Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

That list is a mess.
    Most voters are straight white guys.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Most voters are straight white guys.
      Not a single Mariah entry in her biggest EU market (by market size)... a disgrace.
      My Chart

Comment

Not a single Mariah entry in her biggest EU market (by market size)... a disgrace.
        I think those surveys are always so subjective though, it totally depends on who you ask
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Having moved on from the “hits” topic .... now there’s another topic and it’s about the classics (not to be confused with “hit songs”, hit songs and classics are not always the same thing), a classic is a song that stands the test of time.

The 3 divas with the most amount of actual classic songs are: Madonna, Whitney Houston and Rihanna

Madonna has as classics (11): “Holiday”, “Like A Virgin”, “Material Girl”, “Crazy For You”, “Into The Groove”, “Papa Don’t Preach”, “La Isla Bonita”, “Like A Prayer”, “Express Yourself”, “Vogue” and “Hung Up”

Whitney has as classics (8): “Saving All My Love For You”, “How Will I Know”, “The Greatest Love Of All, “I Wanna Dance With Somebody”, “One Moment In Time”, “All The Man That I Need”, “I Will Always Love You” and “I Have Nothing”

Rihanna has as classics (6): “Umbrella”, “Don’t Stop The Music”, “Only Girl (In The World)”, “Love The Way You Lie”, “We Found Love” and “Diamonds”

And that’s it. I don’t think there’s any other female artist that has at least 6 actual and real classic songs (most of them have 2-4 at best, maybe 5 and that’s already rare).
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The 3 divas with the most amount of actual classic songs are: Madonna, Whitney Houston and Rihanna
            The BS and delusion.

Outside of stan culture those rihanna songs are not used. Rihanna has 2 classic songs: WFL and Diamonds and therefore falls in your category of flops.
            My Chart

Comment

• Just listening to some Classic Katy , still sounds so fresh today.

Comment

The BS and delusion.

Outside of stan culture those rihanna songs are not used. Rihanna has 2 classic songs: WFL and Diamonds and therefore falls in your category of flops.
                I agree. Don't stop the music aged horribly. Like a lot of her earlier to mid career material .

I think Umbrella is much more classic Rihanna that it tbh.
                Last edited by InFamous; Sat October 31, 2020, 06:47.

Comment

• Including Rihanna with legends is blasphemy. Stans are simply putting too much emphasis on teenage stans... and then forgetting about true legends such as:

Tina Turner:

The Best
                  What's Love Got to Do With It
                  Proud Mary
                  We Don't Need Another Hero
                  Golden Eye
                  Private Dancer

and her countless classics. As if anyone from the GP in Europe could name: Love the Way You Lie. lol.

My Chart

Comment

• Rihanna isn't a legend, she comes from the era of Katy, Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce and is an icon at best.
                    If she lasts till 2030 and beyond ( musically, not socks) then we can start speaking in terms of legend status.

Comment

• By 2030 Rihanna will be hanging pretty on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame walls
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Including Rihanna with legends is blasphemy. Stans are simply putting too much emphasis on teenage stans... and then forgetting about true legends such as:

Tina Turner:

The Best
                        Proud Mary
                        Golden Eye
                        Private Dancer

and her countless classics. As if anyone from the GP in Europe could name: Love the Way You Lie. lol.

“Golden Eye” is a stunning song but that ain’t a classic.

Comment

Including Rihanna with legends is blasphemy. Stans are simply putting too much emphasis on teenage stans... and then forgetting about true legends such as:

Tina Turner:

The Best
                          Proud Mary
                          Golden Eye
                          Private Dancer

You forgot Nutbush City Limits and Steamy Windows. Tina's got classics for days.

Comment

• Rihanna not having classics. Wow. Let me log out for another 5 months

Comment

• When it's all said and done. Madonna, celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Beyonce, Rihanna, whitney Houston, Mariah carey, Barbra Streisand britney spears will be the most important women in music history.

Comment

• Infamous what's your thoughts on this masterpiece?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                  Rihanna not having classics. Wow. Let me log out for another 5 months
                                  We all know the truth.

That narrative that Rihanna only had 5 global hits, that the public only knows 2 songs by her and that she is forgotten is something you will only read in Ukmix by the same 2-3 people.

Fortunately there’s an actual real life outside Ukmix and in the real world everybody knows Rihanna, people know many of her songs, she had dozens of hits, she’s hardly forgotten and she’s one of the most celebrated artists in the world.

Comment

Infamous what's your thoughts on this masterpiece?

I absolutely love Brown Skin Girl, incredible track

Comment

When it's all said and done. Madonna, celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Beyonce, Rihanna, whitney Houston, Mariah carey, Barbra Streisand Janet Jackson will be the most important women in music history.
                                      Fixed. Put some respect on Janet's name.

Also UK Mix is the only place you would hear anyone, well only one person, claim that Live your life was on the same level as Vogue. But there you go.
                                      Last edited by InFamous; Sat October 31, 2020, 06:51.

Comment

There's another list that's getting more popular every year. All I want Christmas is always featured. Hero and Without You were popular in this list as well. But it's a shame overall how little people vote for female singers.

Comment

• Celine classics:

The Power of Love
                                          Think Twice
                                          Pour Que Tu M'aimes encore
                                          It's All Coming Back To Me Now
                                          All By Myself
                                          My Heart Will Go On
                                          Because You Loved Me

Comment

• Celine’s classics over here:

- The Power Of Love
                                            - My Heart Will Go On

and maybe “The Prayer”.

Her “Beauty And The Beast” song is lowkey classic too, not a full classic but it’s quite there. But her French music is literally a non-factor here (no one knows it).

Comment

• Anyways, it’s not about naming every song we like or all the artist’s popular hits that come to our minds.

A classic is a song that most people know, that broke generation barriers, that is relevant until today and ALWAYS a classic song (no matter the year, it could be from the 60s) with NO EXCEPTION, a real classic will always have good streaming stats.

Example of a classic? Toto’s “Africa” ...

1) most people recognize, like and know that song
                                              2) Even though the song was released nearly 40 years ago still younger people can recognize the song
                                              3) it’s relevant and played until today
                                              4) it has great streaming because people always revisit classics, in consequence the song has nearly 900 million streams of Spotify.

(Other examples of classics meeting the same criteria: “Hotel California”, “Don’t Stop Believin”, “Dancing Queen”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “I Will Always Love You”, etc)

... Naming songs that have 20m or 60m streams as classics won’t just cut it. A real known song will get streamed big time. (More examples: “Every Breath You Take”, “All I Want For Christmas Is You”, “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, “Total Eclipse Of The Heart”, etc).

Comment

• Wow Ariana now has SEVEN number ones in the UK seeing as Positions has been confirmed at the top. She is close to matching/surpassing Rihanna who has 9 to date.

Comment

• Some of the comments here

Literally every act only has like 2-3 classics. It’s only the gays that think that their fave has like ten classics lol. Do y’all even know what a classic is?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                    Wow Ariana now has SEVEN number ones in the UK seeing as Positions has been confirmed at the top. She is close to matching/surpassing Rihanna who has 9 to date.
                                                    She tied Kylie Minogue (who is part of UK Royalty).

Female solo artists with most #1 UK Hits:

1. Madonna = 13
                                                    2. Rihanna = 9
                                                    3. Ariana Grande / Kylie Minogue = 7
                                                    4. Britney Spears / Lady Gaga = 6

IMO Ariana Grande is the “Rihanna of the new generation”

Comment

Working...
                                                    X