Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

What? These are some of her best songs. Shut Up and Drive is my guilty pleasure.
    They are not for me at all. But some were hits and that is all that matters,
    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Not really. It's an under-produced, samey-sounding midtempo R&B album just like any Mariah album.
      Mariah has never released an album like this. Im only on track 5 yet but Mariah doesn't have a song that can be compared to anything ive heard so far. This is more like something Brandy would release or actually its similar ish to parts of Tamar Braxtons third album.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Mariah has never released an album like this. Im only on track 5 yet but Mariah doesn't have a song that can be compared to anything ive heard so far. This is more like something Brandy would release or actually its similar ish to parts of Tamar Braxtons third album.
        I mean do I look like I listen to a Maria album? I have taste after all

I was just guessing
        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
        98 - OUT

Comment

I was just guessing
          LOL Mariah doesn't make music like this LOL

Maybe on MOAIA there are one or two tracks in this vein but in general nah.

Comment

• I don't really care about AIWFC or Christmas music tbh. But the 1st 55 seconds of AIWFC is the 2nd most beautiful thing I've heard in my life

Comment

• This being the 1st

Now why haven't we got a Mariah Carey song?

Comment

• Comment

• Mariah's Caution is actually much better than most popgirls' albums.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I was just guessing
                    Thank God nobody has ever flushed down a Mariah album so that you were able to listen to it in your sewer. Wait! Does that mean Dula's music gave people diarrhea and so it was that... that made u stan her? That's an odd fetish... but to each their own... <3

sincerely.
                    My Chart

Comment

• A vocalist

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Mariah's Caution is actually much better than most popgirls' albums.
                        I agree to this fact. And a fact it is.

It made the top 15 in 11 magazine's year end lists that year. the impact that that has.
                        My Chart

Comment

If Ariana released Caution it would be a number one album easily.

Comment

• Do you guys think Madonna's upcoming biopic will be a hit or a flop? Personally, i think it'll be a flop cause Madonna & movies don't go well in the same sentence unless she records a theme song for a movie, all her soundtrack songs are amazing.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Do you guys think Madonna's upcoming biopic will be a hit or a flop? Personally, i think it'll be a flop cause Madonna & movies don't go well in the same sentence unless she records a theme song for a movie, all her soundtrack songs are amazing.
                              Right now, biopics are in, so if done properly, I think the film could be a hit. Madonna is one of the most interesting pop stars ever and the fact that she is involved makes it better. It cannot be made like a VH1 movie.

One thing I love about Madonna is that she keeps it real. All of the other biopics I've seen made the artists seem so innocent when I know that is not the case. Madonna will give you the real tea. She is a Michigan Queen like me.
                              Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                She ate that up and left our plate empty.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

Exactly! One of her best albums.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Do you guys think Madonna's upcoming biopic will be a hit or a flop? Personally, i think it'll be a flop cause Madonna & movies don't go well in the same sentence unless she records a theme song for a movie, all her soundtrack songs are amazing.
                                    I would def. watch it. <3
                                    My Chart

Comment

• I would love to see Julia Garner as Madonna.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Idk what thread to mention this, but I read a tweet about Lily Allen releasing "Liberty," and I googled to see when it was coming out, only to realize it's definitely NOT music she's releasing...

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                          Idk what thread to mention this, but I read a tweet about Lily Allen releasing "Liberty," and I googled to see when it was coming out, only to realize it's definitely NOT music she's releasing...

The gud sis providing a cure for all the gerls who have the problem she sang about in this masterpiece:

DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                          98 - OUT

Comment

• ^ Can't stand her voice. She is so overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Exactly! One of her best albums.
                                              The way A no no ruined an almost perfect collection of tracks.

Comment

• ^ I like "A No No". I also like the criminally underrated "Portrait". The weakest track on the album imo is actually the fan favorite "8th Grade" (but I even like that one).
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                  ^ I like "A No No". I also like the criminally underrated "Portrait". The weakest track on the album imo is actually the fan favorite "8th Grade" (but I even like that one).
                                                  For me The Distance is the clear standout.

Comment

• Lily Allen has released one of the best albums of 2018. I love it!
                                                    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

Working...
                                                    X