• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLo and Britney's idol!!!
    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
      And of course, that categories such as song of the year / album of the year are not commercial oriented. It's the same metacritic that judges the artist and not the album content, which is embarrassing. But fortunately, Grammy is not influenced by this.

.. Anyways, for the Rock community of fans Grammys are even seen as an embarrasing thing, if your band / rock act starts to win many Grammys then the bullying starts as that would mean you’re up there with Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and Barbra Streisand
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post

JLo and Britney's idol!!!
        JLo and Britney’s idols were always Madonna / Janet ... never that fad.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• The big difference is though that in a year hundred thousands of songs and albums are released while it is definitely less in movies especially if only blockbusters and critic choices which have a release in cinema are considered. Grammys award the whole industry and therefore of course need more categories. While there are the Emmys for Film too that focuses on all genres and differentiates comes, drama etc. Makes zero sense to flat out compare Oscar's and Grammys
          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

.. Anyways, for the Rock community of fans Grammys are even seen as an embarrasing thing, if your band / rock act starts to win many Grammys then the bullying starts as that would mean you’re up there with Taylor Swift and Barbra Streisand
            I'm a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, I'm only interested in their music. Whether they win grammys or sell billions of copies - I don't care. All in all, this applies to all my favorites, after all I listen to their music, and the fact that something is gold is not a better song.

I don't understand the Taylor Swift phenomenon. While her latest album is really cool, the rest is a bit basic. Sing about love relationships all the time, meh.
            Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

• Beyonce invented Tik Tok with this video....
              Diva!!!

Comment

• A year ago, I was desperately hoping Normani would be the next amazing crossover girl with Motivation and here we are, a year later, and her biggest accomplishment in 2020 is a WAP cameo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                  A year ago, I was desperately hoping Normani would be the next amazing crossover girl with Motivation and here we are, a year later, and her biggest accomplishment in 2020 is a WAP cameo.
                  I feel like her solo material is so weak, though. The best thing she's done post-Fifth Harmony is "Dancing with a Stranger" (and "Love Lies" was also lovely). She just needs a solid solo song and I think she still has time to take off.
                  Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#5]

Comment

• She's the type of artist who is better when being a part of a band than a solo artist.
                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                    and everything you stand for?
                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I feel like her solo material is so weak, though. The best thing she's done post-Fifth Harmony is "Dancing with a Stranger" (and "Love Lies" was also lovely). She just needs a solid solo song and I think she still has time to take off.
                      She is one of these artists who is hard to brand/market. I agree that she could have a big hit but I don't see her having much of a solo career.
                      I didn't like that Motivation song at all, but I did enjoy both collabs.

Comment

• What are kids listening to these days? Bar maybe 'Blinding Lights', I can't think of anything Kidz Bop-friendly released this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                          What are kids listening to these days? Bar maybe 'Blinding Lights', I can't think of anything Kidz Bop-friendly released this year.
                          Wet Ass Pussy of course.

Comment

• Of course ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I'm just confused by it all - they made such a huge push with Motivation... and then crickets.

Comment

• Can we have a moment to appreciate and recognize Joan Jett (during her prime / when she was young) as one of the most beautiful women that ever stepped in the music industry?

She was beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  I love a good ratchet moment and all but I don’t want the good sis Hejira to be permanently erased from here.
                                  The end of an era. I’ll miss you, good sis! Hopefully we’ll cross paths again someday.
                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                    Beyonce invented Tik Tok with this video....
                                    Except she completely copied another artists project for that video
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I don't understand the Taylor Swift phenomenon. While her latest album is really cool, the rest is a bit basic. Sing about love relationships all the time, meh.
                                      Then you are not that familiar with her discography i guess She has many songs that aren't about love relationships.
                                      You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Same. She is a one trick pony and one dimensional as hell. Even her songwriting - which she gets the most praise for - is very samey and dull.

Let me not even start on her songs pruduction which is weak and unsophisticated as hell. I can only think of Meghan Trainor & Camila as recentish pop girls who have worse productions.

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Except she completely copied another artists project for that video
                                          Not for the TikTok part Tifan is talking about.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Aw cry about it and then stream this:

But fr are we still complaining about Taylor Swift "only writing about relationships"? In 2020? Wtf...
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Dua's entire album is about a relationship, an ex relationship, wanting to start a relationships or sex.
                                              Future Nostalgia is about her being a female boss. She doesn't exactly vary her themes either.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                Dua's entire album is about a relationship, an ex relationship, wanting to start a relationships or sex.
                                                Future Nostalgia is about her being a female boss. She doesn't exactly vary her themes either.
                                                Boys Will Be Boys is about calling out patriarchy.

Just by having songs that are about sex, feminine power & calling out society makes FN more versed than Taylor's discography.

I still can't believe she doesn't have songs about sex. I guess her core fanbase (10-13 yo girls) is not ready for those kinda themes yet
                                                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Boys Will Be Boys is about calling out patriarchy.

Just by having songs that are about sex, feminine power & calling out society makes FN more versed than Taylor's discography.

I still can't believe she doesn't have songs about sex. I guess her core fanbase (10-13 yo girls) is not ready for those kinda themes yet
                                                  I deleted that woeful song after one listen.

Well she had False God from Lover which was pretty risque lyrically for Taylor. Comparing her hips to an altar. I was SHOOK. But one could argue she is being responsible, she knows a lot of young kids listen to her, so it is probably best she doesn't include lyrics about getting pounded in her WAP and such

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                    Aw cry about it and then stream this:

But fr are we still complaining about Taylor Swift "only writing about relationships"? In 2020? Wtf...
                                                    Making a victim of yourself is embarrassing to say the least.
                                                    And what were you trying to prove? The song sounds like from 2010.

Kanye (though I think his sanity is... unstable) is eating Taylor musically, in every way.
                                                    She is one of the safest stars I have ever known. Not my cup of tea, I prefer artists who don't cry because they haven't been nominated for a Grammy.

Bts, singing about lgbt in 2019 or being anti-trump are not brave deeds.
                                                    Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

Working...
                                                    X