Celine classics:

The Power of Love
        Think Twice
        Pour Que Tu M'aimes encore
        It's All Coming Back To Me Now
        All By Myself
        My Heart Will Go On
        Because You Loved Me
        I am French and only know 3 songs of that list.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Classics

Madonna: Like a Prayer ,vogue, like a virgin ,into the groove

Tina Turner: what's love got to do with it, The best, private dancer , proud Mary

celine Dion: my heart we will go on, it's all coming back to me now, the power of love

Mariah Carey: Always be my baby, Hero, Fantasy, we belong together, all I want for Christmas

Janet Jackson: Rhythm Nation

Beyonce: Crazy in love, irreplaceable, Halo, Single Ladies

Rihanna: umbrella, work, diamonds, we found love

And that's that on that.

Comment

• "The Power of Love" became Dion's first US number-one song, topping the Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks in February 1994. It also became her first Australian chart topper and second number-one single in Canada. The song also topped the adult contemporary charts in the United States and Canada. In the rest of the world, "The Power of Love" reached top ten in France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Sweden and New Zealand. It was certified Platinum in the United States and Australia, Gold in New Zealand and Silver in France. In the United States, it has sold 1.5 million copies. "The Power of Love" won the ASCAP Pop Award for Most Performed Song in the United States.It was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Single, two Billboard Music Awards for Hot 100 Single of the Year and Hot Adult Contemporary Single of the Year, and for the Juno Award for Single of the Year. Thanks to "The Power of Love," David Foster was also nominated for the Juno Award for Producer of the Year. "The Power of Love" became one of Dion's signature songs.

Upon its release, "Think Twice" became a hit in Europe and Australia. It was a runaway hit in the United Kingdom, going on to be one of the biggest-selling records of all time. It remains Dion's second-biggest hit in the UK, eclipsed only by "My Heart Will Go On," and is widely credited amongst British fans as cementing Dion.
            The song went to number 1 all over Europe, including: Ireland (9 weeks at the top), United Kingdom (7 weeks), Belgium Flanders (5 weeks), Netherlands (4 weeks), Norway (4 weeks) and Sweden (4 weeks). It was also successful in Australia reaching number 2. "Think Twice" was certified Platinum and as of September 2017, it has sold 1,418,966 copies in the UK. It was also certified Platinum in Australia (70,000) and Gold in the Netherlands (50,000) and Belgium (25,000).

"Pour que tu m'aimes encore" became a smash hit in France, where it topped the singles chart for 12 weeks, sold one million copies (platinum award), and became 1995's best-selling single and 1995's number-one airplay song. It spent 15 weeks at the top in Belgium Wallonia and 4 weeks in Quebec. It was certified Platinum in Belgium. "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" also reached top 10 in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, Sweden and the Netherlands, which was an exceptional achievement for a French song. According to Virgin17, the single has sold more than 4,000,000 copies, worldwide. In Germany, Austria and Switzerland, "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" charted in 2011, 2012 and 2013, after it was performed on the German Show Das Supertalent by Juliette Schoppmann.
            The song received a Félix Award for Song of the Year, as well as an award from Trophée Radio France Internationale for " Conseil Francophone de la Chanson". The song also won an award by the Victoires de la Musique for "Best Song of the Year".
            Since 2012, "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" enters the Belgium Wallonia Back Catalogue Year-end Chart every year.

"Because You Loved Me" received critical acclaim and became a worldwide hit, reaching number one in the United States, Canada and Australia, and reaching top ten in many other countries. In the United States alone, it has sold over two million copies. "Because You Loved Me" won the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media, and was nominated for the Grammy Award for Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. It was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song and Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. The single has sold over 5 million copies in its first 6 months of availability worldwide.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I’d say Whitney easily has the biggest classics out of the divas from her generation tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                I’d say Whitney easily has the biggest classics out of the divas from her generation tbh
                And the biggest albums. Bodyguard is a total smash album.

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                  When it's all said and done. Madonna, celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Beyonce, Rihanna, whitney Houston, Mariah carey, Barbra Streisand britney spears will be the most important women in music history.
                  The spill

Comment

• ElrhDaPVoAAUBcF?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Chameleon of pop.
                    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Katy has so many classic and three DIAMOND classics, in a league of her own really.

I kissed a Girl.
                      Hot n Cold.
                      California Gurls
                      Teenage Dream
                      Firework
                      Roar
                      Dark Horse
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Katy's classics:

Firework

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                          Katy's classics:

Firework
                          Hot n cold alone is more iconically classical that Rihannas discography.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            Katy has so many classic and three DIAMOND classics, in a league of her own really.

I kissed a Girl.
                            Hot n Cold.
                            California Gurls
                            Teenage Dream
                            Firework
                            Roar
                            Dark Horse
                            Teenage Dream is completely forgotten. Even Last Friday Night is more remembered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                              Teenage Dream is completely forgotten. Even Last Friday Night is more remembered.
                              Not at all, I was out walking this evening and I heard a group of friends humming Teenage Dream and one of them just sporadically broke into the chorus. I sang a line back at them as I was passing. It was a cute moment .

Comment

Not at all, I was out walking this evening and I heard a group of friends humming Teenage Dream and one of them just sporadically broke into the chorus. I sang a line back at them as I was passing. It was a cute moment .
                                Do you live in Oblivia by any chance?

Comment

Do you live in Oblivia by any chance?
                                  No, but my friend does and he told me he heard someone humming Toxic

Comment

No, but my friend does and he told me he heard someone humming Toxic
                                    I mean Toxic has more Spotify streams than any of the songs you listed except for Dark Horse and Roar despite being an older single so this shade hardly makes sense lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

I mean Toxic has more Spotify streams than any of the songs you listed except for Dark Horse and Roar despite being an older single so this shade hardly makes sense lol
                                      Relax we just bantering . I know Toxique is a Classic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                        Katy's classics:

Firework
                                        Basically
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Never Really Over is destined to be a future classic for Miss Perry.

Comment

• ... Wait “Toxic” has more streams than “Firework”? ... dude that’s a way older song.

If it weren’t for Enzolorenzo’s comment I think I would have not realized that Toxic has more streams than any “Teenage Dream” single. It also has more streams than massive Gaga hits such as “Bad Romance”, “Poker Face” and “Just Dance”. “Toxic” is huge even beating newer massive hits.

Of course Rihlord was unbeatable tho, with “Umbrella”, “Diamonds” and “We Found Love” having more streams than “Toxic”. The power of Rihsus
                                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• We don't need to stream Katy's songs. The ten million people who purchased them ( US only) play them in their libraries daily.

Comment

• ^ The sales thing is a lame as f*ck excuse. More than 40 million people bought Whitney Houston’s album “The Bodyguard” and more than 20 million people bought her debut album and also her second studio album, and that has not prevented people from streaming her songs and particularly “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” and “I Will Always Love You” like crazy.

Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” is the best selling studio album of all time (over 50 million copies sold) and it’s getting amazing streams!.

Same thing happening with huge selling albums from Nirvana, Oasis, Eminem, Fleetwood Mac, etc

Just because someone bought an album or a song years ago doesn’t mean other people can’t stream a song these days. There’s a whole new younger generation of people that don’t have those albums or songs and they will stream. If only that same old people that bought your album a decade or two decades ago are the only ones listening to the songs then that’s a bad sign.

Comment

• Yeah. That's like saying people don't have to stream Toxic because it's been purchased like 20 million times as part of all the albums it has been included on (+ the single itself). Also, I highly doubt the average person is still playing CDs they bought 15-20 years ago. They're more likely to stream them.

Comment

Yeah. That's like saying people don't have to stream Toxic because it's been purchased like 20 million times as part of all the albums it has been included on (+ the single itself). Also, I highly doubt the average person is still playing CDs they bought 15-20 years ago. They're more likely to stream them.
                                                    Yeah ... not only I stopped buying CDs long time ago but the ones I bought from years ago are basically in the dust serving as collectives / items. I don’t actually use a CD player anymore.

Why would I use a f*cking CD player or an old iTunes library when I have access to either Spotify or Youtube through my cell phone everywhere I go?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X