No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna Summer may not longer be with us, but her music sure is.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
      No shade, but if it wasn't for Ukmix, I wouldn't know who Donna Summer is / was either.
      Well it is always good to learn. Remember, without Donna, there would be no Rihanna.
      Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

If you're going to make up anecdotes, at least make them sound somewhat realistic.
        Gurl nothing that anyone writes in pop discussion is realistic LOL, why single me out !!!!!!!!!!
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

If it wasn't for Ukmix I wouldn't know who Cher, Jeanette, Donna Summer, Paula Abdull, Dolly Parton, Barbra Dustsand etc were.

Also it would never cross my mind to ever mention Maria and I would see her as a cute 90s throwback just like the good sis Katy Perry said:

Not Katherine predicting her future nnnnnn

Comment

• Kali Uchis ate all the girls who released anything in 2020. These are the facts. Song of the Year, yes.

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

If it wasn't for Ukmix I wouldn't know who Cher, Jeanette, Donna Summer, Paula Abdull, Dolly Parton, Barbra Dustsand etc were.

Also it would never cross my mind to ever mention Maria and I would see her as a cute 90s throwback just like the good sis Katy Perry said
              what about the biggest popstar of XXI century though?

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Also it would never cross my mind to ever mention Maria and I would see her as a cute 90s throwback just like the good sis Katy Perry said:

It's always the acts that you grew up with that you love the most.

For:

late 1980s: Michael Jackson & Whitney Houston: They were my #1 and #2 and the first international artists I knew by name. I loved Whitney so much that I declared her to be my soulmate artist which was only cemented with the Bodyguard era.

mid 1990s: Mariah Carey, Paul McCartney (solo), Elton John, Janet Jackson, Take That and Bruce Springsteen refined my taste further. They were so giganticly huge and amazing.

late 1990s: Alanis Morissette and Sheryl Crow joined my legendary list as those were the alpha and the omega of my world during that time, and of course Mr. Williams (solo) became a thing, by 2000 he became my male soulmate artist. Céline became a thing.

early 2000s: Nelly Furtado & Shania Twain, Madonna & The Bangles joined the ranks. (Also Lenny Kravitz). I despised Britney and Xtina at the time because they were consistently on the cover of my bible, the Bravo magazine, taking away spaces from my ultimate loved ones. Supertramp and Aimee Mann also became a thing. Oh, and we shall not forget Bryan Adams & Maroon 5, Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake (solo).

mid 2000s: Less and less acts reached soulmate status. But I adored the first album by OneRepublic and Coldplay stomped on anyone.

late 2000s: Florence Welsh became my new wife.

early 2010s: I began to fall for yet another boyband: One Direction while The Beatles also took over, and Lennon (solo) became my #1 artist of all times. Paolo Nutini became a thing too, + Kings of Leon, John Mayer, The Killerd and Brandon (solo) began to dominate.

mid 2010s: I began to switch from female domination to male domination. Imagine Dragons dominated, Marco Mengoni too, and Father John Misty became my new husband.

late 2010s: Calum Scott <3 (German domination also started with Cluesom Bosse, Klan, Leoniden, Gröni, Oerding et al).

But my originals remain: Michael, Whitney, Mariah, Take That, Elton, Paul, Bruce and Janet. <3
                My Chart

Comment

• Great read, stevyy

My discoveries and soundtrack to my life:

1985: Madonna

1986: Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson

1987: Mel and Kim

1988: Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Kylie Minogue, Gloria Estefan

1989: Martika, Paula Abdul

1990: Mariah Carey

1991: Mylène Farmer, Wilson Phillips, En Vogue

1992: Celine Dion, Shanice

1993: Laura Pausini

1994: Toni Braxton, Eternal

1995: Tina Arena

Growing up (1985-1995) in a time that gave me a different singer to discover every year is so humbling in retrospect. Especially since all of them are artists I still love to listen to today.

Comment

• Miley's new album is called "Plastic Hearts" and it's out November 27!

​​​​​​​

Comment

• 2020 keeps on feeding us. It will be complete if Riri and Adele release their albums as well.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        2020 keeps on feeding us. It will be complete if Riri and Adele release their albums as well.
                        Not happening. That bitch doesn't give a f**k.
                        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Thots on Positions ? I find kina lacklustre and I wish Ariana had released this song instead/
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfsLT7W80AE

Comment

• 1. Midnight Sky (Miley)
                            2. Still Have Me (Demi)
                            3. Boyfriend (Selena)
                            4. positions (Ariana)

Midnight Sky is the obvious choice for me. Demi's song is really good. But the other two songs are predictable, nothing new, nothing fresh - same song pattern. Plus, the lyrics are... childish, nah. I'm disappointed with Ariana, she has such a strong voice and releases such a basic song.

Comment

• ...but are there any artists who have all flawless discography, no bad song (and over 5 albums)? No.
                              Maybe her album will be good, but I'll be honest - her music is aimed at 15 year olds, and nothing wrong with that. Not a target for me.

Comment

• 1 Miley x Dua collab
                                2 Midnight Sky
                                3 Positions
                                4 BF
                                5 Never listened to that Demi song
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Only Midinight sky is good from the songs listed and that says much about the others.

Comment

• Ariana released one of the blandest songs of the year so congrats i guess. Thank God we have Dua Lipa and Miley Cyrus.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I like Ariana but she really needs to take a break and stop releasing McSingles every three weeks. Her music is starting to get... repetitive, to say the least. Anything is better than Demi so there’s that.

Comment

• Anyone else completely underwhelmed ( so far) with this new Ariana track ? This is just a continuation of the TUN sound..

Comment

• My lastfm shows me that so far the most streamed female songs of 2020 are:

0. Xtina - Loyal Brave True
                                          1. Kali Uchis - Aquí Yo Mando
                                          2. Dua Lipa - Physical
                                          3. Jessie Ware - What’s Your Pleasure?
                                          4. Christina Aguilera - Like I Do
                                          5. Bjork - Joga
                                          6. Erykah Badu - 4 Leaf Clover
                                          7. Nina Simone - Take Care of Business
                                          8. Rihanna - Desperado
                                          9. Snoh Aalegra - Under The Influence
                                          10. ROSALÍA - A Palé
                                          11. Cardi B - Money Bag
                                          12. Christina Aguilera - Birds of Prey
                                          13. Snoh Aalegra - Nothing Burns Like The Cold
                                          14. Madonna - Frozen
                                          15. Celeste - I Can See The Change

Legendary

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            Anyone else completely underwhelmed ( so far) with this new Ariana track ? This is just a continuation of the TUN sound..
                                            I mean it's a cute song but will perform very similarly to Rain On Me / Stick With U aka high peak for a week but not really a huge hit like TUN / 7R

Dunno but Daddy Scooter's pupils seem to be really off this year
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                              My lastfm shows me that so far the most streamed female songs of 2020 are:
                                              1. Kes (with Ayoub) - Menak Wla Meni
                                              2. Ava Max - Kings & Queens
                                              3. Meghan Trainor - Genetics
                                              4. Selena Gomez - Love You Like A Love Song
                                              5. Ava Max - Salt
                                              6. Mariah - Save The Day
                                              7. Inez - Menak Wla Meni
                                              8. Meghan Trainor - Evil Twin
                                              9. Ava Max - Who's Laughing Now
                                              10. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
                                              11. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love
                                              12. Mariah Carey - Out Here On My Own
                                              13. Kylie Minogue - Say Something
                                              14. Ava Max (with Alan Walker) - Alone, Pt. II
                                              15. Katy Perry - Daisies

Comment

• 1. Dua Lipa - Physical
                                                2. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
                                                3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
                                                4. Rihanna - Umbrella
                                                5. Dua Lipa - Cool
                                                6. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                                                7. Dua Lipa - Love Again
                                                8. Rihanna - Same Ol Mistakes
                                                9. Dua Lipa - Levitating
                                                10. Harry Styles - Adore You
                                                11. Billie Eilish - Lovely
                                                12. Doja Cat - Boss Bitch
                                                13. Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
                                                14. Doja Cat - Say So
                                                15. Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music

Ladies and Gheys, let me present you Taste
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

1. Dua Lipa - Physical
                                                  2. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
                                                  3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
                                                  4. Rihanna - Umbrella
                                                  5. Dua Lipa - Cool
                                                  6. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                                                  7. Dua Lipa - Love Again
                                                  8. Rihanna - Same Ol Mistakes
                                                  9. Dua Lipa - Levitating
                                                  10. Harry Styles - Adore You
                                                  11. Billie Eilish - Lovely
                                                  12. Doja Cat - Boss Bitch
                                                  13. Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
                                                  14. Doja Cat - Say So
                                                  15. Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music

Ladies and Gheys, let me present you Taste
                                                  Chile, your top 10 is full of Duo Lips, Fivehead, Saturday & Sunday, and Hairy Balls.
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• And probably Rico Nasty - Rage will come to the top 15 because I'm obsessed with this song at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X