Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I don’t see the big deal with it.
    You can say you don't think it is a big deal without acting as if there were 5 vocalists in a studio harmonizing with Britney and Paula to create their choruses/ pre choruses/ high notes. I just find it very hypocritical and unfair that JLO is vilified universally for that while others do it just as much, while never even attempting to sing the songs live.
    JLO was even singing completely live back in 2001 and didn't miss a note.

I just do not like the double standards.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

You can say you don't think it is a big deal without acting as if there were 5 vocalists in a studio harmonizing with Britney and Paula to create their choruses/ pre choruses/ high notes. I just find it very hypocritical and unfair that JLO is vilified universally for that while others do it just as much, while never even attempting to sing the songs live.

The problem people see with J.Lo (and probably the main difference with Britney) is that J.Lo has done that with nearly every song of her career (“If You Had My Love”, “Waiting For Tonight”, “Let’s Get Loud”, “Love Don’t Cost A Thing”, “Play”, “Ain’t It Funny”, “I’m Real”, “Jenny From The Block”, “Get Right”, “Ain’t Your Mama” , etc, etc) ... all of her hits basically, she even has #1 songs that she didn’t even sing a note like “Ain’t It Funny” or “I’m Real” who are sung from start to finish by Ashanti.

Britney is no saint, and “Britney Jean” was a mess but she has dozens of singles and songs where she sang everything like: “Baby One More Time”, “Sometimes”, “You Drive Me Crazy”, “Oops I Did It Again”, “Lucky”, “Stronger”, “I’m A Slave 4 U”, “Overprotected”, “I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman”, “Everytime”, “My Prerogative”, “Gimme More”, etc, etc ... Britney very rarely did what J.Lo did.

As for demos being given .. that’s how the pop industry has been working in the 21st century. Toxic wasn’t even a Britney demo to begin with, it was a Kylie Minogue demo. Every popstar receives demos constantly and then they record the ones they pick.
      Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed October 7, 2020, 02:14.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• This is why people are harder on J Lo....

On the 6:
        If You Had My Love: Shawnyette Harrell, Jennifer Karr
        Should've Never: Shawnyette Harrell, Jennifer Karr, Rene Toledo
        Too Late: Shawnyette Harrell, Kim Travis, Rene Toledo
        Feelin' So Good: Jennifer Karr
        Could This Be Love: Angie Chirino, Manny Lopez
        No Me Ames: Lena Pérez
        Waiting for Tonight: Margret Dorn, Rita Quintero, Maria Christiansen, Jane Barrett, Wendy Peterson
        Open Off My Love: Tracy Reid, Kyra Lawrence
        It's Not that Serious: Shawnyette Harrell, Jennifer Karr
        Talk About Us: Jennifer Karr
        Una Noche Más: Wendy Peterson, Rita Quintero
        Nails: Donna Allen

J. Lo:
        I'm Real: Shelene Thomas
        Play: Christina Millian
        Walking on Sunshine: Karen Anderson, Adonis Shropshire
        Ain't it Funny: Rene Toledo, Shelene Thomas
        Cariño: Shelene Thomas
        Come Over: Michelle Bell, Karen Anderson
        We Gotta Talk: Shelene Thomas
        That's Not Me: Kandice Love
        Dance With Me: Karen Anderson
        Secretly: Shelene Thomas
        I'm Gonna Be Alright: Shelene Thomas
        That's the Way: Shelene Thomas, Nora Payne
        Dame (Touch Me): Jeannie Cruz, Lena Pérez
        Si Ya Se Acabo: Jeannie Cruz, Lena Pérez
        I'm Real (Murder Remix): Ashanti

This Is Me...Then
        Still: LaKindra Pierce
        Loving You: Natasha Ramos
        I'm Glad: Natasha Ramos
        The One: Shelene Thomas, Rene Toledo
        All I Have: Makeba Riddick
        Jenny from the Block: Natasha Ramos
        You Belong to Me: Rene Toledo, Tavia Ivey, Kamil Rustam
        I've Been Thinkin': Shelene Thomas, Rene Toledo
        Baby I Love U: Shelene Thomas, Natasha Ramos
        The One (Version 2): Shelene Thomas, Rene Toledo
        It''s not just a couple of songs, but literally her first three albums. This is NOT the case with Britney whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
          This is why people are harder on J Lo....

It''s not just a couple of songs, but literally her first three albums. This is NOT the case with Britney whatsoever.
          Exactly ... everyone knows Britney recorded until the last whisper and minimal background spoken word on “I’m A slave 4 U” for example.

Most of her songs are that way, “Everytime” from start to finish Britney.

J.Lo just abused the industry and none of the singles she did were even sung by her .. one could understand that happening with two songs or a few here and there but basically ALL of them?
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Closing this thread for a moment to review whatever mess is in here.
            ---
            EDIT: OK, I have moved the series of posts. Infractions have been given.

Again, this is a reminder that if you have a problem with a poster, flag the post. Don't double down either by posting equally trolling comments or, for the love of everything holy, by stooping to personal attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
              This is why people are harder on J Lo....

JLO is still singing lead on those songs.Those other singers just do the backgrounds, they are not singing the lead. And Britney has the same on her albums. I can easily pull the credits and post a list of background singers from her albums not to mention the one she barely sang on at all.
              Last edited by InFamous; Wed October 7, 2020, 13:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The problem people see with J.Lo (and probably the main difference with Britney) is that J.Lo has done that with nearly every song of her career (“If You Had My Love”, “Waiting For Tonight”, “Let’s Get Loud”, “Love Don’t Cost A Thing”, “Play”, “Ain’t It Funny”, “I’m Real”, “Jenny From The Block”, “Get Right”, “Ain’t Your Mama” , etc, etc) ... all of her hits basically, she even has #1 songs that she didn’t even sing a note like “Ain’t It Funny” or “I’m Real” who are sung from start to finish by Ashanti.

Britney is no saint, and “Britney Jean” was a mess but she has dozens of singles and songs where she sang everything like: “Baby One More Time”, “Sometimes”, “You Drive Me Crazy”, “Oops I Did It Again”, “Lucky”, “Stronger”, “I’m A Slave 4 U”, “Overprotected”, “I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman”, “Everytime”, “My Prerogative”, “Gimme More”, etc, etc ... Britney very rarely did what J.Lo did.

As for demos being given .. that’s how the pop industry has been working in the 21st century. Toxic wasn’t even a Britney demo to begin with, it was a Kylie Minogue demo. Every popstar receives demos constantly and then they record the ones they pick.
                Those songs are NOT sung from start to finish by Ashanti. Not at all. JLO clearly sings with Ashanti on background duty.

Comment

Tea.
                  Has Mariah, Whitney, Xtina, Celine or Beyonce ever had a case of someone singing for them, or someone dominating their song (in terms of voice)?
                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                    Tea.
                    Has Mariah, Whitney, Xtina, Celine or Beyonce ever had a case of someone singing for them, or someone dominating their song (in terms of voice)?
                    Definitely not.

Comment

• Wait what happened here? What mess did I miss?
                      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Who are you, the musique police?
                        Chile certain artists careers are almost as fradulent as your Diamond rank

Comment

Chile certain artists careers are almost as fradulent as your Diamond rank
                          Huh? Wut iz dat?
                          98 - OUT

Comment

Huh? Wut iz dat?
                            Hover over those red bars and youll see that you are certified Diamond LOL
                            But remember when Wayne gave you like 500k for free one day cos you posted for the 500th time in some thread or something

Comment

Hover over those red bars and youll see that you are certified Diamond LOL
                              But remember when Wayne gave you like 500k for free one day cos you posted for the 500th time in some thread or something
                              What can I say me and my fave Duanal Lipayola have a lot of things in common

Poor you and your 4 x Plat certification though *laughs in Diamond plaque*
                              98 - OUT

Comment

What can I say me and my fave Duanal Lipayola have a lot of things in common

Poor you and your 4 x Plat certification though *laughs in Diamond plaque*
                                Gurl at least my rise has been organique. I started off with a modest Gold placing and gradually picked up stream collecting sales and certificates as my singles smashed. I am waiting on a hot collab coming soon to push me to Diamond.

Comment

• My sister asked a class of 14 year olds about their favorite music. Some of the answers were: "No idea" and "I don't listen to music"...

With all those different genres, with all music to listen to online, you would think everyone listens to music.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    My sister asked a class of 14 year olds about their favorite music. Some of the answers were: "No idea" and "I don't listen to music"...

With all those different genres, with all music to listen to online, you would think everyone listens to music.
                                    It's the absolute same for me. As a teacher... I am in contact with all age groups. And a lot of 7 to 9 graders have 0 interest in music. Well, you'll always find the one odd outsider kid who listens to music... and a bunch of rap fans... however nobody we discuss on Ukmix is actually popular outside of stan culture.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Which reminds me... I bought my first album in 1994... and me, too, was the only person I knew who was even remotely interested in music. It stayed that way until.. 10th grade or so.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        Which reminds me... I bought my first album in 1994... and me, too, was the only person I knew who was even remotely interested in music. It stayed that way until.. 10th grade or so.
                                        I was a teenager in the 80s and lots of class mates listened to music.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I can totally see Dua singing this. IT kinda fits easily onto FN sonically.

Comment

• A gospel song

Comment

• This should've been huge

Comment

• aRat when is pretty please being released as a single?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                  A gospel song

Yesss! An underrated BOP!
                                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                    aRat when is pretty please being released as a single?
                                                    Never I fear
                                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Working...
                                                    X