X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Not sure. The song's moved to #4 in the US this week and Bey wasn't credited this week, so I wonder if she's gonna be credited next week if/when it goes to #1. I think the rule is that the remix has to generate more points than the original for the featured artist to get credit.
    Yes the Remix has to have more than 50% of its total chart points. She wasn't credited when it moved to number 4 because the Remix was released wednesday afternoon. So it had a little more than 1day to contribute points. It was the reason it rose but had less than half the points. This week however the Remix is outstreaming the Original3:1, outselling 5:1 and probably has at least 20% of the airplay points meaning there is no way she is not going to be credited.

EDIT: I think Nicki won't be credited though on SaySo since the Original already had more than 100m airplay impressions and Nicki's is getting less streams the whole week
    Last edited by BeeBoy; Thu May 7, 2020, 08:29.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I thought you said you never listen to the radio anymore ?
    I don't. But those servicemen brought their own radio. Lots of working men do.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied

She is literally always on the radio. I swear to god I used to hear that horrid Walk me Home song five or six times a day in the office when it was out.
    Ah that's true. On my internship a few years ago the radio was on the entire day, and they always played her songs. That's why i never listened to her again, i just got so sick of it hearing those same songs everyday

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Anyone hear about the Feminem stalker that broke into his home?

I was lowkey hoping that was a lamb.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Is the Beyonce version the one that is going to no 1 ?
    Not sure. The song's moved to #4 in the US this week and Bey wasn't credited this week, so I wonder if she's gonna be credited next week if/when it goes to #1. I think the rule is that the remix has to generate more points than the original for the featured artist to get credit.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    I can't believe this is really about to happen next week. Three female rappers in the top two!

Is the Beyonce version the one that is going to no 1 ?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The funny part is that the album’s lead single “Hello” still smashed the sh*t out of the charts with billions of streams, over 10m sales and massive airplay.

Many people forget that despite her massive album sales she’s still a hitmaker too. “Rolling In The Deep”, “Someone Like You”, “Set Fire To The Rain” and “Hello” were HUGE global smashes.

correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t “Rolling In The Deep” even outsell Gaga’s “Poker Face” in USA?
    Yeah the lead singles and some others all smashed for her. I mean she even had minor hits with the other singles from 25. Send my Love went top 10.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Ugh this genius is the most talented man in music today.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    I can't believe this is really about to happen next week. Three female rappers in the top two!

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

When you can sell 22 million copies of an album in 2015 it doesnt really matter how your singles do. In fact its completely irrelevant.
    I dont think her next album will reach 20 million but she will probably still sell at least 10 million. When you can do that, singles are a formality.
    The funny part is that the album’s lead single “Hello” still smashed the sh*t out of the charts with billions of streams, over 10m sales and massive airplay.

Many people forget that despite her massive album sales she’s still a hitmaker too. “Rolling In The Deep”, “Someone Like You”, “Set Fire To The Rain” and “Hello” were HUGE global smashes.

correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t “Rolling In The Deep” even outsell Gaga’s “Poker Face” in USA?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Only a very small minority of people buy albums though, it's not a good way to measure success in the 21st century. Certain artists sell 2+ Million copies per album in this country, but 95% of the people could not care less.

You have to consider album sales, singles sales and streaming. Without albums, Adele barely scratches the Top 10.
    When you can sell 22 million copies of an album in 2015 it doesnt really matter how your singles do. In fact its completely irrelevant.
    I dont think her next album will reach 20 million but she will probably still sell at least 10 million. When you can do that, singles are a formality.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Interesting to read about other markets.

Mainstream wise in Latin America rock music is very important, anglo popstars are adored and reggaeton latin artists are the trend.

Bands like Queen, Metallica, The Beatles, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, etc have massive communities and following here. Also some latin / hispanic rock bands, particularly Soda Stereo who are perhaps the most legendary act ever across Latin America and whose frontman (Gustavo Cerati) has been a huge influence for latin artists including Shakira who cited him as an influence (he also wrote and produced a lot of songs for Shakira’s Fixation eras in 2005).

Regarding anglo Popstars there’s no doubt Michael Jackson, Madonna and Britney Spears have been idolized and extremely popular over here ... other ones like Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, etc have also achieved great popularity.

The reggaeton / urban latin boys are massive at the moment here: J Balvin, Ozuna, Bad Bunny, Daddy Yankee, Maluma, etc.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I heavily despise success comparisons between (female) artists because they lead nowhere in most cases, so I'd just like to add that Adele has also had success on the Singles Chart with e.g. both of her last two albums' lead singles. Whether she's more or less successful than other (female) artists is not a deciding factor when it comes to passing my next college exams, so I won't lose sleep on that.
    Last edited by theMathematician; Wed May 6, 2020, 23:43.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Adele has sold more albums than most the other girls combined. 21 is certified for having sold more than 1,6 million copies in Germany. 25 is certified for 1,2 million copies sold. And 19 is at 200,000 copies certified.

with 3,2 million units certified in albums sales, Miss Adele ranks top 10 among females including domestic acts.
    Only a very small minority of people buy albums though, it's not a good way to measure success in the 21st century. Certain artists sell 2+ Million copies per album in this country, but 95% of the people could not care less.

You have to consider album sales, singles sales and streaming. Without albums, Adele barely scratches the Top 10.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I agree... agressive sexual women are very much disliked in Germany. The only one who ... consistently got away with it was Madonna. If you have a moustache and hairy legs... as a female... Germania is your country.
    Kerstin Ott is a good example actually for an artist I could never imagine to do well in the US or the UK. She's as far away from Ariana Grande as you can probably get and Germans buy her albums in masses.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Right, always forget about her. She's a solid #3 or #4.
    And she knocks J.No out too!

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Adele has sold more albums than most the other girls combined. 21 is certified for having sold more than 1,6 million copies in Germany. 25 is certified for 1,2 million copies sold. And 19 is at 200,000 copies certified.

with 3,2 million units certified in albums sales, Miss Adele ranks top 10 among females including domestic acts.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I agree... agressive sexual women are very much disliked in Germany. The only one who ... consistently got away with it was Madonna. If you have a moustache and hairy legs... as a female... Germania is your country.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Adull?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Of course, all of them are popular and have scored hits in Germany. However, which of them have Germany as one of their major markets? I would say Nelly Furtado, P!nk and Amy MacDdonald. The others get their primary success from other countries and don't mind scoring a hit along the way in Germany as well.
    It's good that you mentioned Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa: Dua Lipa's first album charted in Germany for 5 weeks, in Australia for 83 weeks. Ariana Grande's 'thank u, next!' peaked at No. 3 in Germany, in Australia at No. 1 for 5 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Adull?

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    @Rihab: In Germany, female artists with a 'sexy' image tend to be less successful than in other countries. The Germans love ones with a tough and self-confident image and P!nk used to represent that. Same for acts like Amy MacDonald or Anastacia. That's why it's not considered 'embarassing' for a guy to admit to like her music in public.
    You keep saying that, but most of the biggest international female artists of the century sell sex. Top 10 list off the top of my head:

1. Rihanna
    2. Shakira
    3. Madonna
    4. Britney
    5. Nelly Furtado

6. P!nk
    7. Gaga
    8. Amy MacDonald
    9. Katy
    10. JLo

- 5 (the Top 4 + JLo) have never not sold sex
    - 2 (Nelly, Katy) sold sex with their biggest eras
    - 1 (Gaga) tries
    - 2 (P!nk, Amy) would pass as asexual

And the only 2 'new' girls who could join the list (Ariana, Dua) sell sex as well.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Stunning track, Christina Aguilera take a bow.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    theMathematician I think the funniest “Song about Britney” was this one:

Willa was a one hit wonder in USA around 2001 and the girl was really mad at Britney

.. that chorus:

“Tired of the blondes that look like me
    Tired of the people saying "Britney"
    Tired of the pop that should flop,
    That should never be on MTV
    And in your teen magazines”

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    It's a mystery to me how P!nk has managed to stay successful for so many years despite zero evolution in her sound.

It's especially surprising because she doesn't seem to have much of a base who's super excited about her. Do P!nk stans even exist? Somehow an ounce of interest from the gp is enough to keep her going.
    She is literally always on the radio. I swear to god I used to hear that horrid Walk me Home song five or six times a day in the office when it was out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X