Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theMathematician
    replied
    @InFamous: I don't mind Post Malone's success. One's benefit is another one's disadvantage: We used to have songs that didn't end as big hits in the books, but they increased quickly, got a nice top 10 peak, then dropped quickly. Those songs are struggling to reach the higher chart areas due to songs like 'Someone You Loved' or 'Circles' now.
    Same for Dua Lipa's recent singles, though that problem is a bit self-made: If people moved on from 'Don't Start Now' quicker, 'Break My Heart' would've had its time to shine. Is it charting higher than 'Don't Start Now' anywhere at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Which one of yall dusties made these?

The way Maria doesn't sound bad with good uptempo productions

Last edited by aRat; Sun May 3, 2020, 19:33.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Spirit, Brown Skin Girl & Mood 4 Eva
    Side Projects.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    On one hand, a chart without restrictions makes it easier to reflect a realistic view on what's popular and what isn't. Even if that means that an old song is more popular than more recent ones. On the other hand, a chart with slight restrictions would make the list a bit more lively and more songs actually have the chance to chart high instead of being held back by old songs. A quick turnover used to make the UK Singles Chart one of the worldwide most popular charts and in theory, Billboard Hot 100 tries to limit the influence of old songs by excluding recurrent ones once they drop below No. 50 and aren't actively promoted. In practise, Post Malone's 'Circles' is 8 months old and still in the top 10 there - so mission not accomplished.
    But why would you not have Post Malone still in the top ten, clearly the track is still hugely popular and deserves its place.
    But thats the thing with streaming, songs are kept afloat for a lot longer than they would have been in the past with sales.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Hips Tik Tok when I dance
    On thst demon time, she might start an OnlyFans
    Big B and that B stands for bands

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Yes it will after I send my well founded and rigorous 106 page long thesis on why old and recurrent songs should not be allowed to chart again to all chart companies. I have been working on it for 1,5 years and the chart companies will have no choice but to drop all older songs after they gag on reading my scientific theorems which disprove their eligibility to chart.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    On one hand, a chart without restrictions makes it easier to reflect a realistic view on what's popular and what isn't. Even if that means that an old song is more popular than more recent ones. On the other hand, a chart with slight restrictions would make the list a bit more lively and more songs actually have the chance to chart high instead of being held back by old songs. A quick turnover used to make the UK Singles Chart one of the worldwide most popular charts and in theory, Billboard Hot 100 tries to limit the influence of old songs by excluding recurrent ones once they drop below No. 50 and aren't actively promoted. In practise, Post Malone's 'Circles' is 8 months old and still in the top 10 there - so mission not accomplished.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What songs were these ? I only heard about the 98 OUT debacle .
    Spirit, Brown Skin Girl & Mood 4 Eva

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Yes it will after I send my well founded and rigorous 106 page long thesis on why old and recurrent songs should not be allowed to chart again to all chart companies. I have been working on it for 1,5 years and the chart companies will have no choice but to drop all older songs after they gag on reading my scientific theorems which disprove their eligibility to chart.
    Make sure to watch out for illegal activites that can also be reported to the chart companies.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I mean maybe just maybe people like the song that's all?

Why couldn't Beyonce have the same success with her last 3 solo songs that had the following chart runs: 98 - OUT, 76 - OUT and 90 - OUT ?
    What songs were these ? I only heard about the 98 OUT debacle .

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    I guess Christmas ended in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Btw aRatchet, BeeBoy, I didn’t know there was a show in y’alls hole that counted down the top 10 songs in my hole every week.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by jio View Post
    To be fair, the only thing Beyonce adds to the song is her name. The song was OK to begin with, it is still OK, it's not like she has elevated it to great or something...
    in your opinion

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Dust and Fresh side by side

Goldmoney thots?
    I guess Christmas ended in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    To be fair, the only thing Beyonce adds to the song is her name. The song was OK to begin with, it is still OK, it's not like she has elevated it to great or something...

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I wonder why the Original stalled at #8 beforehand from end of march until beginning of April and never went past 870k. It was down to #14 already, despite being a "well established" hit it also has yet to cross 100m streams. I guess all the people forgot about the hasbeen that is Beyonce and thought is a new rapper they need to check out. There is just no explanation for this doing good. Nicki Minji's Say So Remix is also smashing out the gate of course. EVERY remix to an established hit does well. It's only down 14 spots to #40 from its #26 peak yesterday. Same for the monstrous hit that was the Bad Guy Remix with Justine Biebs. Everyone could do this
    I mean maybe just maybe people like the song that's all?

Why couldn't Beyonce have the same success with her last 3 solo songs that had the following chart runs: 98 - OUT, 76 - OUT and 90 - OUT ?

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I wonder why the Original stalled at #8 beforehand from end of march until beginning of April and never went past 870k. It was down to #14 already, despite being a "well established" hit it also has yet to cross 100m streams. I guess all the people forgot about the hasbeen that is Beyonce and thought is a new rapper they need to check out. There is just no explanation for this doing good. Nicki Minji's Say So Remix is also smashing out the gate of course. EVERY remix to an established hit does well. It's only down 14 spots to #40 from its #26 peak yesterday. Same for the monstrous hit that was the Bad Guy Remix with Justine Biebs. Everyone could do this

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Biggest female daily plays in Spotify US this year:

#1. 2,227,130 Billie Eilish 1st day No Time To Die

#2. 1,772,566 Megan and Beyoncé 1st full day Savage Remix

#3. 1,735,138 Megan and Beyoncé 2nd day Savage Remix

#4. 1,526,702 Lady Gaga 1st day Stupid Love

#5. 1,508,060 Megan and Beyonce 3rd day Savage Remix

aRat Thots? Megan​​​​​​​ surely did that
    Ofc Megan did that. Just like Ed did that with Perfect & J Balvin did that with Mi Gente. There clearly is a pattern here.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Biggest female daily plays in Spotify US this year:

#1. 2,227,130 Billie Eilish 1st day No Time To Die

#2. 1,772,566 Megan and Beyoncé 1st full day Savage Remix

#3. 1,735,138 Megan and Beyoncé 2nd day Savage Remix

#4. 1,526,702 Lady Gaga 1st day Stupid Love

#5. 1,508,060 Megan and Beyonce 3rd day Savage Remix

aRat Thots? Megan​​​​​​​ surely did that

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Gwen Stefani is over 50?

i thought she was like 32 or something
    Yes Gwen looks amazing.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Dust and Fresh side by side

Goldmoney thots?
    I think this list should be on consecutive weeks only.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied

Gwen Stefani is over 50?

Yeah she released Don't Speak when she was 9

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Gwen Stefani is in the Billboard top 20? I didn't know that. I wonder who was the last woman over 50 to make it that far. Madonna?
    Gwen Stefani is over 50?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Let's be real this is the truth, no one saw music related to the LK flopping. But it did the Original Soundtrack flopped even harder than the gift That's something every fandom would do and not exclusive to the Hive. It's a clear sign people just weren't interested. Only the hardcore stans and casual fans on music forums were checking it out. That's usually the case for side projects if a song doesn't take off. The thing is if an album like this flops though it's no indication that people are over the artist that curated the album. Rappers do tons of collab albums as well for example which sell less than 100k first week and then go ahead and do triple on solo projects. Lil Wayne is a good example as well. His Tha Carter albums still sell north of 400k while his side projects flop. I know this is stan culture lingo but everyone writing Bey off because a Live album (relased wednesday) and a curated Soundtrack album to a movie which is a remake and therefore already has two Original Scores and a joint (released Sunday with over 120k) didn't debut at number one is delulu.
    Thank you.
    And of course the performance of these albums have no significance to her next solo release. I certainly never said she was over because of how those albums performed.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Gwen Stefani is in the Billboard top 20? I didn't know that. I wonder who was the last woman over 50 to make it that far. Madonna?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X