Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The only person trolling is the person who claimed Live your life was on the same level as Vogue.

That’s my personal opinion. Learn how to handle contrary opinions to yours in a public online forum

.. However, saying Rihanna only had 4-5 Global hits (when even the likes of Avril Lavigne had that) is pure trolling and simply not true. Fortunately numbers, chart data and stats are public, are objective and can be measured and proven.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Neither do I actually, but she's second.

Trying to belittle Rih's success because of her features is so 2010 though. I'm too lazy to look up the receipts right now. But on average, her features (and especially her rap features) do worse than her solo singles internationally. The only notable exception to this were the two Eminem collabs.
      Gurl I'm not trying to belittle Rihanna Jesus I'm a huge fan of hers.
      Last edited by InFamous; Sat October 31, 2020, 01:36.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

That’s my personal opinion. Learn how to handle contrary opinions to yours in a public online forum

.. However, saying Rihanna only had 4-5 Global hits (when even the likes of Avril Lavigne had that) is pure trolling and simply not true. Fortunately numbers, chart data and stats are public, are objective and can be measured and proven.
        In this case your personal opinion is wrong. Just like when you claimed Katy Perry was on the same level as Kesha. Trolling is all you do. And yes I agree numbers, chart data and stats can easily disprove your ridiculous "opinions"

Comment

In this case your personal opinion is wrong. Just like when you claimed Katy Perry was on the same level as Kesha. Trolling is all you do. And yes I agree numbers, chart data and stats can easily disprove your ridiculous "opinions"
          Yes , I was really wrong when I did that Kesha comment ... Kesha actually releases acclaim and great music now. . So my bad for doing such unflattering comparison to Kesha, the girl deserved better from my part

Numbers say: Rihanna has dozens of global hits in every market and no one can question that.

Anyways , what’s your point for the last 3 pages against Rihanna? To prove she’s not successful or something? Cuz that’s not happening ever.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Numbers say Madonna is still bigger than Rihanna. And no one can question that.

And it will never change when it comes to the raw numbers no matter how much you try to spin them. Rihanna will sit pretty at number two.

Comment

Numbers say Madonna is still bigger than Rihanna. And no one can question that.

And it will never change when it comes to the raw numbers no matter how much you try to spin them. Rihanna will sit pretty at number two.
              Except I never (and no one else) said Rihanna surpassed Madonna overall , she surpassed her singles wise, we were always talking about singles. That’s it.

Comment

• Smile has just been certified GOLD in Norway btw. Excellent. As well as being close to a 60 on metacritic and still being the second most discussed album of 2020.

Stream TUCKED in celebration

Comment

Smile has just been certified GOLD in Norway btw. Excellent. As well as being close to a 60 on metacritic and still being the second most discussed album of 2020.

Stream TUCKED in celebration

I mean... how many people have discussed this album?
                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                    I mean... how many people have discussed this album?
                    Millions. It was definitely the most discussed album of the year on UK MIX.

Comment

Give me some source that this is the second most discussed album of the year.

Comment

It's October 30th, not April 1st.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Imagine stanning Katy Perry in 2020...
                          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                            Fever is a major excellent bop. GODua BILLBOARDua can really do no wrong
                            Have you erased Club future nostalgia from your mind LOL

Comment

Imagine stanning Katy Perry in 2020...
                              I don't really stan her tbh or anyone else. I'm not that invested to call myself a stan of anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Give me some source that this is the second most discussed album of the year.
                                The highly respected and often referenced Metacritic bible of rankings and ratings of course:

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/al..._selected=2020

Top 3
                                1. Taylor - Folklore
                                2. Katy - Smile
                                3. Gaga - Chromatica

Barrier
                                ---------------------------

13 - Fiona Apple - Fetch the bolt cutters
                                16 - Kesha - High Road

Comment

Imagine stanning Katy Perry in 2020...
                                  ... or even liking her.

Comment

Have you erased Club future nostalgia from your mind LOL
                                    CFN is acclaimed unlike any Katy Perry album
                                    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

The highly respected and often referenced Metacritic bible of rankings and ratings of course:

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/al..._selected=2020

Top 3
                                      1. Taylor - Folklore
                                      2. Katy - Smile
                                      3. Gaga - Chromatica

Barrier
                                      ---------------------------

13 - Fiona Apple - Fetch the bolt cutters
                                      16 - Kesha - High Road
                                      And where is the evidence of the millions of people commenting on her album?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

... or even liking her.
                                        what is there not to like?

I dislike it when people are hostile towards the life of celebrities. Haven't we learned anything from The Meaning of Mariah?
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Whitney>>>>>Madonna/Rihanna
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                            Whitney>>>>>Madonna/Rihanna
                                            Whitney / Madonna / Céline / Janet / Mariah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest
                                            My Chart

Comment

• In the Netherlands once a year the GP vote for their favorite songs. This gives a clear indication what songs are loved and remembered by the GP. Madonna had 5 songs in this list last year. Rihanna had one...

https://www.radioveronica.nl/top-100...en-editie-2019
                                              Last edited by RayRay; Sat October 31, 2020, 01:48.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I would struggle to remember many Rihanna hits unless I saw them written down. I'd remember the really big ones but theres loads that would be completely forgotten to me. I'm sure it's the same for the GP. I cant even remember how Live your Life goes, may not have ever even heard that song tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                  In the Netherlands once a year the GP vote for their favorite songs. This gives a clear indication what songs are loved and remembered by the GP. Madonna had 5 songs in this list last year. Rihanna had one...

https://www.radioveronica.nl/top-100...en-editie-2019
                                                  That list is a mess.

My Chart

Comment

I would struggle to remember many Rihanna hits unless I saw them written down. I'd remember the really big ones but theres loads that would be completely forgotten to me. I'm sure it's the same for the GP. I cant even remember how Live your Life goes, may not have ever even heard that song tbh.
                                                    WFL and Diamonds are the only 2 songs by her that I can name.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X