Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    So basically you’re saying Xmas GOAT deserved #1 over River?
    No. DSN aka a quality non-gimmick'd song deserved.
    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
      No. DSN aka a quality non-gimmick'd song deserved.
      At least it’s not a “what if” scenario in your hole.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
        Katy is a flop these days so Rihanna distanced herself from that. Katy should try a friendship with Ciara these days though.
        Rihanna attended Katy and Orlando's engagement party so the only flop here is your comment
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This is the Pop Talk thread, we have a separate gif thread if that’s all you want to post. Please stick to the rules or this thread will be closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            This is the Pop Talk thread, we have a separate gif thread if that’s all you want to post. Please stick to the rules or this thread will be closed.
            :S
            God forbid we have FUN on this board anymore.
            "Lift up your head
            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
              Lana’s part felt so out of place. The song was kinda catchy but overall it’s a mess
              Lana's part was the best thing about the song. They should've gave her the soundtrack.

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] sus Nobody mentioned Don't start now. Lol..

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                Shania Twain debuted in 1992 which is the closest to Mariah.

Mariah's debut in relation to the other acts' debuts:

- 9 years - Céline Dion
                - 8 years - Janet Jackson
                - 7 years - Madonna, Cyndi Lauper
                - 5 years - Whitney Houston
                - 4 years - Glora Estefan

0 - years - Mariah Carey

+ 1 years - Alanis Morissette
                + 2 years - Mary J. Blige
                + 3 years - Shania Twain, Sheryl Crow
                + 4 years - Brandy, Aaliyah
                + 6 years - LeAnn Rimes
                + 9 years - Britney, Christina, J.Lo
                + 11 years - Alicia Keys, Melanie Thornton
                + 13 years - Beyoncé

Mariah is peerless.
                Originally posted by aRat View Post
                Celina debuted before Madonna? What? Why was she such a flop during the 80s? @Wayne
                Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                That’s so deceptive.

Celine didn’t impact the rest of the world until 1990, Mariah is not peerless.
                Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                So after knowing all the facts..

.. Can we conclude Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Shakira are Mariah's peers?
                Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                Celine Dion wasn't a flop in the 80's. She had several gold and platinum records in Canada with her early French albums. And she won Eurovision in 1988 of course.
                However, it wasn't until 1990 when she released her first English album that SONY took her on to conquer the international market.
                Celine didn't release her 80s French material anywhere except for French Speaking regions, obviously.
                Her first album to be released internationally in English was her 1990 album Unison.
                [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION], I am surprised at you that you allowed this to pass uncorrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

sad days for the industry
                  I have seen many fan bases doing this, especially the monsters and the lambs. But I have never seen the artist do it. Yikes.

Comment

• I never knew celine got on by winning a talent show. Most of the time winning a talent show is a career curse

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                      Exactly. Out of all the options they chose that literal child...
                      Are you celebrating Miss Dua reaching number 14 this week. You WON.
                      Stevvy must be fuming.

Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                      I never knew celine got on by winning a talent show. Most of the time winning a talent show is a career curse
                      Are you stanning for Rare ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        Are you celebrating Miss Dua reaching number 14 this week. You WON.
                        Stevvy must be fuming.

Are you stanning for Rare ?
                        Rare?

Y'all want to go in together and end ja rule

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                          I never knew celine got on by winning a talent show. Most of the time winning a talent show is a career curse
                          Eurovision is not exactly a talent show, it's a song contest. The singers are irrelevant most of the time.
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            I have seen many fan bases doing this, especially the monsters and the lambs. But I have never seen the artist do it. Yikes.
                            the monsters and the lambs didn't have a chance to exploit streaming bs.
                            creating a playlist to play the song at minimum volume at night on repeat (6 hour sleep x 20 plays per hour = 120 plays during the sleep hours) seems fair...

Comment

• ^I don't know why people still believe this works? It won't work on audio streaming platforms (limited to 10 plays per day and IP adress) and it won't work on youtube if you don't refresh the page everytime.
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                ^I don't know why people still believe this works? It won't work on audio streaming platforms (limited to 10 plays per day and IP adress) and it won't work on youtube if you don't refresh the page everytime.
                                They also encourage to use VPN and create multiple Spotify accounts, so the system can be played.

Comment

• ^ If they are that dedicated, let them have it.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Celine dion last French album sold almost a million copies in France. she gotta be the bestselling artist there of all Time why would she even try with another English album when her French stans stand much harder ?

Comment

Celine dion last French album sold almost a million copies in France. she gotta be the bestselling artist there of all Time why would she even try with another English album when her French stans stand much harder ?
                                      Most money is in touring/concerts. Fans around the world don't want to hear new French songs unfortunately. I know the GP would be satisfied with just the hits, but Celine herself said it's not satisfying for her. She wants to sing new material too.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                        but Celine herself said it's not satisfying for her. She wants to sing new material too.
                                        Chile, please. She's doing 2 songs from Courage on an 18 track tour setlist. Let's not pretend like she cares about the new material. That's way too low for a new album promo tour. New material should be at least a third of the total setlist. Most artists on promo tour approach to having even half of the setlist from the latest album.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                          Chile, please. She's doing 2 songs from Courage on an 18 track tour setlist. Let's not pretend like she cares about the new material. That's way too low for a new album promo tour. New material should be at least a third of the total setlist. Most artists on promo tour approach to having even half of the setlist from the latest album.
                                          She also cares about what the people want to hear. If she was just singing for herself, she wouldn't do My Heart Will Go On. She's not like Madonna who doesn't care what people want to hear. That's fine for the fans, but when I get people to come along with me to a Madonna concert they are always disappointed about the setlist.

Comment

She also cares about what the people want to hear. If she was just singing for herself, she wouldn't do My Heart Will Go On. She's not like Madonna who doesn't care what people want to hear. That's fine for the fans, but when I get people to come along with me to a Madonna concert they are always disappointed about the setlist.
                                            I agree about the madonna setlist mess

Remember when we all thought this would flop. He won, we lost

Comment

S She's not like Madonna who doesn't care what people want to hear. That's fine for the fans, but when I get people to come along with me to a Madonna concert they are always disappointed about the setlist.
                                              That's probably why she went for a theater show with expensive af tickets so only the hardcore fans would come and she can sing what she wants
                                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

She obviously cares more about catering to what people want to hear than actually promoting and doing new material. Which is completely fine to do, but you made it seem like she was heavily invested in new material, when it's obvious she's not. I mean from 21 new songs, to do only 2.... It says it all.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Celine dion last French album sold almost a million copies in France. she gotta be the bestselling artist there of all Time why would she even try with another English album when her French stans stand much harder ?
                                                  She is the 6th best selling overall albums act in France.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Is it me or is this Madame X tour not doing well?...I don't hear much about outside of here (compared to past tours).

Comment

• My Queen!!!

Diva!!!

Comment

• [MENTION=18111]TIfan[/MENTION], I moved your post here since this is the thread for random music discussion now

While I'm here, everyone make sure to send votes in for the 2010s Female-Led Singles Countdown!

Aaron, the check for $25 is in the mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                          She obviously cares more about catering to what people want to hear than actually promoting and doing new material. Which is completely fine to do, but you made it seem like she was heavily invested in new material, when it's obvious she's not. I mean from 21 new songs, to do only 2.... It says it all.
                                                          He completely changed what he said from his first post to his second. And I agree, if she was any way invested in the new material she would have included at least six tracks from it on the tour.

Comment

So she can go on tour!

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                              Is it me or is this Madame X tour not doing well?...I don't hear much about outside of here (compared to past tours).
                                                              Well, there is not much to hear as it's a theatre tour with a strict phone ban.
                                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                              X