Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Why do you want to embarrass Janet?
    Looking at it now . I would definitely remove Mariah as she is not their peer. It would be Janet, madonna, Cyndi Lauper & celine Dion... Mariah is kinda in a tough spot as she is closer to aaliyah & brandy time but no one considers them peers. I say the closest we have is Alanis Morissette

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
      Tchaflopsky only has 4M listeners so he is a bigger flop than Janet
      anyone who has less listeners than Drake or Ed Sheeran are flops.
      Drake and Ed Sheeran are existential flops though.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        kepp her. the real talent of all times is Hans Zimmer. those old hags wish they had his talent.
        Hans Zimmer writes same-y stuff, repetition, he's not on the same level with Arvo Part or Jóhann Jóhannsson

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
          Flopped where exactly? This is going top 10 in the US
          Not yet. And the label has already spent a ton of money on promoting DSN. I mean, just do a chipmunked remix and plug it on TikTok and you have a 20 weeks non-stop #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
            Looking at it now . I would definitely remove Mariah as she is not their peer. It would be Janet, madonna, Cyndi Lauper & celine Dion... Mariah is kinda in a tough spot as she is closer to aaliyah & brandy time but no one considers them peers. I say the closest we have is Alanis Morissette
            Shania Twain debuted in 1992 which is the closest to Mariah.

Mariah's debut in relation to the other acts' debuts:

- 9 years - Céline Dion
            - 8 years - Janet Jackson
            - 7 years - Madonna, Cyndi Lauper
            - 5 years - Whitney Houston
            - 4 years - Glora Estefan

0 - years - Mariah Carey

+ 1 years - Alanis Morissette
            + 2 years - Mary J. Blige
            + 3 years - Shania Twain, Sheryl Crow
            + 4 years - Brandy, Aaliyah
            + 6 years - LeAnn Rimes
            + 9 years - Britney, Christina, J.Lo
            + 11 years - Alicia Keys, Melanie Thornton
            + 13 years - Beyoncé

Mariah is peerless.
            My Chart

Comment

- 9 years - Céline Dion

0 - years - Mariah Carey

+ 6 years - LeAnn Rimes
              + 13 years - Beyoncé

Mariah is peerless.
              Celina debuted before Madonna? What? Why was she such a flop during the 80s? @Wayne
              COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

- 9 years - Céline Dion

0 - years - Mariah Carey

+ 6 years - LeAnn Rimes
                + 13 years - Beyoncé

Mariah is peerless.
                Britney and Xtina both debuted in 1998 though, not 1999. By summer 1998 Xtina released "Reflection" which wasn't much of a hit but still her official debut in music and Britney also released "Baby One More Time" in 1998 and it was already a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 in that same year. So +8 years for both Xtina and Britney. And J.Lo started in music by 1999 but was already in the entertainment business before that.

Shakira is also overlooked but she actually debuted in like 1991 and by 1995 was already a huge star in the hispanic market. Many people consider her a J.Lo, Beyonce, Britney, P!nk and Xtina peer but in reality I see her more as a Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morissette, Shania Twain peer.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  Britney and Xtina both debuted in 1998 though, not 1999. By summer 1998 Xtina released "Reflection" which wasn't much of a hit but still her official debut in music and Britney also released "Baby One More Time" in 1998 and it was already a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 in that same year. So +8 years for both Xtina and Britney. And J.Lo started in music by 1999 but was already in the entertainment business before that.

Shakira is also overlooked but she actually debuted in like 1991 and by 1995 was already a huge star in the hispanic market. Many people consider her a J.Lo, Beyonce, Britney, P!nk and Xtina peer but in reality I see her more as a Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morissette, Shania Twain peer.
                  I had no idea that Shakira was already a superstar in the Hispanic markets! I always thought that her commercial breakthrough was in 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                    I had no idea that Shakira was already a superstar in the Hispanic markets! I always thought that her commercial breakthrough was in 2001
                    Not at all.

Shakira has been a massive stadium superstar for nearly 25 years in Latin America. But since she released her English album in 2001 the foreign markets mistake that for her debut or career start as they didn't know her before.

In fact one of the reasons she was pushed to try the anglo market by releasing an English album was that she was so huge and popular already (in a very exaggerated and out of proportion way) in the hispanic world that her team thoght she might have the potential to take things further and reach new markets with english music, and they were not wrong, it worked.
                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon January 13, 2020, 14:33.
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

- 9 years - Céline Dion

0 - years - Mariah Carey

+ 6 years - LeAnn Rimes
                      + 13 years - Beyoncé

Mariah is peerless.
                      That’s so deceptive.

Celine didn’t impact the rest of the world until 1990, Mariah is not peerless.

Comment

Britney and Xtina both debuted in 1998 though, not 1999.
                        I only use debut albums.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          That’s so deceptive.

Celine didn’t impact the rest of the world until 1990, Mariah is not peerless.
                          So after knowing all the facts..

.. Can we conclude Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Shakira are Mariah's peers?

Comment

So after knowing all the facts..

.. Can we conclude Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Shakira are Mariah's peers?
                            + Sheryl Crow and Mary J. Blige and Alanis.
                            My Chart

Comment

• The thread title should be changed to "Trolling your fave achievements with posts that got chart data receipts as replies".

Comment

+ Sheryl Crow and Mary J. Blige and Alanis.
                                Not Sheryl and Alanis. They belong to the alternative 90's chicks group along with Tori, Fiona, Bjork and Heather, even though Alanis and Sheryl were more commercial in that respective group.
                                "Lift up your head
                                Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Celina debuted before Madonna? What? Why was she such a flop during the 80s?
                                  Celine Dion wasn't a flop in the 80's. She had several gold and platinum records in Canada with her early French albums. And she won Eurovision in 1988 of course.
                                  However, it wasn't until 1990 when she released her first English album that SONY took her on to conquer the international market.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                    Can't believe this flopped

HOT 100

#14 (+7) Don't Floponce Now

Comment

• I was gonna say... I know Don't Start Now is on the radio here!

That's great! She's about to get another top 10

Comment

• I hope it goes Top 10 but I can see this peaking at #11
                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• sad days for the industry

Comment

• This entire 90s album is underrated

I remember how people would cringe at them back in the day but somehow I love how those songs sound today.

Comment

HOT 100

#14 (+7) Don't Floponce Now

I'm Glad it's picking up. It's really a bop. I hope it goes number 1. It what she deserves

Does anyone fave got a big hit that you as a stan don't care to much for? Mine is crazy in love. Never cared for it tbh. Baby Boy was always miles better imo. Now crazy in love live is a ******* bop/experience

Comment

• There are reports of JLO and Shakira not getting along & refusing to cooperate for the Super Bowl. Omg the performance is gonna be such a huge mess and I am sooooo here for it.

Comment

• Barbie Girl is probably the gheyest song ever
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Whatever happened to Katy and Ri's friendship?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

sad days for the industry
                                                      Slightly OT but I checked a few of his videos couple a weeks ago and this dude is so cringy...that completely unfunny alter ego that keeps popping up. Is that supposed by hilarious?
                                                      "Lift up your head
                                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• WaiT Dance Monkey already has 900M streams on Spotify and still is #1 with a massive lead

Could it actually be coming for Shape Of You ( the current most streamed song on there) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                          Slightly OT but I checked a few of his videos couple a weeks ago and this dude is so cringy...that completely unfunny alter ego that keeps popping up. Is that supposed by hilarious?
                                                          Nah Melon is not cringy. I don't go to him for humor, but for insight. His reviews are generally well funded.
                                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                                            Nah Melon is not cringy. I don't go to him for humor, but for insight. His reviews are generally well funded.
                                                            I suppose so but the way he wraps up his reviews in comedy is an absolute turn off for me. I'd rather read his reviews.
                                                            "Lift up your head
                                                            Lift up your heart..."

Comment

WaiT Dance Monkey already has 900M streams on Spotify and still is #1 with a massive lead

Could it actually be coming for Shape Of You ( the current most streamed song on there) ?
                                                              Wouldn't be surprised, it's only slightly worse.
                                                              "Lift up your head
                                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Working...
                                                              X