No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we drag Forbes all the time, but how can they possibly have us to believe that Celine is only worth $455 million and Madonna only worth $550 million??? I wouldn't doubt if they had more than $800 million+ each.
    Last edited by HouseTargaryen; Sat October 17, 2020, 02:53.
    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I do really like one song but I can't remember the name of it and also one of the bonus tracks ( where some norweigan girl sings the chorus)
      But seriously, would you actuallu press play on How I roll or Big fat bass in 2020 ?
      Big Fat Bass is a dated mess. But How I Roll? That was named one of the best songs from the entire 2010's decade by Rolling Stone and it wasn't even a single. It's a bop.

Comment

• More evidence that nothing Rolling Stone says should be taken in any way seriously. A Britney stan obviously works there. No other explanation.

Anyway - this is one of the best songs in history. Toy Soldiers.

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
          Big Fat Bass is a dated mess. But How I Roll? That was named one of the best songs from the entire 2010's decade by Rolling Stone and it wasn't even a single. It's a bop.
          And Rolling Stone also named “Till The World Ends” the 3rd best single of the year in their “50 Best Singles Of 2011” list. “Femme Fatale” fared well critically (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...e-days-167497/)

.. Anyways .. this is IMO FF’s most underrated song (Travis Barker from Blink 182 played drums here):

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Do you guys remember the Britney & Cher peformance that was in the vault?

I can’t believe that between 2001-2003 Brit performed with Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), Michael Jackson, Madonna and had Cher in the line.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Daily reminder that Prince was a musical genius and his discography is UNMATCHED by anyone in history, and never will be.

Real music.

Comment

• Never liked Prince.

As for male solo artists I was always more into Marvin Gaye, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, James Brown, Lenny Kravitz, etc

Comment

• Prince is the blueprint for all artistes. You can hear infleunces of everyone in his songs. He was doing those sexy songs before the likes of Miss Janet ever decided to. Disco, funk, pop, house. He did it ALL and more, and before anyone else.

Comment

• He always bored me and his songs annoyed me. Never liked his music or cared about him.

Also whenever I want to listen to a diva I prefer listening to girls.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                      Looks like Levitating is turning out to another hit for Miss Herpa. That makes 4 hits from FN. The modern day (acclaimed) Teenage Dream?
                      Meh. Dula's 80s disco sound is starting to get old imo. We need her to go urban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Meh. Dula's 80s disco sound is starting to get old imo. We need her to go urban.

This is semi-urban
                        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What's the fourth one in the US ? Are you counting the top 60 peaking Physical as a hit ?
                          The MAGA'd way of only caring about the US. DSN, PhysiGOD, BMH and soon Levitating all are WW hits
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                            I know we drag Forbes all the time, but how can they possibly have us to believe that Celine is only worth $455 million and Madonna only worth $550 million??? I wouldn't doubt if they had more than $800 million+ each.
                            Still won't come near to Rihanna's wealth I fear
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Madonna's art collection alone >>

As for favorite albums,
                              -Mariah : Butterfly, Daydream, Music Box
                              -Janet: The Velvet Rope, All For You, Janet
                              -Christina: Bionic, Stripped, B2B
                              -Britney: In The Zone, (Femme Fatale -though haven't listened to that in a while)
                              -Céline: Let's Talk About Love, Falling Into You
                              -Madonna: Like A Prayer, Music
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                I know we drag Forbes all the time, but how can they possibly have us to believe that Celine is only worth $455 million and Madonna only worth $550 million??? I wouldn't doubt if they had more than $800 million+ each.
                                They don't sell enough undergarments.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  Madonna's art collection alone >>

As for favorite albums,
                                  -Mariah : Butterfly, Daydream, Music Box
                                  -Janet: The Velvet Rope, All For You, Janet
                                  -Christina: Bionic, Stripped, B2B
                                  -Britney: In The Zone, (Femme Fatale -though haven't listened to that in a while)
                                  -Céline: Let's Talk About Love, Falling Into You
                                  -Madonna: Like A Prayer, Music

My favorite Madonna album is Bedtime Stories (and of course Ray of Light).
                                  Bjork-Madonna is a very interesting cooperation.
                                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

This is semi-urban
                                    Dead at that soundling like the Cursed Madonna version of Levitating

I can see why it was unreleased.

Comment

• Miley Cyrus’ just covered Britney’s “Gimme More” for her MTV Unplugged special

classic

Comment

No one needs that kind of money with so much poverty aroud the globe. Awful really.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Amazing to hear it Gimme More live for the first time ever. Miley did a great job on it. She can sing anything.
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Sat October 17, 2020, 13:33.

Comment

• Miley is amazing. She did covers of The Velvet Underground, Pearl Jam and Britney Spears for her MTV Unplugged.

Comment

IS that Katy Perry ? What does she sell LOL
                                              I thought her shoes were a flop.

Oh wait its Kate Hudson not Katy Hudson

Comment

• Didn't even know she had one! Once German artists do an MTV Unplugged, it's basically guaranteed to become a hit around here. I guess the US is not that much into MTV Unplugged.
                                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  Didn't even know she had one! Once German artists do an MTV Unplugged, it's basically guaranteed to become a hit around here. I guess the US is not that much into MTV Unplugged.
                                                  Her MTV unplugged just aired yesterday LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                    Didn't even know she had one! Once German artists do an MTV Unplugged, it's basically guaranteed to become a hit around here. I guess the US is not that much into MTV Unplugged.
                                                    It hasn't been released, it was just a back yard concert. Not everyone who does unplugged actually releases an album, some people just do it for the concert. Miley does not have an Unplugged album release.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X