Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

    Her MTV unplugged just aired yesterday LOL
    Miley did MTV unplugged in 2014, but there was no album released.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

    Comment


    • Thanks for the info, InFamous ! Katy Perry also did one a few years ago, but it ended up being mostly unnoticed. Maybe things would've looked significantly different right after her 'Teenage Dream' era when she even had a movie at the cinema.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

      Comment


      • MTV Unplugged was more of a thing in US back in the early 1990s.

        Eric Clapton’s Unplugged (released in 1992) went Diamond in USA (10x Platinum) and then it was followed by Rod Stewart’s unplugged which went 3x Platinum, Mariah’s went 4x Platinum and Nirvana’s MTV Unplugged in New York went 8x Platinum.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
          No one needs that kind of money with so much poverty aroud the globe. Awful really.
          True! I stan Rih, but not as hard as Marx.

          In a perfect world, Rih makes more money than anyone else on that list, and then the socialists take 95% of that money away from her.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            Thanks for the info, InFamous ! Katy Perry also did one a few years ago, but it ended up being mostly unnoticed. Maybe things would've looked significantly different right after her 'Teenage Dream' era when she even had a movie at the cinema.
            I guess unplugged is not so huge anymore anyway.

            Back in 1992 Mariah made doing Unplugged really popular here.

            Her album was #1 for three weeks and stayed on the charts for an amazing 116 weeks!

            Eric Clapton did even better with 148 weeks.
            My Instagram... - Click here

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              Dead at that soundling like the Cursed Madonna version of Levitating

              I can see why it was unreleased.
              Hm listening too much to Miss Hudson clearly has impacted your taste coz that's a really good song right there babygorl
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

              Comment


              • Phew my new avi slays. Duanal is really a beauty goddess. The most beautiful popgirl since Rihanna I fear
                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                98 - OUT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                  Hm listening too much to Miss Hudson clearly has impacted your taste coz that's a really good song right there babygorl
                  It prob evolved into levitating. The melody in the verses is identical.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    Thanks for the info, InFamous ! Katy Perry also did one a few years ago, but it ended up being mostly unnoticed. Maybe things would've looked significantly different right after her 'Teenage Dream' era when she even had a movie at the cinema.
                    Yet you know about it lol
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      Amazing to hear it Gimme More live for the first time ever. Miley did a great job on it. She can sing anything.
                      Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                      Miley is amazing. She did covers of The Velvet Underground, Pearl Jam and Britney Spears for her MTV Unplugged.
                      Yall better strihm her second official single that drops in a couple of days / weeks then
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                        Yall better strihm her second official single that drops in a couple of days / weeks then
                        Of course I will stream Miley’s new single and her album. Specially after she said her new album is inspired by Metallica, Britney Spears and Trent Reznor (lead vocalist of Nine Inch Nails). Like that’s great for me.

                        ... I definitely will be giving a listen to that (plus I loved “Midnight Sky”).
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                        Comment




                        • Me too, Midnight Sky is dope. And if there's an Xtina vibe on Miley's album, why not.



                          Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                            Miley Cyrus’ just covered Britney’s “Gimme More” for her MTV Unplugged special



                            classic
                            She did such a great job. It's not easy to take a club banger like Gimme More and successfully turn it into a stripped down country-infused version. I love that Britney is the only pop artist she constantly pays tribute to.


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                              She did such a great job. It's not easy to take a club banger like Gimme More and successfully turn it into a stripped down country-infused version. I love that Britney is the only pop artist she constantly pays tribute to.
                              I loved Miley’s acoustic rendition of “Gimme More” ... the only thing that was missing for me was the “It’s Britney Bitch” line .. I think Miley could have said “This is Britney Bitch” at the beginning or something because it just feels weird to hear that song without the “Britney Bitch” line. It’s an essential part of the song

                              It’s like Jennifer Lopez said when they used “Gimme More” last year for the “Hustlers” movie .. she told in an interview that producers were going to use the song without the “Britney Bitch” part and J.Lo told them that there’s no way they can play that song without that line and she made them include the song for the scene with the “It’s Britney Bitch” line on it.

                              At the end they played like half of the song in the movie. I would love to post the scene here but it includes nudity and that would go against the rules.
                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                              Comment


                              • Miley Cyrus is very talented. I feel like she's been under her potential for a while and actually has the ability to record an amazing album that's got the potential to make a 'decade's best' list. To be honest, I would love to hear such an album of hers.
                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                Contra: cancel culture

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  Miley Cyrus is very talented. I feel like she's been under her potential for a while and actually has the ability to record an amazing album that's got the potential to make a 'decade's best' list. To be honest, I would love to hear such an album of hers.
                                  Miley has been doing good musically for a few years now, I liked her “Younger Now” album and era a lot (even though many hated it).

                                  The thing about Miley is that she hasn’t been able to get rid of her Hannah Montana image. Like she’s been trying for years doing all type of things that can put her far away of that image (shocking factor moments, nudity, hip hop music, country image, sexuality, acoustic sessions, etc, etc .. like she’s done it all) but still it’s like Hannah Montana is written all over her face ... every time I listen to her or watch one of her performances I do like them but at the same time I can’t help seeing Hannah Montana trying to run away out of Disney.

                                  And I praise her for doing everything she can to move on from that .. But Hannah Montana is a huge ghost in her career that doesn’t seem easy to overcome. People won’t ever forget Hannah Montana.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                  Comment


                                  • I doubt that. At least where I live, people have moved on from Hanna Montana and see her as Miley now. I can't speak for the US though. Her last three albums received 60-ish/100 ratings on Metacritic. She's got the potential to release a really great one, like 80/100+, though, maybe she needs a new producer or something...
                                    Pro: freedom of speech
                                    Contra: cancel culture

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      I doubt that. At least where I live, people have moved on from Hanna Montana and see her as Miley now. I can't speak for the US though. Her last three albums received 60-ish/100 ratings on Metacritic. She's got the potential to release a really great one, like 80/100+, though, maybe she needs a new producer or something...
                                      “Younger Now” undeservedly received 58/100 on metacritic (it deserved more).
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post


                                        My favorite Madonna album is Bedtime Stories (and of course Ray of Light).
                                        Bjork-Madonna is a very interesting cooperation.
                                        I totally forgot about Bedtime Stories. One of my fave M albums as well.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

                                        Comment


                                        • Miley's personality overshadows her artistry, she's actually one of the most talented female artists of her generation. In a perfect world, Midnight Sky would've been #1 everywhere.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

                                          Comment


                                          • Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz is one of the best albums of the 2010s.

                                            Younger Now is one of the worst albums of the 2010s.
                                            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                            Comment


                                            • I've never even heard a single Hannah Montana song.
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                                I guess unplugged is not so huge anymore anyway.

                                                Back in 1992 Mariah made doing Unplugged really popular here.

                                                Her album was #1 for three weeks and stayed on the charts for an amazing 116 weeks!

                                                Eric Clapton did even better with 148 weeks.
                                                Mariah's Unplugged album was a gigantic success at the time. I love the album as well. It's too short tho, she should have added 2 more songs to it. <3

                                                The Netherlands was the album's biggest market in the world (in terms of success by market share) at the time.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                  The Netherlands was the album's biggest market in the world (in terms of success by market share) at the time.
                                                  Doesn't surprise me. Mariah was extremely popular and lots of people I knew had this CD.

                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                    Mariah's Unplugged album was a gigantic success at the time. I love the album as well. It's too short tho, she should have added 2 more songs to it. <3

                                                    The Netherlands was the album's biggest market in the world (in terms of success by market share) at the time.
                                                    It's actually really an EP, hence why it is subject to different certification rules in the US.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X