No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling 1M pure is still possible for Beyoncé come on. It might take her a while to reach that milestone compared to Lemonade considering how dead pure sales are but she can make it. I’m mostly curious about how much Adele’s next album will sell in its first week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
      ^ I saw it on ATRL lol. But anyways, why are they acting like Ariana scoring a #1 album without bundles is some sort of huge achievement? Plenty of artists are able to debut at #1 without bundles and I’m pretty sure Bieber and Gaga would’ve gone #1 with or without bundles anyway lol.
      Hhmmmm I think you underestimate just how much bundles have skewed first week numbers for a LOT of artists. I think that is what they were more alluding to than the actual number one.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• ^It depends on the album campaign and the rollout. If it's like the last albums with delayed CDs and vinyls being available more than a year after (or not at all) and nearly no promo or just one single then 1m pure copies is out of reach these days.
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• I love Ariana but she's like the most overrated artist of the 2010s.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            I love Ariana but she's like the most overrated artist of the 2010s.
            What about Drake?
            Pro: freedom of speech
            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

What about Drake?
              I hate his music with a passion
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• in 2019... actor Luke Evans released an album - a cover album - and he sounds absolutely amazing. The talentry is real.
                My Chart

Comment

• The beauty, the skinny, the skanky. We luv to see it

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    in 2019... actor Luke Evans released an album - a cover album - and he sounds absolutely amazing. The talentry is real.
                    And he looks amazing in a speedo
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The music video for the song Miley / Dua come out at 2 am

7aaf6aeb8f9bea50a47202c0cd2dc120.jpg
                      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                        The music video for the song Miley / Dua come out at 2 am
                        Have you heard the snippet? Looks like Duanal and Molly can't do no wrong atm. A masterpiece is cumming I fear

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                          ^It depends on the album campaign and the rollout. If it's like the last albums with delayed CDs and vinyls being available more than a year after (or not at all) and nearly no promo or just one single then 1m pure copies is out of reach these days.
                          This. Like you have to do it Taylor Style to sell a million pure copies these days. Unless you're Adele. I will be surprised if Beyonce can sell like that in 2020 and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Have you heard the snippet? Looks like Duanal and Molly can't do no wrong atm. A masterpiece is cumming I fear
                            I've never listened to leaks. I'll take your word for it
                            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                              ^It depends on the album campaign and the rollout. If it's like the last albums with delayed CDs and vinyls being available more than a year after (or not at all) and nearly no promo or just one single then 1m pure copies is out of reach these days.
                              What did Lemonade sell in pure copies in the US total ?

Comment

• In retrospective, I like how the Pussycat Dolls handled their debut era back then:
                                Don't Cha - Oh, well just another of those US R&B girlbands.
                                Stickwitu - It's OK, but those are probably already the best 2 songs on the album.
                                Beep - WOW, didn't see that coming!
                                Buttons - Wait, that song is still coming from that album? I gotta have it asap !

I'm sure there haven't been many people buying the album because of 'I Don't Need a Man' or 'Wait a Minute', but they surely helped keeping the era, which is all you could ask for from a 5th and 6th single.

Comment

• Imo honest opinion. I think it'll be hard for her to sell 1m pure. She's been very active. Now if she had just did Coachella and released homecoming I would say for sure . But since then we got everything is love, the gift, black parade, savage remix. She honestly haven't gave people enough time to miss her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                    Imo honest opinion. I think it'll be hard for her to sell 1m pure. She's been very active. Now if she had just did Coachella and released homecoming I would say for sure . But since then we got everything is love, the gift, black parade, savage remix. She honestly haven't gave people enough time to miss her.
                                    She did things for people to remember her, but have any of those little projects been well-received by the mainstream?

Comment

Imo honest opinion. I think it'll be hard for her to sell 1m pure. She's been very active. Now if she had just did Coachella and released homecoming I would say for sure . But since then we got everything is love, the gift, black parade, savage remix. She honestly haven't gave people enough time to miss her.
                                      Most people have never even heard of the Gift come on The Hive, inculuding you, have been saying all the time that Beyonce will slay with her next studio project.. has there been a sudden change of heart ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Most people have never even heard of the Gift come on The Hive, inculuding you, have been saying all the time that Beyonce will slay with her next studio project.. has there been a sudden change of heart ?
                                        And she will. But it'll be 2021 or 2022 by then. Pure sales will decline drastically over the next year or 2.

Comment

She did things for people to remember her, but have any of those little projects been well-received by the mainstream?
                                          Black is king was. Savage remix was. Homecoming was. The gift & eil wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What did Lemonade sell in pure copies in the US total ?
                                            If I remember correctly, it was at 1,95 million copies in US a while back. Its pushing 2 million I believe.
                                            Diva!!!

Comment

Of course.

Beyoncé - 85/100 on Metacritic
                                              Lemonade - 92/100 on Metacritic
                                              Everything Is Love - 80/100 on Metacritic
                                              The Gift - 75/100 on Metacritic

Her Superbowl performance, recent tours and Coachella festival performance were all critically acclaimed.

And she received two Grammy Album Of The Year nominations in the last 5 years.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Black is king was. Savage remix was. Homecoming was. The gift & eil wasn't.
                                                Gurl Black is King spent two weeks on the hot 100. I think saying it was noticed by the mainstream in general is a bit of a stretch. Homecoming did well for a live album sure. Savage remix I dont think is really representative of Bey's solo power atm, the song was huge before she hopped on, this is NOT shade btw but its just true.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Of course.

Beyoncé - 85/100 on Metacritic
                                                  Lemonade - 92/100 on Metacritic
                                                  Everything Is Love - 80/100 on Metacritic
                                                  The Gift - 75/100 on Metacritic

Her Superbowl performance, recent tours and Coachella festival performance were all critically acclaimed.

And she received two Grammy Album Of The Year nominations in the last 5 years.
                                                  Metacritic scores nor critical acclaim nor indeed Grammy nominations have a single thing to do with the mainstream audiences, which is what theMathematician was actually talking about.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Thu November 19, 2020, 21:47.

Comment

• "Lemonade" and "Homecoming" both have over 600 million streams on Spotify. One of them is a live album and the other one was only added to Spotify last year. "EVERYTHING IS LOVE" has 419 million streams. She’s doing fine.
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                    X