Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I wonder if Don't Start Now can last like that here. I think Billie Eilish holds the record for women on Billboard.

EDIT: I just looked. It's Leann Rimes who has the solo woman record

Also, the way Mimi's song comes back every year, Dua is going to need to pad her lead.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Dust and Fresh side by side

Goldmoney thots?

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Of course I will, not gonna let you get through with the delusion

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Can't argue with these lazy bitches I just raise my price
    Yet you always jump on the defense

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Can't argue with these lazy bitches I just raise my price

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

The audacity to compare the queen to BeeBoy's flop fave, I-

It's the perfect analogy IMO since Hilarity is also all hype but no sales / hits

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post
    I will never understand why she did another tour and album with Jay. None of us fans asked for it. I feel like he convinced her to sign some shady contract, that truly only benefited him. He pulled a Bobby Brown simply because his wife was outshining his ass. Yes Forbes ranks him as a billionaire nowadays, but when it comes to the yearly earnings, she is the true bread winner. I can guarantee she has just as much, if not more money in the bank than he does.
    Music biz is not as lucrative these days as the fashion/make-up industry (cue Yeezy or Rihanna's business ventures)

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

None of what you have been repeating for the last 84 years changes the fact that Beyonce fans only started labelling it as a side project AFTER it flopped.
    Let's be real this is the truth, no one saw music related to the LK flopping. But it did the Original Soundtrack flopped even harder than the gift That's something every fandom would do and not exclusive to the Hive. It's a clear sign people just weren't interested. Only the hardcore stans and casual fans on music forums were checking it out. That's usually the case for side projects if a song doesn't take off. The thing is if an album like this flops though it's no indication that people are over the artist that curated the album. Rappers do tons of collab albums as well for example which sell less than 100k first week and then go ahead and do triple on solo projects. Lil Wayne is a good example as well. His Tha Carter albums still sell north of 400k while his side projects flop. I know this is stan culture lingo but everyone writing Bey off because a Live album (relased wednesday) and a curated Soundtrack album to a movie which is a remake and therefore already has two Original Scores and a joint (released Sunday with over 120k) didn't debut at number one is delulu.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I will never understand why she did another tour and album with Jay. None of us fans asked for it. I feel like he convinced her to sign some shady contract, that truly only benefited him. He pulled a Bobby Brown simply because his wife was outshining his ass. Yes Forbes ranks him as a billionaire nowadays, but when it comes to the yearly earnings, she is the true bread winner. I can guarantee she has just as much, if not more money in the bank than he does.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

A soundtrack album can qualify as a side album too as it’s not part of the main studio albums.

The thing is that “The Gift” is NOT the official soundtrack album of the movie. “The Lion King: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack” was released on July 10, 2019 and featured songs by Various Artists (Beyoncé, Elton John, Lebo M and Hans Zimmer among them), that’s the soundtrack album and it is not related to “The Gift” .... “The Gift” was a special album by Beyoncé inspired by the project and none of the songs included on it (except for “Spirit”) appear in the movie.
    None of what you have been repeating for the last 84 years changes the fact that Beyonce fans only started labelling it as a side project AFTER it flopped.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post
    An artist will simply have eras that do well and some that don't. I think that the industry has become more like the 60s and 70s than the 80s and 90s.

Many top artists of the 60s and 70s released albums and not all of them sold well or had hits. Plus, singles dominated the industry during those the 60s/70s. Diana Ross, Barbra, and Aretha are great examples of this. Some of their albums flopped, some did very well. But these women were not counted out. Diana actually had her biggest success during the early eighties, despite starting in 1970 (solo).

During the 80s/90s, it was rare for a popular artist to have an album that did not get a multiplatinum cert. If an artist album did not hit multiplatinum, that was pretty much a sign that the artist would no longer have major chart success or at least not like they've previously had.

That is why I never cared for the comeback titles for Britney and Gaga. They were still young women with only a few albums under their belts.

I feel like the industry is now how it was during the 60s/70s. Singles will do well, albums will do okay. But everyone will have a chance to redeem themselves if an era is not successful. Bey had a few non-successful moments and not only do I hope she learned her lesson, but she is far from over (unless she wants to be).

My opinion on the industry today!
    Exactly, flopping was not seen as a big deal in the older days. If you flopped, so what, just get back in and move on to the next thing. Cher, Aretha, Dionne, Barbra off the top of my head are all great examples of this, who had flop albums and hit albums in the 70's and 80's.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

It's not a side album, its a soundtrack by Beyonce. This "side album" phrase was literally invented by fans. Before it flopped it was Beyonce's The Lion King, after it flopped it was somehow a side project by various artists.
    And why are you listing out everyone's studio albums as if I don't know what a studio album is. LOL.
    A soundtrack album can qualify as a side album too as it’s not part of the main studio albums.

The thing is that “The Gift” is NOT the official soundtrack album of the movie. “The Lion King: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack” was released on July 10, 2019 and featured songs by Various Artists (Beyoncé, Elton John, Lebo M and Hans Zimmer among them), that’s the soundtrack album and it is not related to “The Gift” .... “The Gift” was a special album by Beyoncé inspired by the project and none of the songs included on it (except for “Spirit”) appear in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

But it is a side album (that doesn’t mean it isn’t her album when people claim that - it is her album, just not one of her main ones)

Her studio albums are:

1) Dangerously In Love
    2) B’Day
    3) I Am .. Sasha Fierce
    4) 4
    5) Beyoncé
    6) Lemonade

And all of them have succeeded. Beyoncé is yet to flop with a proper studio album

”The Gift” is a Beyoncé album that turns out to be a side release to her studio albums, and yes it flopped.
    It's not a side album, its a soundtrack by Beyonce. This "side album" phrase was literally invented by fans. Before it flopped it was Beyonce's The Lion King, after it flopped it was somehow a side project by various artists.
    And why are you listing out everyone's studio albums as if I don't know what a studio album is. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    An artist will simply have eras that do well and some that don't. I think that the industry has become more like the 60s and 70s than the 80s and 90s.

Many top artists of the 60s and 70s released albums and not all of them sold well or had hits. Plus, singles dominated the industry during those the 60s/70s. Diana Ross, Barbra, and Aretha are great examples of this. Some of their albums flopped, some did very well. But these women were not counted out. Diana actually had her biggest success during the early eighties, despite starting in 1970 (solo).

During the 80s/90s, it was rare for a popular artist to have an album that did not get a multiplatinum cert. If an artist album did not hit multiplatinum, that was pretty much a sign that the artist would no longer have major chart success or at least not like they've previously had.

That is why I never cared for the comeback titles for Britney and Gaga. They were still young women with only a few albums under their belts.

I feel like the industry is now how it was during the 60s/70s. Singles will do well, albums will do okay. But everyone will have a chance to redeem themselves if an era is not successful. Bey had a few non-successful moments and not only do I hope she learned her lesson, but she is far from over (unless she wants to be).

My opinion on the industry today!
    Last edited by TIfan; Sun May 3, 2020, 01:53.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

No, that was not my original point. Please point out to me where I ever said that The Gift was a studio album? I have literally seen Bey fans claiming that The Gift is not her album. My initial point was, and I have not changed it, is that the Hive only starting claiming the gift as a side project once it flopped. I never mentioned studio albums or soundtracks, it was you who somehow took it there because I never mentioned the words studio album or soundtrack in my initial point.
    I know perfectly well the difference between a studio album and a soundtrack.
    But it is a side album (that doesn’t mean it isn’t her album when people claim that - it is her album, just not one of her main ones)

Her studio albums are:

1) Dangerously In Love
    2) B’Day
    3) I Am .. Sasha Fierce
    4) 4
    5) Beyoncé
    6) Lemonade

And all of them have succeeded. Beyoncé is yet to flop with a proper studio album

”The Gift” is a Beyoncé album that turns out to be a side release to her studio albums, and yes it flopped.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I feel the same. You’re just saying anything to support your argument when in reality the original point was always that “The Gift” or “The Bodyguard” are NOT studio albums, they’re not #B7 or #WH4

There’s nothing wrong with Beyoncé’s fans on not saying “The Gift” is one of her proper studio albums because it isn’t
    No, that was not my original point. Please point out to me where I ever said that The Gift was a studio album? I have literally seen Bey fans claiming that The Gift is not her album. My initial point was, and I have not changed it, is that the Hive only starting claiming the gift as a side project once it flopped. I never mentioned studio albums or soundtracks, it was you who somehow took it there because I never mentioned the words studio album or soundtrack in my initial point.
    I know perfectly well the difference between a studio album and a soundtrack.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

You have literally changed completely what I said. I never once said that a soundtrack and a studio album are the same thing. You literally just got that out of nowhere to support your argument.
    I feel the same. You’re just saying anything to support your argument when in reality the original point was always that “The Gift” or “The Bodyguard” are NOT studio albums, they’re not #B7 or #WH4

There’s nothing wrong with Beyoncé’s fans on not saying “The Gift” is one of her proper studio albums because it isn’t

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I’ve seen fans and everyone (and even I) saying it’s a Whitney album but I’ve never seen any Whitney fan saying it’s one of her studio albums though.
    You have literally changed completely what I said. I never once said that a soundtrack and a studio album are the same thing. You literally just got that out of nowhere to support your argument.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Whitney Houston studio albums are:

1. Whitney Houston
    2. Whitney
    3. I’m Your Baby Tonight
    4. My Love Is Your Love
    5. Just Whitney
    6. One Wish: The Holiday Album
    7. I Look To You

”The Bodyguard” wasn’t #WH4 and it’s always been a soundtrack album. Things are what they are, her fans know that too (and have no issue with it), and it dowsn’t mean it isn’t a Whitney album either, it is a Whitney album just not one of her studio ones.

Simple.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

In this case I have to agree, I have never seen or heard a single Whitney fan refer to The Bodyguard as anything except a Whitney album and none of them have ever used the term "side project" when talking about it .
    I’ve seen fans and everyone (and even I) saying it’s a Whitney album but I’ve never seen any Whitney fan saying it’s one of her studio albums though.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Most Whitney fans do call The Bodyguard a Whitney album, not a side album though. I've been on a Whitney forum for years and lots of fans got mad when anyone dared say it wasn't a Whitney album.
    In this case I have to agree, I have never seen or heard a single Whitney fan refer to The Bodyguard as anything except a Whitney album and none of them have ever used the term "side project" when talking about it .

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

There was some debate about that at the time of release. I don't remember exactly it was but it missed out on some award because Billboard did not class it as a Whitney album at the time but then later decided it was her album.
    Also you have the breakdown of the Bodyguard wrong. Whitney sings on 6 of the 12 tracks and the 13th is just the theme and it's an instrumental.
    Yeah the debate about the "Various Artists" thing went for several years.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Also let's not confuse here, the long time debate about whether Whitney's "The Bodyguard" belongs to her discography or not has NOTHING to do with it being a side project or not being a studio album. It has to do with a completely different issue that is not related to what InFamous and I were discussing.

Many people have criticized "The Bodyguard" as a Whitney album because she doesn't sing all the songs on it, in fact 8 out of the 13 songs on the album are NOT performed by Whitney Houston prompting some people to classify the soundtrack as a "Various Artists" album and saying that it isn't appropiate to name it a Whitney Houston album due to her lack of participation. And that's what her fans have been fighting about for years.
    There was some debate about that at the time of release. I don't remember exactly it was but it missed out on some award because Billboard did not class it as a Whitney album at the time but then later decided it was her album.
    Also you have the breakdown of the Bodyguard wrong. Whitney sings on 6 of the 12 tracks and the 13th is just the theme and it's an instrumental.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    FADua Lapras

Leave a comment:

Working...
X