No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Feminem insinuating GOAT was about him. That would literally be the only thing in the world that would stop me from listening to it ever again.

Comment

• Poor Mariah thinking she could actually beef with King Eminem
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Metacritic scores or critical acclaim or indeed Grammy nominations have a single thing to do with the mainstream audiences, which is what theMathematician was actually talking about.
        Both “Beyoncé” and “Lemonade” were greatly received by the masses. Billions of streams and great pure sales.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Both “Beyoncé” and “Lemonade” were greatly received by the masses. Billions of streams and great pure sales.
          Obviously. The conversation was since Lemonade.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            In retrospective, I like how the Pussycat Dolls handled their debut era back then:
            Don't Cha - Oh, well just another of those US R&B girlbands.
            Stickwitu - It's OK, but those are probably already the best 2 songs on the album.
            Beep - WOW, didn't see that coming!
            Buttons - Wait, that song is still coming from that album? I gotta have it asap !

I'm sure there haven't been many people buying the album because of 'I Don't Need a Man' or 'Wait a Minute', but they surely helped keeping the era, which is all you could ask for from a 5th and 6th single.
            I Don't Need A Man is the only song I added to my playlist. So yes, it didn't get me to buy the album, but it did make me listen to at least one of their songs.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• @RayRay: Their debut album has been solid with great singles and solid album tracks. I'd, however, recommend you to purchase the 2nd album - it's nice.

@InFamous: Exactly, I meant mainstream attention as in 'being present and cherished outside of her core fanbase' as it's been the case with Beyoncé during let's say the 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' era. I, indeed, was not talking about the critical reception.
              Pro: freedom of speech
              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Her self-titled album has over 2,2 billion streams and “Drunk In Love” was loved by the general public (and still getting solid recurrent numbers).
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  @RayRay: Their debut album has been solid with great singles and solid album tracks. I'd, however, recommend you to purchase the 2nd album - it's nice.

@InFamous: Exactly, I meant mainstream attention as in 'being present and cherished outside of her core fanbase' as it's been the case with Beyoncé during let's say the 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' era. I, indeed, was not talking about the critical reception.
                  It was incredibly obvious what you were talking about and also the timeframe ( that is since the "Lemonade era" ) - the side projects and non- album singles since.

Comment

• She hasn’t released a studio album since “Lemonade” ... so there’s not much to discuss.

Comment

• People are free to discuss what they like.

Comment

• Also, something does not have to be a studio album to be embraced by the mainstream so its actually irrelevant to the discussion whether or not something was a studio album. As discussed at length before " ASIB" by Lady Gaga is not a studio album and it was heavily embraced and had huge mainstream success. Fanbases just like to use this excuse of oh it was a side project when something flops, yet we all know it would have been embraced as that persons project it it had done well.

It will certainly be interesting to see Bey's solo power in the early years of this decade, when she does release her next studio album.
                        And indeed that of Rihanna and Adele.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                          Not Feminem insinuating GOAT was about him. That would literally be the only thing in the world that would stop me from listening to it ever again.
                          The Eminem lookalike in the video gives it away babes
                          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• As long as Bey’s next album opens with more than 50K sps units and charts for more than 4 weeks she’ll be fine.

Comment

• Beyoncé is a legend I think she’s past the point where she has to prove anything to anyone. And judging by her promo schedules she doesn’t even care anymore lol. It’s not fair to compare the performance of side projects to the performance of a studio album. I'm also 100% sure that whenever she comes back the hype will be gigantic and the album will be everywhere just like the last two albums. Just look at the hype that "Black Is King" had.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                Beyoncé is a legend I think she’s past the point where she has to prove anything to anyone. And judging by her promo schedules she doesn’t even care anymore lol. It’s not fair to compare the performance of side projects to the performance of a studio album. I'm also 100% sure that whenever she comes back the hype will be gigantic and the album will be everywhere just like the last two albums. Just look at the hype that "Black Is King" had.
                                Exactly Beyoncé already did a lot and earned her status in this industry. She has the right to afford flops now and do whatever she wants without any pressure.

Comment

• Beyonce still clearly has it in her. Savage Remix proved that if she releases something that is on trend sound wise she will still manage to score huge success. However she chooses to use her platform to spread her artistry and cultural vision instead while not caring at all about the commercial aspect. Most pop stars would have switched their sound immediately after a colossal flop like Spirit / The Gift. But not her. She is clearly thinking in a more longterm legacy and impact kind of way and it will pay off hugely I think.
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                    Beyonce still clearly has it in her. Savage Remix proved that if she releases something that is on trend sound wise she will still manage to score huge success. However she chooses to use her platform to spread her artistry and cultural vision instead while not caring at all about the commercial aspect. Most pop stars would have switched their sound immediately after a colossal flop like Spirit / The Gift. But not her. She is clearly thinking in a more longterm legacy and impact kind of way and it will pay off hugely I think.
                                    Wow.
                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• What happened to aRat ? Is it Corona?
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Wow.
                                        Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                        What happened to aRat ? Is it Corona?
                                        LOL I always thot that it was obvious that underneath the trolling there is nothing but luv and respecT for the 98 - OUT singer from me
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Just reading that Rihanna owns all her own masters - what a legend.

And also Ciara, randomly

Comment

Beyonce still clearly has it in her. Savage Remix proved that if she releases something that is on trend sound wise she will still manage to score huge success. However she chooses to use her platform to spread her artistry and cultural vision instead while not caring at all about the commercial aspect. Most pop stars would have switched their sound immediately after a colossal flop like Spirit / The Gift. But not her. She is clearly thinking in a more longterm legacy and impact kind of way and it will pay off hugely I think.
                                            Exactly, Beyoncé is a visionary, she stands for her art, an actual true artist and enigmatic performer. We’re talking about a future Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee here.

Beyoncé does her own thing.

Comment

• LOL nobody once questioned Beyonce's status, suggested that she had to "prove anything" or said anything deraogatory about her or her "side projects"

@Tlfan simply posed a question wondering if Beyonce's next studio album could potentially sell a million pure sales copies and people gave their opinions or possible thoughts on that. In the general music discussion thread no less.

Comment

• Let's be honest, only Adele and Taylor could sell 1m of albums (pure sales) SPS? Is Beyonce able to do this? Yes. Beyonce is talented. I appreciate that very much among artists. And no, not every mainstream artist is talented. For me, someone who is really talented has to make me WOW. She is the best performer of her generation.
                                                I mean... in this decade I hope some star will make a comeback ala Cher (I hope it will be Xtina, but I'm a realist)
                                                Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Exactly, Beyoncé is a visionary, she stands for her art, an actual true artist and enigmatic performer. We’re talking about a future Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee here.

Beyoncé does her own thing.
                                                  You had to ruin it by including that didn't you?
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

The Eminem lookalike in the video gives it away babes
                                                    I thot that was a jail escapee or something.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X