Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Well she had False God from Lover which was pretty risque lyrically for Taylor. Comparing her hips to an altar. I was SHOOK. But one could argue she is being responsible, she knows a lot of young kids listen to her, so it is probably best she doesn't include lyrics about getting pounded in her WAP and such
    That makes no sense & is inauthentic for someone who is known to have been pounded in her WAP by half the entertainment industrih

    At least own up to it and sing about how much you love the dique gworl. Maybe then I would also like her if she was authentic and real.
    Last edited by aRat; Thu September 17, 2020, 23:35.
    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
    98 - OUT

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aRat View Post

      That makes no sense & is inauthentic for someone who is known to have been pounded in her WAP by half the entertainment industrih

      At least own up to it and sing about how much you love the dique gworl. Maybe then I would also like her a bit.
      Lmao
      Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aRat View Post

        That makes no sense & is inauthentic for someone who is known to have been pounded in her WAP by half the entertainment industrih

        At least own up to it and sing about how much you love the dique gworl. Maybe then I would also like her a bit.
        I disagrih, who she gets pounded by is her own business and she is under no obligation to sing about that lol.

        Comment


        • Agreed, Taylor Swift is incredibly talented, successful and has got a nice and humble personality. She can't be liked by everybody, but that's OK. I doubt anyone of us is.
          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
          and everything you stand for?
          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
          just to tell you that I see more?

          Comment


          • I completely forgot about this smash on Lover, so catchy.

            " I think he knows"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              I disagrih, who she gets pounded by is her own business and she is under no obligation to sing about that lol.
              Ofc she is not obliged to do anything I am just trying to give her other ideas other than "my ex is to blame for everything" which she has dragged for 8 entrie albums
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

              Comment


              • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                Ofc she is not obliged to do anything I am just trying to give her other ideas other than "my ex is to blame for everything" which she has dragged for 8 entrie albums
                She took the blame for something in one song on Lover. Or maybe it was reputation. Don't remember which song. Again I was SHOOK. Thought I was hearing things.

                Also I quite like Folklore lyrically. I listend to it when I was walking on a cliff edge with waves crashing and wind blowing and I really connected to it. She did good.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                  Boys Will Be Boys is about calling out patriarchy.

                  Just by having songs that are about sex, feminine power & calling out society makes FN more versed than Taylor's discography.

                  I still can't believe she doesn't have songs about sex. I guess her core fanbase (10-13 yo girls) is not ready for those kinda themes yet
                  The Man exists. Tay Tay has done that too.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                    Making a victim of yourself is embarrassing to say the least.
                    And what were you trying to prove? The song sounds like from 2010.
                    Sexually assaulted, being humiliated on stage in front of millions of people, having your private conversations with someone on the phone edited and then posted to millions of people so you look like a liar, being bodyshamed for being too skinny and then being bodyshamed for gaining weight while you’re struggling with bulimia, having other artists trying to take credit for your success, having misogynistic pieces of crap constantly making fun of you for singing about love and being in "many" relationships when a) there’s countless artists who sing about love and only about love and b) it’s no one's business but her own in how many relationships she is and then having a manager with a superiority complex buy your entire discography who then threatens that he won’t let you perform your own music that you wrote if you don’t shut up about the situation...

                    I could go on. Like it or not but Taylor is a victim. Look up the definition of a victim maybe you can delete that trash post then. Stop pushing the false, misogynistic and outdated 2016 narrative that she is "playing" the victim. You're an adult so act like it too.

                    At the end of the day Taylor's outstanding success, her fans and the critical acclaim she's getting prove that she’s clearly doing something right and brainless haters can keep crying about that. Suck it up.
                    Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri September 18, 2020, 00:04.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                    Comment


                    • Long essays that explain nothing. Let's skip the rhetoric that Taylor is so good, everyone is bad. She wasn't just having a problem with Kanye. Such an opinion does not come from nowhere. I don't care about her private life, her music is not for me. I think she's a basic af, and I've heard all of her albums and don't understand its phenomenon. I don't know her and neither do you, but to me she's just fake. Singing about the same is boring, she's always late for hard, serious problems. Safe to play, so no wonder it's commercially at the top.
                      Calling someone a hater because they don't agree with you is stupid.
                      Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

                      Comment


                      • Gladys is pushing 80 and she sounds better than anyone younger than her....
                        Diva!!!

                        Comment


                        • So much new music lately, it's non stop !
                          New Alicia album on, new JB coming soon and new Mariah too.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                            Long essays that explain nothing. Let's skip the rhetoric that Taylor is so good, everyone is bad. She wasn't just having a problem with Kanye. Such an opinion does not come from nowhere. I don't care about her private life, her music is not for me. I think she's a basic af, and I've heard all of her albums and don't understand its phenomenon. I don't know her and neither do you, but to me she's just fake. Singing about the same is boring, she's always late for hard, serious problems. Safe to play, so no wonder it's commercially at the top.
                            Calling someone a hater because they don't agree with you is stupid.
                            I disagree, i don't think she is playing it that safe imho. And she doesn't sing about the same things all the time.
                            You drew stars around my scars

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                              she doesn't sing
                              .


                              Comment




                              • Her best song is about Sex though. The Altar is my hips

                                And Reputation era and folklore were definitly not playing it safe imo. Not huge risks but others would definitely have followed up 1989 with a rehash. Releasing an album like folklore in the streaming age which heavily relies on individual hits is a risk too. Most of her music is not for me and I agree it's often noticble which audience she tries to cater to but she has earned a place in music. Her being the best selling artist of the century isn't really on par with the material though imo but if people enjoy then so be it.
                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                  Long essays that explain nothing. Let's skip the rhetoric that Taylor is so good, everyone is bad. She wasn't just having a problem with Kanye. Such an opinion does not come from nowhere. I don't care about her private life, her music is not for me. I think she's a basic af, and I've heard all of her albums and don't understand its phenomenon. I don't know her and neither do you, but to me she's just fake. Singing about the same is boring, she's always late for hard, serious problems. Safe to play, so no wonder it's commercially at the top.
                                  Calling someone a hater because they don't agree with you is stupid.
                                  Tea, tea and more tea.
                                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                  98 - OUT

                                  Comment


                                  • aRatchet, you know this? Was #3 in your hole, released by one of the most important and influential black women of all time.
                                    Last edited by Goldmoney; Fri September 18, 2020, 12:27.
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

                                    GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                    Comment


                                    • ^^ not really

                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                        Long essays that explain nothing. Let's skip the rhetoric that Taylor is so good, everyone is bad. She wasn't just having a problem with Kanye. Such an opinion does not come from nowhere. I don't care about her private life, her music is not for me. I think she's a basic af, and I've heard all of her albums and don't understand its phenomenon. I don't know her and neither do you, but to me she's just fake. Singing about the same is boring, she's always late for hard, serious problems. Safe to play, so no wonder it's commercially at the top.
                                        Calling someone a hater because they don't agree with you is stupid.
                                        I know you value Grammys so much, they’re very important to you ... and based on that Taylor Swift has 10 Grammys (2 Albums Of The Year included) so I don’t know why you’re downplaying her so much .. it basically goes against your beliefs to question such a Grammy awarded artist.
                                        Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri September 18, 2020, 15:37.
                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                          I know you value Grammys so much, they’re very important to you ... and based on that Taylor Swift has 10 Grammys (2 Albums Of The Year included) so I don’t know why you’re downplaying her so much .. it basically goes against your beliefs to question such a Grammy awarded artist.
                                          I don't downplaying her at all lol. She is one of the best selling artists of all time, I don't understand her phenomenon. Her music does not go beyond the safe zone at all, she is an average singer, her lyrics are on a good level, but the topics she writes about are banal af.
                                          As I wrote before, mistakes do happen. The fact that she won with Kendrick is something abnormal for me. Katy Perry might as well have won, because their albums are no different. (TD - 1989, Reputation, Lover, Red) Typical songs for the radio. The tastes are different, I understand that. But 1989 album of the year? Maybe at the Billboard Awards (because that's where sales count), but at the Grammy? Nah

                                          Her country side is interesting, but again - nothing surprises me like Dolly Parton in this genre.
                                          Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri September 18, 2020, 16:03.
                                          Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                            I don't downplaying her at all lol. She is one of the best selling artists of all time, I don't understand her phenomenon. Her music does not go beyond the safe zone at all, she is an average singer, her lyrics are on a good level, but the topics she writes about are banal af.
                                            As I wrote before, mistakes do happen. The fact that she won with Kendrick is something abnormal for me. Katy Perry might as well have won, because their albums are no different. (TD - 1989, Reputation, Lover, Red) Typical songs for the radio. The tastes are different, I understand that. But 1989 album of the year? Maybe at the Billboard Awards (because that's where sales count), but at the Grammy? Nah

                                            Her country side is interesting, but again - nothing surprises me like Dolly Parton in this genre.
                                            You always use Grammys to validate the importance of an artist BUT suddenly the Grammys made a mistake when it’s all about an artist you don’t like? Can anyone be more biased?

                                            Just accept the fact that Taylor Swift is a 10-time Grammy Award winning artist (A.K.A = the award ceremony you admire the most) .. and guess what? She’s basically critically acclaimed too (her lowest score on Metacritic is 71/100)

                                            - Fearless - 73/100
                                            - Speak Now - 77/100
                                            - Red - 77/100
                                            - 1989 - 76/100
                                            - Reputation - 71/100
                                            - Lovers - 79/100
                                            - Folklore - 88/100

                                            Even outside the Grammys the critics like her.

                                            So yep, not only she’s one of the best selling female artists of all time but she’s also one of the Grammys and critics most liked female mainstream artists out there.
                                            Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri September 18, 2020, 16:31.
                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                            Comment


                                            • Don't forget her personality: She's humble, cares about charity and is happy when it's other people's time to shine instead of being jealous and desperate about putting herself first - not a given in the entertainment industry.
                                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                              and everything you stand for?
                                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                              just to tell you that I see more?

                                              Comment


                                              • How biased? Apparently the critics liked the album but not me and I think she is overrated. Because unlike you, I rely on MY opinion, not someone else's.
                                                Besides, what do you want to prove? After all, I am not writing that she is not a 10-time Grammy winner. Yes, she won so many awards - cool, but in my opinion, she shouldn't have won that many. MY
                                                You're too predictable because I knew you'd write something about metacritics.
                                                Selena Gomez is more "acclaimed" than Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera by your logic, which is nonsense and you don't need any receipts to agree with me.
                                                Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri September 18, 2020, 16:44.
                                                Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

                                                Comment


                                                • Of her generation, only Rihanna is interesting for me (I will emphasize that you bear that in mind). Anti> their careers. The album ages like the best wine.

                                                  You don't have to agree with anyone, and consider any criticism as hate. I have already given my opinion on why I think she is overrated. Constructive opinion is not hate. (I wouldn't call a constructive opinion on what you write about Christina. All this 'defense' is hypocrisy on your part - but I guess everyone in here can see that you are a hypocrite)
                                                  Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                    ^^ not really
                                                    Ok but you have to know this, right? One of the most iconik female chocolate recordings ever!

                                                    A #7 in your hole.
                                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

                                                    GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X