X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by Mugen View Post

Japan is one of the few markets where people still buy physical products in bulk, even with streaming, so I'm not surprised. He's also very popular in Japan. The physical single market is still healthy there, where you'll have boy and girl groups who can sell over a million copies for a couple songs. It's very impressive to me.
    Yeah, that's what I wrote a few posts above. Many Japanese and South Korean artists did very well last year, so not only the fans bought tons of records, the artists also have a clue about marketing instead of deciding to do nothing 'just' because there's a pandemic going on.
    Anyway, many Asian countries have handled the pandemic very well thus far, while the Western countries have decided to collapse because of it.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

BTS is #1 there. That tells me all about that lists credibility
    BTS sold like 10 million copies between South Korea, Japan and China. Their fans actually purchase their albums unlike some streaming stars.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Yeah I been knew that one.

Still uglee I mostly use male singers for their looks.

Not even in the 60s?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Stevie has some really great songs:

Superstition
    Used To Be
    Master Blaster Jammin'
    For Once In My Life
    Lately
    Isn't She Lovely
    Signed Sealed Delivered
    I Wish
    You and I
    Sir Duke

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    aRatchet, you probably know the one where he completely sold out, thus getting a #1 in everybody’s hole as a result.
    Yeah I been knew that one.

Still uglee I mostly use male singers for their looks.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    No Dua Lipa on IFPI Top 10 Artists of the Year

Taylor is at #2
    BTS is #1 there. That tells me all about that lists credibility

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    No Dua Lipa on IFPI Top 10 Artists of the Year

Taylor is at #2

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Absolutely. When you think most western pop artists are opening with less than 200k and a big portion of that from streaming it's v impressive. That album above is prob in the top ten for WW sales in 2020.
    Right. K-pop fans can be fanatic at times but they will buy physical releases for their favorite groups/soloists. It also helps that the packaging is very impressive compared to the average release from a western artist.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    aRatchet, you probably know the one where he completely sold out, thus getting a #1 in everybody’s hole as a result.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Mugen View Post

Japan is one of the few markets where people still buy physical products in bulk, even with streaming, so I'm not surprised. He's also very popular in Japan. The physical single market is still healthy there, where you'll have boy and girl groups who can sell over a million copies for a couple songs. It's very impressive to me.
    Absolutely. When you think most western pop artists are opening with less than 200k and a big portion of that from streaming it's v impressive. That album above is prob in the top ten for WW sales in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Ok but you have to know this, right aRatchet? Classik chocolate R&B songs tend to be more transcendent WW than classik chocolate rap songs.
    No I don't know it and it sounds abit Country music'd tbh

Also I always found Steve Wonder uglee tbh

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    The album that this came from sold over 1 million copies in its first week, who knew !!

Kenshi Yonezu - Stray Sheep

Time to start his base on UK Mix

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Ok but you have to know this, right aRatchet? Classik chocolate R&B songs tend to be more transcendent WW than classik chocolate rap songs.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    After listening to Bed, I decided to look up to see who the hell Joel Corry was and... wow, I am not disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The album that this came from sold over 1 million copies in its first week, who knew !!

Kenshi Yonezu - Stray Sheep

Time to start his base on UK Mix

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    In 2020, according to Mediatraffic the global No. 1 album was by artists of Asian descent in 28 out of 53 weeks (=53%). While it's true that a few gained popularity in Western countries (e.g. BTS or Blackpink), it seems they went through the last year with a more courageous attitude than Western artists who (apart from Dua Lipa and the Weeknd) mostly decided to go lowkey promowise and accepted selling less records along the way.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Well I mean he didnt hint at anything, he stated it as directly as it is possible to do so.

cheapthrills completely agree. Even on something like 34 35 I just roll my eyes when Ariana sings something like F&&K me till the daylight or whatever. Its like Ok CAN yall come up with something new.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I was mentioning to Akini the banality of mentioning oral in songs anymore- it's mentioned in so many song! It's lost any edginess it might have had awhile ago. idk maybe if you're in high school, it doesn't sound tired.
    'Erotica' was 'Erotica' because no one else was doing 'Erotica' back then. That pretty much sums up what you're trying to hint at.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I was mentioning to Akini the banality of mentioning oral in songs anymore- it's mentioned in so many song! It's lost any edginess it might have had awhile ago. idk maybe if you're in high school, it doesn't sound tired.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

The real kii is that it's not a double entendre at all. She was obvi always singing about sucking d**k and not praying.

The good sis always been a troll
    Mariah and honey also. Clearly about her getting showered with the good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind songs being less sexual. I mean yeah, sex is part of life and shouldn't be condemned if used in music, but then again, you can do it the cheap way or the classy way. What about other topics though: friendship, love, heartache, stress in the job, family, social/political issues...

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

What does she think the song "Deeper And Deeper" is about then?

Does she also think "Rain" is really about rain?
    I don’t think she knows those songs, she’s not really a Vadge stan either (she only listens to Motown and 70s-80s soul, songs that are pretty straightforward lyrically ). But LAP is such a pop staple that there’s no way you won’t come across it at some point. She’s a religious woman and the song has a spiritual/religious backdrop to it so. The last modern song she brought to my attention was Screechlicia’s No One.
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Wed March 3, 2021, 21:05.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Tell that to my mother who totally missed the point of the song and still thinks it’s about being one with Jesus.
    What does she think the song "Deeper And Deeper" is about then?

Does she also think "Rain" is really about rain?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

The real kii is that it's not a double entendre at all. She was obvi always singing about sucking d**k and not praying.

The good sis always been a troll
    Tell that to my mother who totally missed the point of the song and still thinks it’s about being one with Jesus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X