020, 21:08.

Comment

That’s another thing that makes Grammys cheap. They have like 500 categories

You don’t see the Oscars pulling categories such as “Best Actor in a Sci-Fi film”, “Best acting Duo in a horror film”, “Best actress in a comedy film” or stuff like “Best New Actor” .... They just have the essential categories and simply “Best Actor” and “Best Actress” as it should be.

Grammys should have 15-20 categories at most (where every genre from classical to polka competes) only awarding the essential.

- Album Of The Year
                                                  - Song Of The Year
                                                  - Producer Of The Year
                                                  - Songwriter Of The Year
                                                  - Music Video Of The Year
                                                  - Tour / Live Performance Of The Year
                                                  - Remixer Of The Year
                                                  - Engineer Of The Year
                                                  - Vocal Performance Of The Year
                                                  - Instrumental Performance Of The Year

And maybe a few more and that’s it.

That would be really exclusive and hard to win. But of course if you add a bunch categories for every minimal thing then everyone will win

I am in favor of totally minimizing the category to a few.
                                                  If this year 'music artists' such as BTS, Selena Gomez, or other products are nominated for the Grammy, I will officially break my relationship with the Grammy.
                                                  I was once amused by Halsey, who "dissed" the Grammy, saying fans should vote for the songs. This made the VMA a completely worthless prize.

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Wed September 16, 2020, 21:06.

Comment

• And of course, that categories such as song of the year / album of the year are not commercial oriented. It's the same metacritic that judges the artist and not the album content, which is embarrassing. But fortunately, Grammy is not influenced by this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X