Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
    From Billboard:

“Interestingly, not only does Jacob Collier's Djesse, Vol. 3 then become the first album in Grammy history to receive an album of the year nomination before making the Billboard 200, but Black Pumas' self-titled album comes just one spot away from sharing the honors -- the deluxe edition of their debut bowed at No. 200 on the chart dated Oct. 24, 2020, falling off the listing altogether the next week.”

Most random AOTY nominations ever...
    The AOTY noms were set up so Tayloo could sweep. It's clear as day that she is taken that one again
    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      Well, if The Weeknd thinks Grammys are corrupt, he shouldn't submit any of his work in the future. Maybe one by one artists will join him and that might force Grammys to re-consider their voting system.
      Did Halsey submit Manic for anything this year ?

Comment

Well, if The Weeknd thinks Grammys are corrupt, he shouldn't submit any of his work in the future. Maybe one by one artists will join him and that might force Grammys to re-consider their voting system.
        I am screaming at Beyonce shading them these last years but then submitting everything she has released to a million categories.
        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

1 Million likes and 250k replies, Grammys cancelled.
          The similar instagram post has over 2M

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
            of course Twitter confusing Maradona with Madonna

What happened?
            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Did Halsey submit Manic for anything this year ?
              Don't know, people probably didn't care enough to leak her submissions i guess
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

What happened?
                Maradona died and people read it as Madonna died

Madonna will outlive all the popstitutes.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

From Billboard:

“Interestingly, not only does Jacob Collier's Djesse, Vol. 3 then become the first album in Grammy history to receive an album of the year nomination before making the Billboard 200, but Black Pumas' self-titled album comes just one spot away from sharing the honors -- the deluxe edition of their debut bowed at No. 200 on the chart dated Oct. 24, 2020, falling off the listing altogether the next week.”

Well, commercial success does not say anything about an album's quality. Does barely making the chart make these albums inadequate to get nominated in that category? Back in 2011, Esperanza Spalding had had yet to reach the top 100, while Drake or Justin Bieber had reached the top 10. Obviously, the latter two are commercially more relevant, but does that alone mean that Spalding hasn't deserved the award?

Comment

• Katheryn's man looking like a thique snack. Also we know from evidence that he has a very nice D.

InFamous your fave lost on the charts but dayum she won in lyf
                    98 - OUT

Comment

the labels submit things... not the act per se... because the Grammys are a promotional tool and nothing else.
                      My Chart

Comment

• So the SuperBowl dispute is a lie? Why would. He be planning a performance otherwise?
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• I think the Recording Academy is vicious and only serves its own interests... publicity... it's always good news for them to shun popular recording artists such as Mariah, Queen, David Bowie and now... The Weeknd.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

So the SuperBowl dispute is a lie? Why would. He be planning a performance otherwise?
                            Grammys wanted exclusivity. They are mad The Weeknd is obviously going to focus more of his time, publicity, effort, etc to another event (SB) and that his Grammy performance was not ever going to be as epic as the SB.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

From Billboard:

Not to mention all the #98 - OUT fads nominated for ROTY and various other categories.

I demand a recount.

Comment

Not to mention all the #98 - OUT fads nominated for ROTY and various other categories.

I demand a recount.
                                The funny part is that jokes aside Beyoncé might even win several of her categories (I think she has all of those R&B and video categories on lock for a win).

Regarding the main ones. IMO the Record Of The Year win is up to “Don’t Start Now” and “Savage Remix” ... while “Black Parade” stands strong for Song Of The Year.
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Wait... Is Blue Ivy nominated for a Grammy?
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                    Wait... Is Blue Ivy nominated for a Grammy?
                                    She got nominated for her participation on 'Beyoncé' back in the day. Wasn't she featured on her father's album back then as well?

MrLeonix : I can't imagine Record of the Year going to a song with a chorus like this:
                                    I'm a savage (yeah)
                                    Classy, bougie, ratchet (yeah)
                                    Sassy, moody, nasty (hey, hey, yeah)
                                    Acting stupid, what's happening? Bitch (whoa, whoa)
                                    What's happening? Bitch (whoa, whoa)
                                    Last edited by theMathematician; Wed November 25, 2020, 19:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

She got nominated for her participation on 'Beyoncé' back in the day. Wasn't she featured on her father's album back then as well?

@MrLeonix: I can't imagine Record of the Year going to a song with a chorus like this:
                                      I'm a savage (yeah)
                                      Classy, bougie, ratchet (yeah)
                                      Sassy, moody, nasty (hey, hey, yeah)
                                      Acting stupid, what's happening? Bitch (whoa, whoa)
                                      What's happening? Bitch (whoa, whoa)
                                      Well.. I never imagined a song like Meghan Trainor’s “All About That Bass” getting a Record Of The Year nomination either ... so don’t take Grammys that seriously ... they’re not the Oscars.

Comment

• DSN is taking SOTY or ROTY IMO while Tayloo is winning AOTY.
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                          DSN is taking SOTY or ROTY IMO while Tayloo is winning AOTY.
                                          IMO Dua is taking AOTY.

Comment

• MrLeonix : Well, 'All About That Bass' is about body positivity and she's not using any swear words * on it. You may want to explain in what way 'Savage' and 'All About that Bass' are comparable ;) .

I expect AOTY to go to Dua Lipa as well, though I wouldn't mind one of the underdogs getting it either. Dua Lipa's album actually has the whole package with it being commercially relevant, having got universal critical acclaim and being quite impactful with that disco sound.

* I looked up the lyrics and there are a few swear words. I'd still say that they are insignificant compared to 'Savage' ;) .
                                            Last edited by theMathematician; Wed November 25, 2020, 19:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              MrLeonix : Well, 'All About That Bass' is about body positivity and she's not using any swear words on it. You may want to explain in what way 'Savage' and 'All About that Bass' are comparable ;) ..
                                              No. I don’t want to.

Comment

I demand a recount.
                                                Tbh Weeknd should have gotten all the noms Fraudce got instead

98 - OUT

Comment

• Wow I just found out Queen & ABBA never won any Grammys. ABBA was never even nominated.

Grammys re-cancelled!

98 - OUT

Comment

• If After Hours should have replaced any album in AOTY category it should have been Dua. Hers is a cute pop album but AOTY come on. It's half filler.
                                                    Although admittedly I haven't heard of half the people in that category

Comment

Working...
                                                    X