• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Was it a hit though?
    #2 in my hole, #6 in your hole. Top 10 all over the world.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Dino made several points here. Invented sex and the gheys.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    This was the real start of popstitution. She literally climaxes in the song, especially on the 17-minute version of the song.
    Was it a hit though?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How about Chromatica?
    Babyg0rl Future Greater Albania exists

Last edited by aRat; Mon July 20, 2020, 22:59.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Ever since the Circus era ended no one has cared for Brittanny in general
    It depends on the market I’d say, in Europe sure (specially in Germany where she was literally over as soon as the “Circus” era ended) so it makes sense you perceive it that way.

However I’d argue about Latin America (and even North America) for some strange reason the “Femme Fatale” era was her most popular era since “In The Zone” over here in Latin America (it worked really well for her) and in North America she still had very healthy and viable radio relevance too around that time. Which is cool considering it was her 7th studio album.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

There will always be demand for sexy girls everywhere. Ever since Madonna invented popstitution it has been in huge demand and is the dominating market and completely replaced big voiced dull screaming divas
    This was the real start of popstitution. She literally climaxes in the song, especially on the 17-minute version of the song.
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Mon July 20, 2020, 22:51.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied

Hun you stan for a far right nationalist. Sit downE

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    The last successful album by a female act on a worldwide scale has been Billie Eilish's 'When We All Fall Asleep...',which spent multiple weeks at No. 1 and months in the top 10 of many countries. She's got that rebellious Avril Lavigne/Alanis Morissette image, which I think is what people like and I assume that at the moment, female acts with a 'sexy' image are just not what the public is into at the moment.
    How about Chromatica?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Neither Glory or Britney Jeans had a top 5 single either. Who cares?
    Ever since the Circus era ended no one has cared for Brittanny in general

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Neither Glory or Britney Jeans had a top 5 single either. Who cares?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Depends on the market I’d say .. here in Latin America all of these new sexy latina bombshells reggaeton girls are smashing like crazy every day on radio and massive streaming numbers.

Sexy girls will always be very welcomed in Latin America.
    There will always be demand for sexy girls everywhere. Ever since Madonna invented popstitution it has been in huge demand and is the dominating market and completely replaced big voiced dull screaming divas

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Agreed! Acts like Sarah Connor, Kerstin Ott or Andrea Berg are quite representative for what Germans like to listen to and I can't see them with the image they represent and the type of music they do being successful in e.g. the US or, as mentioned by MrLeonix , Latin America.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    That's quite a difference to Germany as sexy girls have a hard time doing well on the charts for a while as opposed to the ones with a 'mature' or 'edgy' image.
    Rihanna and Madonna are the most successful females though...

But yeah it's true for local german popstitutes for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Rihanna isn't that much better than Katy for me. Out of 8 albums, she only has 2 that aren't cringey start to finish. And neither of those two (Rated R & ANTI) are great albums. They're just good with some great songs on them.

Katy is... Well.
    Hun you stan for a far right nationalist. Sit downE

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    That's quite a difference to Germany as sexy girls have a hard time doing well on the charts for a while as opposed to the ones with a 'mature' or 'edgy' image.
    females in general are not liked here. Germany is such a sausage fest... but I love that somehow... but the dreadful rap-surge needs to dry up now... I cannot take the German singles charts seriously anymore.... not when there is 1 specific rapper racking up 20 #1's in 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    commented on 's reply
    That's true. It doesn't happen often, but there are a few eras that turn around with a late single (e.g. Maroon 5's last era).

• theMathematician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

I didn’t judge Smile’s success ... I said it doesn’t have a Top 5 hit single (which is true).
    what about the album has not been released yet, do you not understand? I'm the type of person who is hopeful that she can deliver a hit off that album.

If not, then the next one. You have already declared that era flop... I wonder if people were the same during TEOM.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    The last successful album by a female act on a worldwide scale has been Billie Eilish's 'When We All Fall Asleep...',which spent multiple weeks at No. 1 and months in the top 10 of many countries. She's got that rebellious Avril Lavigne/Alanis Morissette image, which I think is what people like and I assume that at the moment, female acts with a 'sexy' image are just not what the public is into at the moment.
    Depends on the market I’d say .. here in Latin America all of these new sexy latina bombshells reggaeton girls are smashing like crazy every day on radio and massive streaming numbers.

Sexy girls will always be very welcomed in Latin America.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

smile has not been released... u say u don't want to be unfair... and hear u judge a "not-yet-released" album for its success... lol.

Guess what... smile has sold 0 copies so far. omg... she is doing worse than Liam Payne. lol
    I didn’t judge Smile’s success ... I said it doesn’t have a Top 5 hit single (which is true).

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

That’s not truth. “Smile” doesn’t have one.
    smile has not been released... u say u don't want to be unfair... and hear u judge a "not-yet-released" album for its success... lol.

Guess what... smile has sold 0 copies so far. omg... she is doing worse than Liam Payne. lol

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    So far every studio album had a top 5 single.
    That’s not truth. “Smile” doesn’t have one.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Well who did it while pregnant during a global pandemic ? Only Katy.
    Right... Apart from those random rap albums... no female pop album was truly successful this year (so far)... Dua did decently, Gaga too... however... a smash, no that's not IT.

Let's pray that pregnant Katy can score a top 10 during this pandemic in order to "prove" that she is not a has-been... I mean if those top 20 / 40 chart entries can be completely ignored that is.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Katy Perry: H100

2008 - (23) - #1 - I Kissed A Girl
    2008 - (23) - #3 - Hit N Cold
    2009 - (24) - #29 - Thinking Of You
    2009 - (24) - #9 - Waking Up In Vegas
    2009 - (24) - #66 - Starstruck
    2009 - (25) - #37 - If We Ever Meet Again
    --
    2010 - (25) - #1 - California Girls
    2010 - (25) - #1 - Teenage Dream
    2010 - (26) - #1 - Firework
    2010 - (26) - #1 - E.T.
    2010 - (26) - #53 - Not Like The Movies
    2010 - (26) - #58 - Circle The Drain
    2011 - (26) - #1 - Last Friday Night
    2011 - (26) - #3 - The One That Got Away
    2012 - (27) - #1 - Part of Me
    2012 - (27) - #2 - Wide Awake
    2013 - (28) - #1 - Roar
    2013 - (28) - #14 - Unconditionally
    2013 - (28) - #34 - Walking on Air
    2013 - (29) - #1 - Dark Horse
    2013 - (29) - #48 - Who You Love
    2014 - (29) - #17 - Birthday
    2014 - (29) - #24 - This Is How We Do
    2016 - (31) - #11 - Rise
    2017 - (32) - #4 - Chained To The Rhythm
    2017 - (32) - #59 - Bon Appétit
    2017 - (32) - #46 - Swish Swish
    2017 - (32) - #20 - Feels
    2018 - (34) - #53 - Cozy Little Christmas
    2019 - (34) - #86 - 365
    2019 - (34) - #22 - Con Calma
    2019 - (34) - #15 - Never Really Over
    2019 - (34) - #81 - Small Talk
    --
    2020 - (35) - #40 - Daisies

So far every studio album had a top 5 single. I'm not sure... why she is even judged before her new album is released.

Can I just add, that Bon Appétit is still such a banger. I cannot understand why it did not become a #1 single. The production is ace.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X