No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Rihanna benefited from the digital era but not wanting to admit madonna benefited from the physical era. What's wrong with y'all? Selling 250 million singles is not easy. Lol

Comment

• Another hit for rih

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I am listening to Ariana's new mixtape nnnnnnnn

Poor Smile remains uncertified. Tsk.
        I can't believe the GP turned on her like that . It's sad

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
          Saying Rihanna benefited from the digital era but not wanting to admit madonna benefited from the physical era. What's wrong with y'all? Selling 250 million singles is not easy. Lol
          Remarkable and on top of having sold that people still stream her music like if there’s no tomorrow.

I like it that she’s not the typical black artist singing R&B music .. Rihanna is not in a box, she is basically anything, Pop, Dance, R&B, Rock, Dancehall.

She’s great.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I can't believe the GP turned on her like that . It's sad
            I think Katy is fine. She is still able to make money, and at the end of the day that is the key thing - if you are still viable or not. And she is.
            Sales don't last forever.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Remarkable and on top of having sold that people still stream her music like if there’s no tomorrow.

I like it that she’s not the typical black artist singing R&B music .. Rihanna is not in a box, she is basically anything, Pop, Dance, R&B, Rock, Dancehall.

She’s great.
              People just don't like to admit when a new artist surpasses a older legend.

Comment

I think Katy is fine. She is still able to make money, and at the end of the day that is the key thing - if you are still viable or not. And she is.
                Sales don't last forever.
                American idol definitely won't be giving her 25m after the performance of smile. Lol. Katy's hits was her star power. Without them she will struggle just looking how the witness tour did in comparison to the prismatic tour. The decline was bad. Imagine touring smile. It would be terrible. I hope she can give us another TD one day. A timeless pop masterpiece

Comment

People just don't like to admit when a new artist surpasses a older legend.
                  Rihanna is second on overall sales behind Madonna all things included so she hasn't surpassed her though .

She is far bigger than Beyonce though, that's clear.

Comment

Rihanna is second on overall sales behind Madonna all things included so she hasn't surpassed her though .

Ok. Both surpassed madonna

Comment

American idol definitely won't be giving her 25m after the performance of smile. Lol. Katy's hits was her star power. Without them she will struggle just looking how the witness tour did in comparison to the prismatic tour. The decline was bad. Imagine touring smile. It would be terrible. I hope she can give us another TD one day. A timeless pop masterpiece
                      How many times do you think someone needs to be paid 25 million ? She can live her life off that pay cheque alone if she chooses to.

Comment

Not “far bigger” ... they both sold over 200million records.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Ok. Both surpassed madonna
                          Maybe in garment sales, not music.

Comment

• " Can you stay up all night
                            F**K me till the daylight !"

Ariana wildin'

Comment

Beyonce 208M solo
                              destiny's child 70M

And a R&B artist at that. Legend

Comment

You are so inconsistent. It was ALL about singles before, now suddenly its "records"

The ever changing narratives.

Comment

" Can you stay up all night
                                  F**K me till the daylight !"

Ariana wildin'

What song is this?

Comment

You are so inconsistent. It was ALL about singles before, now suddenly its "records"

Well a single sale is a record sale. But y'all went off top first trying to downplay Rihanna record sale in little single sales.

Comment

What song is this?
                                      34 + 35

Comment

34 + 35
                                        I thought the album did drop until Friday

Comment

I thought the album did drop until Friday
                                          Correct. I may have an advance copy. Like countless others

Comment

Correct. I may have an advance copy. Like countless others
                                            Lol. Is it worth a purchase?

Comment

Do you know that Beyoncé (as a solo artist) sold over 170 million singles (with the Sasha era alone selling over 50million singles) and that she sold additional 30million singles with Destiny’s Child right?

Over 200million singles sold.

Comment

Lol. Is it worth a purchase?
                                                I haven't bought a CD since 2010. I will stream it on spotify when it becomes available.
                                                Theres no pop hooks on this album. Positions is the most upbeat. It's a very R&B album, and it is growing very very slowly on me. Some tracks are still meh, but the second half is strong. Her voice is amazing as always. And she is actually singing in whistle register, like whole lines. It's prob the most she has explored that register.
                                                It's definitely a good F8*K album, although a little on the short side.

She cracks me up when she tries to be all sexual though. " Imma leave it open like a door, come inside it " LOL

Comment

Do you know that Beyoncé (as a solo artist) sold over 170 million singles (with the Sasha era alone selling over 50million singles) and that she sold additional 30million singles with Destiny’s Child right?

Over 200million singles sold.
                                                  Beyonces sales and Destinys child sales are not combined for the purpose of collating her sales as a solo artist.
                                                  Destinys Child are a female group, Beyonce is a solo performer, two seperate entities.

Comment

• My bad. I re read it infamous

Comment

Working...
                                                    X