Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    A peak doesn’t mean the end though.

    “True Blue” was Madonna’s commercial peak with 22 million copies sold worldwide, three #1 hit singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and five Top 5 hits overall. The album was a massive global phenomenon and Madonna could never replicate that level of success again with another studio album but that still didn’t prevent her from keep going with success and acclaim during her career and even releasing albums like ROL and COADF way after her peak.

    Rihanna’s peak was “Good Girl Gone Bad” and she kept doing her thing, getting hits and doing good for years.

    If FN is Dua’s peak it doesn’t mean it’ll be the end for her.
    I don't even think FN is her peak era. She still feels like she is building up and growing bigger. I think her commercial peak will be her third album similar to Madonna / Rihanna.
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aRat View Post

      We already had that talk and didn't we almost agree that Dua is too acclaimed to end up like Miss Hudson?
      I don't recall agreeing to any such thing
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aRat View Post

        I don't even think FN is her peak era. She still feels like she is building up and growing bigger. I think her commercial peak will be her third album similar to Madonna / Rihanna.
        What do you think she will do next era ? FN 2 or change of sound ?
        Lost in your light Dua is still my favourite sound from her. That is one trump card she has over other more basic pop girls in that she actually can sing live and perform live and does have a hand in writing her stuff as opposed to just pretending she does.

        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

          she only has 5 more years then.
          only if her beauty fades but that won't be the case

          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
          98 - OUT

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

            What do you think she will do next era ? FN 2 or change of sound ?
            Lost in your light Dua is still my favourite sound from her. That is one trump card she has over other more basic pop girls in that she actually can sing live and perform live and does have a hand in writing her stuff as opposed to just pretending she does.

            I want her to either do a Psychedelic Pop record (I feel that she would absolutely slay that genre as her productions tend to be overcrowded and overproduced anyway) or an R&B / Soul record similar to Back To Black but with more dance pop elements in it.

            I think the direction of FN Side B will set the tone for DL3 similar to how One Kiss & Electricity set the tone for FN.
            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
            98 - OUT

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aRat View Post

              I want her to either do a Psychedelic Pop record (I feel that she would absolutely slay that genre as her productions tend to be overcrowded and overproduced anyway) or an R&B / Soul record similar to Back To Black but with more dance pop elements in it.

              I think the direction of FN Side B will set the tone for DL3 similar to how One Kiss & Electricity set the tone for FN.
              Hopefully we wont get an album full of Good in Bed's or Boys wll be Boys's
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

              Comment


              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                Hopefully we wont get an album full of Good in Bed's or Boys wll be Boys's
                Well THAT would actually cut her career short in an instant
                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                98 - OUT

                Comment


                • The immense talent and potential... I've yet to come across someone else that has a delivery and flow as good. She shouldve been banned from social media right away and maybe she would still have a career

                  Last edited by BeeBoy; Thu October 15, 2020, 21:53.
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                    The immense talent and potential... I've yet to come across someone else that has a delivery and flow as good. She shouldve been banned from social media right away and maybe she would still have a career

                    The best female rapper in the last 15 years? YES
                    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                    Comment


                    • Doja Cat is slaying her performances.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

                      Comment


                      • Azealia was way too socially messy for me to give her any sort of a chance.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Doja Cat is slaying her performances.
                          I'm sure they are all prerecorded. If you are referring to vocals.
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                            I'm sure they are all prerecorded. If you are referring to vocals.
                            = Lipsyncing?
                            Pro: freedom of speech
                            Contra: cancel culture

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                              = Lipsyncing?
                              Dunno exactly but cos of COVID all performances have been done in advance. So they are not "live" .
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

                              Comment


                              • Really? Didn't know that. Isn't there enough distance between the performers and the audience? In my country, we say that everything at least 1.5 metres away is unproblematic.
                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                Contra: cancel culture

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  Really? Didn't know that. Isn't there enough distance between the performers and the audience? In my country, we say that everything at least 1.5 metres away is unproblematic.
                                  You have to bring a lot of people together to do shows, crews, staff, etc etc so most are being done virtually.
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                  Comment


                                  • I see. I'm happy for every live show at the moment and if they come along with limitations in some way... It's better than nothing, I guess.
                                    Pro: freedom of speech
                                    Contra: cancel culture

                                    Comment


                                    • So we're not going to talk about this version of Kiss It Better. Chile, I'm still body-rolling in the mirror.

                                      The best song of ha career!
                                      Diva!!!

                                      Comment


                                      • Such a cool song ! Taylor Dayne

                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

                                        Comment


                                        • Taylor Dane is a VOCALIST!!!
                                          Diva!!!

                                          Comment


                                          • Hhmmm dunno if I find this amazing or ridiculous. Alicia on BBMAs

                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                              Taylor Dane is a VOCALIST!!!
                                              Too true. Listening to one 80/ 90s song and letting the auto play run is a trip. It played Martika, Sade, Paula Abdul, Kim Wilde.
                                              I think I listened to Toy Soldiers ten times in a row lol
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                                Singles are trailers essentially. Would you rather get a trailer every few months or have the whole movie? Besides, some songs don't work as singles. I currently listen to Madonna's 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' and how would some of those songs work in an isolated way? 'Isaac' would never work as a single on its own. As part of the album though, totally different story...
                                                When it comes to some albums, the singles released before the album get my least attention. I mean, I've already heard them often, why still bother with them when some of the album tracks are the hidden gems?
                                                I see what you're saying but very few artists release albums that can be played without skipping. You can't use one great album as a example when most albums suck outside of the singles. Albums are only good for making money. Bundle 4 great songs with 8 underwhelming songs and sell it for 12+ dollars. A scam

                                                Comment


                                                • If the music biz had of focused on making great album in the 90s-2000 and not scamming people into buying albums because singles wasn't that available, illegal downloads probably would've never took off the way it did. People are still willing to pay for music judging by all the premium music streaming accounts there is, but no one wants to be robbed or tricked into buying something terrible.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                    If the music biz had of focused on making great album in the 90s-2000 and not scamming people into buying albums because singles wasn't that available, illegal downloads probably would've never took off the way it did. People are still willing to pay for music judging by all the premium music streaming accounts there is, but no one wants to be robbed or tricked into buying something terrible.
                                                    There were hundreds of GREAT albums in the 90s-2000.

                                                    Many artists released stunning albums during this period (Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Metallica, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Oasis, U2, Alanis Morissette, Pearl Jam, The Verve, Madonna, Moby, Guns N Roses, Aaliyah, Marilyn Manson, Alice In Chains, Eminem, Beck, R.E.M, Michael Jackson, Shakira, The Cranberries, Lenny Kravitz, Sheryl Crow, Björk, etc, etc, etc ... )
                                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X