Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    A album doesn't even make it past its 2nd or 3rd single now. I wish people just start releasing singles every 4-6 months. Album are only beneficial for new artists to build enough material to tour. But the OGs don't have to release full length anymore imo.
    Yeah the tendency is to release just singles or release albums in quick succession which often are 90% filler ( Drake & other mumble rappers for example).
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

• POP girls should look at Mariah Carey and release short albums instead of super long albums. Short album (9-10 tracks) with every single song being a bop. That's what The Prophet of Music aka Kween aka The Songbird Supreme is teaching us.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

No. TUN was her first No.1. Did so in 5 days, basically with only sales and on demand streaming. 7 weeks at the top while none of her other hits could get near that. Had the highest streaming week ever for a female when the mv was released.
        She already had big hype once 7 Rings dropped. Yeah it was the perfect move but TUN is what brought her there.
        Yet

7 Rings - 1.25B Spotify streams
        No Thank You, Next - 1.1B Spotify streams

Currently

7 Rings #141
        No Thank You, Next #OUT

98 - OUT

Comment

aRat tell your fave to remix this with yonce. I can already hear B on the chorus

Give it up deelishis, Pretty Please is never getting a release.

Have you heard the leaked FN outtake called Secrets? It's also a midtempo bop like Pretty Please.
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            POP girls should look at Mariah Carey and release short albums instead of super long albums. Short album (9-10 tracks) with every single song being a bop. That's what The Prophet of Music aka Kween aka The Songbird Supreme is teaching us.
            No one is paying attention though
            98 - OUT

Comment

A album doesn't even make it past its 2nd or 3rd single now. I wish people just start releasing singles every 4-6 months. Album are only beneficial for new artists to build enough material to tour. But the OGs don't have to release full length anymore imo.
              This is already happening in kpop, groups still release full albums from time to time, but they mostly release mini-albums with like 5 tracks every few months.

Comment

• Quality above quantity.

but 6 years off is too long
                Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Yet

7 Rings - 1.25B Spotify streams
                  No Thank You, Next - 1.1B Spotify streams

Currently

7 Rings #141
                  No Thank You, Next #OUT

Yea but 7 Rings followed the trendy streaming sound, while Thank U Next carved a lane of its own and sounded like nothing that had ever been a smash hit before. So definitely TUN did it after what was already a Mega successful era for her.
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• 7 Rings was bigger but TUN is what elevated her carreer to new hights.
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• But isn't Billie a bigger streamer than Ari?
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                        But isn't Billie a bigger streamer than Ari?
                        Nope Ariana has a comfortable lead on her with her 19B+ streams while Billie is at 13.5B+ streams.

98 - OUT

Comment

Give it up deelishis, Pretty Please is never getting a release.

Have you heard the leaked FN outtake called Secrets? It's also a midtempo bop like Pretty Please.
                          I think I've heard it. How dare you compare that to pretty please (Dua's best song)

Comment

Nope Ariana has a comfortable lead on her with her 19B+ streams while Billie is at 13.5B+ streams.
                            Well Billie has released one album though and an EP/mixtape. two standalone singles. No features

Ariana has 5 albums, christmas EPs, live album, standalone singles and many features in her total.

But yeah at this rate I doubt Billie will be able to catch up. Rih is out of the game too
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

This is already happening in kpop, groups still release full albums from time to time, but they mostly release mini-albums with like 5 tracks every few months.
                              Like who wants a 14-18 track album in 2020? most people can't make a great long album no matter how many years they work on it. A album with 18 tracks will have at least 12 fillers. Lol

Comment

• BeeBoy how you feel about a b & ariana collab?

Comment

• Both “Thank U, Next” and “7 Ringz” are stunning pop songs. But yeah ... TUN was the game-changer and the one that took Ariana to the next level, 7R was slightly bigger but that one just followed all the elevation TUN had done for Ariana first.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Well Billie has released one album though and an EP/mixtape. two standalone singles. No features

Ariana has 5 albums, christmas EPs, live album, standalone singles and many features in her total.

But yeah at this rate I doubt Billie will be able to catch up. Rih is out of the game too
                                    Rihanna is eventually going to get overtaken if she keeps on not releasing new music. Sure her catalog has good recurrent numbers but nowhere good enough to keep up with new pop girls who release smash albums every year.
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Rihanna is eventually going to get overtaken if she keeps on not releasing new music. Sure her catalog has good recurrent numbers but nowhere good enough to keep up with new pop girls who release smash albums every year.
                                      Rihanna will always be the Top girl from her generation but IMO she’s kind of an old thing among the new girls and new generation now. People already have Ariana, Dua and Billie and she can’t compete or keep up with that.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Rihanna is the 2nd best selling female artist of all time. With hits across the globe. Y'all think she cares about some streaming numbers that can be manipulated?

Comment

Yeah but Billie only has one album and an EP. So how can you really compare that. Ariana has far more output.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

No. TUN was her first No.1. Did so in 5 days, basically with only sales and on demand streaming. 7 weeks at the top while none of her other hits could get near that. Had the highest streaming week ever for a female when the mv was released.
                                            She already had big hype once 7 Rings dropped. Yeah it was the perfect move but TUN is what brought her there.
                                            Wasn't TUN also Christmas number one in 2019 if i remember correctly ?
                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yeah but Billie only has one album and an EP. So how can you really compare that. Ariana has far more output.
                                              Ok and? I was just answering DLover's question. Ariana does have way more strihms
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• He asked if Billie isn't a bigger streamer and technically she is
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Rihanna is the 2nd best selling female artist of all time. With hits across the globe. Y'all think she cares about some streaming numbers that can be manipulated?
                                                  She should care about releasing musique though
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

BeeBoy how you feel about a b & ariana collab?

I actually believe in the Adele x B collab more though to be honest
                                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Working...
                                                    X