Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

She got nominated for her participation on 'Beyoncé' back in the day. Wasn't she featured on her father's album back then as well?

MrLeonix : I can't imagine Record of the Year going to a song with a chorus like this:
    I'm a savage (yeah)
    Classy, bougie, ratchet (yeah)
    Sassy, moody, nasty (hey, hey, yeah)
    Acting stupid, what's happening? Bitch (whoa, whoa)
    What's happening? Bitch (whoa, whoa)
    You posted this in another thread and the lyrics are irrelevant. It's not a poetry competition. Nor does it matter if the song has swear words.
    Didn't Billie win song of the year and record of the year and the chorus is just " I'm a bad guy... DUH.. dance break "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      If After Hours should have replaced any album in AOTY category it should have been Dua. Hers is a cute pop album but AOTY come on. It's half filler.
      Although admittedly I haven't heard of half the people in that category
      Suffer hihi

Future Grammy Winner is the modern day Teenage Dream just in qualitea
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
        Katheryn's man looking like a thique snack. Also we know from evidence that he has a very nice D.

InFamous your fave lost on the charts but dayum she won in lyf
        Two solo top 40 hits, a no 1 remix in Spain*, the Coca Cola collaboration, the album number one in 25 countries* and getting into bed with that stud every night. Gurl Katy is winning every damn day, that a$s

*itunes

Comment

• Dua Lipa will be on SNL on December 19, thots? aRat
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Good to see Phoebe Bridgers get some noms, I enjoyed her album and will be rooting for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Dua Lipa will be on SNL on December 19, thots? aRat
              Hopefully she performs PhysiGOD as originally planned and then the song takes off in the US with the help of a bit of heavy payola. A dream literally a dream.
              98 - OUT

Comment

Hopefully she performs PhysiGOD as originally planned and then the song takes off in the US with the help of a bit of heavy payola. A dream literally a dream.
                She said in an interview that she'll shoot a video for one of the songs on FN B Sides album soon.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Ugh let that song die already. She should prefer something fresh like "Cool"

Comment

Ugh let that song die already. She should prefer something fresh like "Cool"
                    Aren't you the one who likes to highlight that 'Physical' hasn't been a US single yet? In that case, many US Americans haven't heard it yet and may actually like it ;) .

Comment

That's a lie. I was walking down the street today and I heard four different people humming Black Parade and anothe girl singing it to herself. It had massive impact.
                      The way I tried to tell y'all

Comment

Aren't you the one who likes to highlight that 'Physical' hasn't been a US single yet? In that case, many US Americans haven't heard it yet and may actually like it ;) .
                        It's nothing to do with me highlighting anything, it hasn't been a single. I think I have said that twice, generally in response to you claiming it was a single. That is just fact. I'm saying it cos I thnk it's a crap song and I hate it. It literally goes nowhere, the verses and chorus are the same. It already got a cute peak of no 60 or whatever. That's enough for it. If she wanted to release Physical as a proper single in the US she should have done it at the same time as it's release in the UK. IT makes no sense doing it now.

Comment

• It was a single in Europe, I never claimed it was in the US. And yeah, I don't see a problem with regional singles. The fans and music/chart enthusiasts will know that it's been a single elsewhere, the vast mainstream has no clue about that ;) .

Comment

It was a single in Europe, I never claimed it was in the US. And yeah, I don't see a problem with regional singles. The fans and music/chart enthusiasts will know that it's been a single elsewhere, the vast mainstream has no clue about that ;) .
                            I am perfectly aware it was a single in Europe and never claimed otherwize. Have you purchased Future Nostalgia btw ?

Comment

I am perfectly aware it was a single in Europe and never claimed otherwize. Have you purchased Future Nostalgia btw ?
                              Not yet. I wait for the deluxe edition or whatever it will end up. Maybe I'll be one of the people who will lead to the big chart surge after the Grammys 2021. I did the same with Billie Eilish's record and haven't regretted taking my time until I bought it ;) .

Comment

Not yet. I wait for the deluxe edition or whatever it will end up. Maybe I'll be one of the people who will lead to the big chart surge after the Grammys 2021. I did the same with Billie Eilish's record and haven't regretted taking my time until I bought it ;) .
                                So have you snuck a listen to the remaining tracks on youtube or is your discussion of the album limited to just having heard the singles on German radio ?

Comment

So have you snuck a listen to the remaining tracks on youtube or is your discussion of the album limited to just having heard the singles on German radio ?
                                  Why do I need to listen to the album to judge its potential to win at the Grammys? I'm not part of the committee anyway...

Comment

• DUALIPA is already working on her third album!

[@KKBOX] “’I’ve already started thinking about my third album, especially because there’s no touring at the moment. I’m just gonna start writing and I’m just gonna see where it takes me.”
                                    This bitch never sleeps I swear. I wish I had even half her ambition and work ethic
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Why do I need to listen to the album to judge its potential to win at the Grammys? I'm not part of the committee anyway...
                                      What ? I was going to ask you what were your fave tracks from the non singles. But seeing as you have not heard them I can't.

No idea what your spiel about being part of the Grammy committee was about.

Comment

This bitch never sleeps I swear. I wish I had even half her ambition and work ethic
                                        I don't blame her. She knows indie status is two years away, max

Comment

• I will inform you by the time I'll buy the album, which will either be after the release of the deluxe edition or after the Grammys.

Comment

I will inform you by the time I'll buy the album, which will either be after the release of the deluxe edition or after the Grammys.
                                            It's fine. I wont have any interest in talking about a 2019 album by then. Enjoy

Comment

It's fine. I wont have any interest in talking about a 2019 album by then. Enjoy
                                              Really? I still love to talk about albums that are much older than that ^^ . But each to their own, of course ;) .

Comment

Really? I still love to talk about albums that are much older than that ^^ . But each to their own, of course ;) .
                                                I recommend that you navigate immediately to youtube.com, type Dua Lipa Cool into the search box, and press play on the first result. Oh imagine the joy of hearing Cool for the first time.

Comment

• I recommend that you listen to Vanessa Mai or Ilse deLange then ^^ .

Comment

• No thanks, I'll stick to Cool

Oh the pop perfection Almost as good by the gold standard Tucked by Katy Perry

Comment

Working...
                                                    X