Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    He asked if Billie isn't a bigger streamer and technically she is
    If you look at average strihms per song / album maybe but Ariana's cumulative strihming total is just much bigger.

I consider cumulative totals to be a better measure than averages.
    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
    98 - OUT

Comment

• If you have one popular act with 20 songs and another popular act with 100 songs, it would like take about five times as long to stream all of the second act's music. That first act can get five times the number of streams in that time. Today's math lesson from cheapthrills.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Ok and? I was just answering DLover's question. Ariana does have way more strihms
        Chill baby girl it's not that important.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          POP girls should look at Mariah Carey and release short albums instead of super long albums. Short album (9-10 tracks) with every single song being a bop. That's what The Prophet of Music aka Kween aka The Songbird Supreme is teaching us.
          Didn't Caution take over 2 years to pass 100 million streams on Spotify though? Maybe Mariah would have benefitted from an extra track or five?

Personally I think 12 tracks is a nice number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
            A album doesn't even make it past its 2nd or 3rd single now. I wish people just start releasing singles every 4-6 months. Album are only beneficial for new artists to build enough material to tour. But the OGs don't have to release full length anymore imo.
            Singles are trailers essentially. Would you rather get a trailer every few months or have the whole movie? Besides, some songs don't work as singles. I currently listen to Madonna's 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' and how would some of those songs work in an isolated way? 'Isaac' would never work as a single on its own. As part of the album though, totally different story...
            When it comes to some albums, the singles released before the album get my least attention. I mean, I've already heard them often, why still bother with them when some of the album tracks are the hidden gems?
            Pro: freedom of speech
            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              If you have one popular act with 20 songs and another popular act with 100 songs, it would like take about five times as long to stream all of the second act's music. That first act can get five times the number of streams in that time. Today's math lesson from cheapthrills.
              That makes zero sense to be honest. Doesn't matter if one song is streamed 100 times or 100 songs are streamed once each. It will still take the same amount of time to do both things.
              Also 5 streams for 20 songs or one stream for 100 songs is still 100 streams..

Seeing as Ariana's music was on streaming platforms years before Billie even released a song it's not surprising she has more total streams than Billie. What would be more pertinent to compare would be the streams of their last album or last single. But I don't really care tbh.
              Last edited by InFamous; Thu October 15, 2020, 16:56.

Comment

• Cumulative total streams is what determines who is the most successful streaming act.

It’s cool if Billie has a higher average with less releases but claiming she is bigger than Ariana (in that area) because of that is wrong.

That is basically the same like saying back in 1996 that Alanis Morissette was more successful than Madonna just because she was selling a sh*tload more and having better sales average than her during that time .. and yeah at that specific moment Alanis was doing better but still (thanks to cumulative sales total) Madonna was the most successful female act.

Ariana is a bigger streaming act than Billie. Period.
                Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu October 15, 2020, 16:58.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                  If you have one popular act with 20 songs and another popular act with 100 songs, it would like take about five times as long to stream all of the second act's music. That first act can get five times the number of streams in that time. Today's math lesson from cheapthrills.
                  Which makes zero sense Both of them can get the same amount of streams in the same time. Or do you mean streaming numbers per song?

if you have one act with 20 songs and 13,5 b streams and one act with 100 songs and 19b streams it still means that interest by different people in every song of yours is higher. On top of that comes the fact that the second artist released these songs during 7 years, while the other accumulated them in a much shorter period of time. Arguably streaming is growing day by day but both of them are heavily active atm.
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                    Cumulative total streams is what determines who is the most successful streaming act.

It’s cool if Billie has a higher average with less releases but claiming she is bigger than Ariana (in that area) because of that is wrong.

That is basically the same like saying back in 1996 that Alanis Morissette was more successful than Madonna just because she was selling a sh*tload more and having better sales average than her during that time .. and yeah at that specific moment Alanis was doing better but still (thanks to cumulative sales total) Madonna was the most successful female act.

Ariana is a bigger streaming act than Billie. Period.
                    She is but if we talk about the fact in what time both of them accumulated these streams it's clear that Billie easily has the potential to overtake. As did have Alanis. If Billie falls off next era it's over for her of course but the most popular female streaming act of the past 2 years is Billie. Look the numbers they did during that time period.
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Apparently, my math lesson needs to be explained. My point was regarding average stream per song. In my example, someone could say that Artist A's songs by average are streamed five times more than Artist B's one stream per song.

Comment

• Billie is a fad anyway I fear. Can't see her "edgy moody eccentric teen" gimmick lasting her much longer. Her only hope for longevity is to popstitutize her image without alienating or throwing off the GP.

Arianal & Duanal will easily outlast her. Sex & Beauty always win.
                        Last edited by aRat; Thu October 15, 2020, 18:07.
                        98 - OUT

Comment

Billie is a fad anyway I fear. Can't see her "edgy moody eccentric teen" gimmick lasting her much longer. Her only hope for longevity is to popstitutize her image without alienating or throwing off the GP.

I get what you're saying but Adele lasted three albums without ever catering to that. She has a totally different image but she has great catalogue streams regardless. Breaking streaming records with Hello at the time.

That being said No Time To Die and My Future's performance is worrying.

^you leave out the fact though that on average you need to attract a higher amount of listeners with less tracks available. It's also always considered to be more impressive to have high streaming numbers for albums with less tracks (e.g. Future Nostalgia). There is a reason why there is a tendency to have more tracks per album (look at Drake or Chris Brown) The average listener doesn't loop your album. They want to check it out once maybe twice and keep a couple of tracks. Therefore it's easier to accumulate streams with more tracks.
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

I get what you're saying but Adele lasted three albums without ever catering to that. She has a totally different image but she has great catalogue streams regardless. Breaking streaming records with Hello at the time.
                            Billie will have to think about something if she doesn’t want to turn into a fad in a few years though.

The thing with Adele is that she started her image and career as an adult from day 1 (even though she was very young, 19 at the time, still her music and image were mature and she never played the teen star game).

Billie on the other hand did pull the teen star card (in her case, the outcast weird eccentric teen = the “Daria” teen) and when you base your image and career as a teen idol that doesn’t last forever, you’ll soon find in a position where you’ll have to make the transition into an adult star and that’s the hard part, that’s the “make or break” moment for many teen idols once they grow up.

I think Billie will come up with it nicely and her transition will succeed though.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Billie is a fad anyway I fear. Can't see her "edgy moody eccentric teen" gimmick lasting her much longer. Her only hope for longevity is to popstitutize her image without alienating or throwing off the GP.

Dua won't have longevity either.. She will last as long as Katy at absolutely best.

Comment

• Dua Lipa is only 25 years old, she has plenty of time to score more hits and grow.

Comment

• Ashlee Simpson had time too. Doesn't mean she will

Comment

• Ashlee Simpson was always panned, never praised. Did people ever see future for her? Of course not. She was just a reality TV star who recorded some (really bad) songs and that’s it.

Dua Lipa is doing serious business, very successful, critically acclaimed and won 2 Grammy Awards already. There’s definitely more opportunities for her.

Comment

Dua Lipa is only 25 years old, she has plenty of time to score more hits and grow.
                                      she only has 5 more years then.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

she only has 5 more years then.
                                        I see 35 as the limit these days (for most girls, exceptions could apply).

Not to mention Gaga and Taylor already proved this year that they can still have success as women in their 30s.

Comment

I see 35 as the limit these days (for most girls, exceptions could apply).

Not to mention Gaga and Taylor already proved this year that they can still have success as women in their 30s.
                                          I believe that Gaga and Tay benefit from belonging to a different generation. Artists who are relatively new in this day and age do not have a lot of time, careers get shorter and shorter.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• The Future Nostalgia era will be the peak of Dua's career. Period.

Comment

• A peak doesn’t mean the end though.

“True Blue” was Madonna’s commercial peak with 22 million copies sold worldwide, three #1 hit singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and five Top 5 hits overall. The album was a massive global phenomenon and Madonna could never replicate that level of success again with another studio album but that still didn’t prevent her from keep going with success and acclaim during her career and even releasing albums like ROL and COADF way after her peak.

Rihanna’s peak was “Good Girl Gone Bad” and she kept doing her thing, getting hits and doing good for years.

If FN is Dua’s peak it doesn’t mean it’ll be the end for her.

Comment

Dua Lipa is only 25 years old, she has plenty of time to score more hits and grow.
                                                Waiit i always thought Dua was a few years older

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

Waiit i always thought Dua was a few years older
                                                  I still cant believe Ariana is 27 !!

Rihanna must be nearly 40 at this stage

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Dua won't have longevity either.. She will last as long as Katy at absolutely best.
                                                    We already had that talk and didn't we almost agree that Dua is too acclaimed to end up like Miss Hudson?
                                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Working...
                                                    X