Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    The hypocricy of certain people here is too much.
    Case in Point:

Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 featuring Christina - doesn't count as a number one for Christina, she is only the feature, not part of her discography
    Love the way you live by Eminem featuring Rihanna - A bonafide Rihanna Classic, everyone in the world knows and loves this Classic Rihanna song.

I mean seriously, if you're not consistent with how you view things, what you say ultimately means nothing.
    I never said those #1s didn’t count. They do COUNT and are officially credited.

However I did a different list of #1 songs as leading acts today applying the same rules for everyone, in that list I’m not including any featurings by Rihanna or Beyoncé at all.

Also I think people would take Xtina’s features more seriously if she had backed them up with personal success with her own material and own albums. Like no one really believes “Moves Like Jagger” was a hit because of her LOL

In the meantime Rihanna was having success with her features but also having success with her own solo music and albums at the same time proving and demonstrating that the power was actually on her. That’s why people never doubt Rihanna.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Of course, the woman who sings two songs is responsible for everything. Really it should be renamed as a Cher album.

Again you are not objective when it comes to the artists you hate.
      Cher’s two songs contribute data, sales, activity and streams to the album’s numbers. It’s not an entirely Xtina solo album, Cher is also there and that album would have never been the same without her (many Cher fans bought the album just because Cher was on it).

And this makes sense considering all of Cher’s albums and tours during the 10s outsold Xtina’s albums and tours of that decade.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

90% of the streams are from songs by Xtina and the same goes for selling digital songs. Next, delusional boy

Tea, right?
        Piping, scalding hot tea, served in the best china with a side of scones, clotted cream and home made strawberry jam.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Cher’s two songs contribute data, sales, activity and streams to the album’s numbers. It’s not an entirely Xtina solo album, Cher is also there and that album would have never been the same without her (many Cher fans bought the album just because Cher was on it).

And this makes sense considering all of Cher’s albums and tours during the 10s outsold Xtina’s albums and tours of that decade.
          Before Moves Like Jagger Maroon 5 flopped with their singles.

Last top 5 as lead:

Xtina - Slay Something (2014)
          Britney - Till the World Ends (2011)

Last Grammy:

Xtina: 2015
          Britney: 2005

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

I never said those #1s didn’t count. They do COUNT and are officially credited.

However I did a different list of #1 songs as leading acts today applying the same rules for everyone, in that list I’m not including any featurings by Rihanna or Beyoncé at all.

Also I think people would take Xtina’s features more seriously if she had backed them up with personal success with her own material and own albums. Like no one really believes “Moves Like Jagger” was a hit because of her LOL

In the meantime Rihanna was having success with her features but also having success with her own solo music and albums at the same time proving and demonstrating that the power was actually on her. That’s why people never doubt Rihanna.
            None of your spiel is remotely relevant. Just you own biased interpretation. A feature is a feature.
            If it counts for one artist it counts for all artists.

Comment

Last top 5 as lead:

Last Grammy:

“She Will Be Loved” and “This Love” alone are bigger than any Xtina solo single from the 90s and 00s.

In fact, “She Will Be Loved” has over 737 million streams on Spotify while Xtina’s biggest solo songs “Genie” and “Beautiful” have 187 million and 186 million respectively.

Comment

Last top 5 as lead:

Last Grammy:

Last Top 5 as lead for a song that is featured in their own music albums.

Britney - 2011
                Xtina - 2006

Comment

If it counts for one artist it counts for all artists.
                  Exactly. I’m not counting any Rihanna or Xtina feature in my list. Because it’s a list about #1s as lead artists DUH

Comment

“She Will Be Loved” and “This Love” alone are bigger than any Xtina solo single from the 90s and 00s.

In fact, “She Will Be Loved” has over 737 million streams on Spotify while Xtina’s biggest solo songs “Genie” and “Beautiful” have 187 million and 186 million respectively.

Oh boy... I didn't mean their entire career.

Misery - 14
                    Give a Little More - 86
                    Never Gonna Leave This Bed - 55

*new edition* Re-issue bonus track

Moves Like Jagger, SMASH HIT TOP 1, 20M PURE SALES WW

Comment

• Last top 1 album in the UK:

mega smash hit album of the decade Bionic: 2010
                      Britney: error

Comment

Oh boy... I didn't mean their entire career.

Misery - 14
                        Give a Little More - 86
                        Never Gonna Leave This Bed - 55

*new edition* Re-issue bonus track

Moves Like Jagger, SMASH HIT TOP 1, 20M PURE SALES WW

In fact .. now that I’m checking “Moves Like Jagger” is not even one of their 5 most streamed tracks ... actually not even one of their 9 most streamed tracks .... it’s their 10th most streamed track.

And even “She Will Be Loved” has more streams than it.

Comment

Last top 1 album in the UK:

mega smash hit album of the decade Bionic: 2010
                          Britney: error

Last #1 album in France and Japan

Britney - 2004
                          Xtina - Error

Comment

• This is one of the most beautiful pop songs. Influences from around the world.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

In fact .. now that I’m checking “Moves Like Jagger” is not even one of their 5 most streamed tracks ... actually not even one of their 9 most streamed tracks .... it’s their 10th most streamed track. LOL

And even “She Will Be Loved” has more streams than it.
                              MLJ isn't Xtina's most streamed song, but outstreamed to every Britneys.

Comment

Exactly. I’m not counting any Rihanna or Xtina feature in my list. Because it’s a list about #1s as lead artists DUH
                                I wasn't talking specifically about your list, i specifically referenced where you referred to Love the way you lie as a "Rihanna" classic the other day.
                                It's interesting to me how you have no issue cherry picking criteria for your own list when you had a literal meltdown over me doing something similar with Top 40 solo hits in the US by a female.
                                Last edited by InFamous; Mon November 2, 2020, 23:57.

Comment

I wasn't talking specifically about your list, i specifically referenced where you referred to Love the way you live as a "Rihanna" classic the other day.
                                  It's interesting to me how you have no issue cherry picking criteria for your own list when you had a literal meltdown over me doing something similar with Top 40 solo hits in the US by a female.
                                  I think you’re obsessed with me. Lol

Comment

• Anyway congrats to Katy Perry as her second most discussed album of the year ( according to Metacritic) has been certified Gold in Norway.

Furthermore Katy is the only female artist this century to chart SIX SOLO songs from an album on the top 100 in the UK.
                                    Amazing.

Comment

I think I'm obsessed with you. Lol
                                      My notifications sure suggest that.

Comment

My notifications sure suggest that.
                                        Anyways at least Rihanna sang the chorus / main hook of “Love The Way You Lie” .... Xtina sings for what? 3 seconds in “Moves Like Jagger”? .. I know it’s credited and everything and yes it’s a #1 but that doesn’t mean I have to take Xtina’s input for that song seriously. LOL

Sorry not sorry.

Comment

Anyways at least Rihanna sang the chorus / main hook of “Love The Way You Lie” .... Xtina sings for what? 3 seconds in “Moves Like Jagger”? .. I know it’s credited and everything and yes it’s a #1 but that doesn’t mean I have to take Xtina’s input for that song seriously. LOL

Sorry not sorry.
                                          Weird that it came from a Britney fan who doesn't even sing on her own albums.

Comment

Damn you made me spill my coffee

Comment

Sorry not sorry.
                                              Even for you, this is a new low. If you find it so hard to discuss with anyone here, why are you even on a forum?
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Elvmu6EXIAADvvq?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpgElvmu9KXEAA83n9?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpgElvmvdGW0AAVIpY?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpgElvmvedXYAQT4ea?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpgElvmv8WX0AE6Elg?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpg
                                                Edition 2020. This is what I call impact. There is much more!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                                  This is one of the most beautiful pop songs. Influences from around the world.
                                                  Love it. Janet has so many great songs and so many stunning videos. I love how sweet she is in this.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Stop posting lies.

I feel like you don’t have the capacity to discuss without trolling.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X