Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

LOL this, I think that guy had like one semi successful Grammy acclaimed era before fading into obscurity.
    I'm not surprised Gaymix thinks like this. Blonde has 160 chartring weeks on BB
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Hero, My All, Butterfly, Vision Of Love, Without You are really as ghetto as R&B gets
        Not you using ST and Granny Box songs as examples.

Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

+ Wedding Song & All I Want For Xmas

GOAT is ghetto R&B with some pop influences sprinkled in. It sounded exactly like the music black radio was playing in the early 2000s otherwise they wouldn’t have touched it. Didn’t I make that clear already?

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            Not you using ST and Granny Box songs as examples.

I know damn well she has other tracks Goldboo ( I would even let you have WBT for that) but you claimed she is only ghetto r&b when she clearly loves emo r&B more than Frank

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I'm not surprised Gaymix thinks like this. Blonde has 160 chartring weeks on BB
              Blonde was the one successful era of which I was speaking though.
              How did the follow up do ?

Comment

• that's why I love Eurovision, the craziest unthinkable outlandish concepts...Viking Dance Pop? Can your faves do this?
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I know damn well she has other tracks Goldboo ( I would even let you have WBT for that) but you claimed she is only ghetto r&b when she clearly loves emo r&B more than Frank

What emo R&B song has Kween recorded?

Comment

GOAT is ghetto R&B with some pop influences sprinkled in. It sounded exactly like the music black radio was playing in the early 2000s otherwise they wouldn’t have touched it. Didn’t I make that clear already?

I'll give you GODbsessed but not Wedding Song.
                    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Don’t put that on your life, sis.

Here we have an ex goon being schooled by Kween.

Some people would say anything for a feature.

Comment

Blonde was the one successful era of which I was speaking though.
                        How did the follow up do ?
                        It's his latest alberm sweaty.
                        he had Channel Orange before that (which won at the Grammies and has Lost and Thinking Bout You on it). That's the T
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

What emo R&B song has Kween recorded?
                          The ones I already listed boo

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

We Belong Together wasn't successful because of black radio though. ITs huge success came from the fact that it was a huge pop hit. Don't be delusional. It wasn't even top 5 on the R&B songs for the year for the year end chart.
                            You sound like Mariah when she tries to claim that that unknown Fantasy remix was responsible for over 50 percent of the originals sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I'll give you GODbsessed but not Wedding Song.
                              Wedding Song was produced and co-written by someone who up to that point had produced nothing but ghetto R&B and hip hop tho. Live in ignorance, I guess.

Comment

We Belong Together wasn't successful because of black radio though. ITs huge success came from the fact that it was a huge pop hit. Don't be delusional. It wasn't even top 5 on the R&B songs for the year for the year end chart.
                                You sound like Mariah when she tries to claim that that unknown Fantasy remix was responsible for over 50 percent of the originals sales.
                                Wikipedia has it listed as #2 on R&B songs of the year and it was at #1 R&B/Hip Hop airplay for like 14 weeks?
                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

But it was #2 on both the year end and decade end R&B lists tho? Held off by Mario (who had a six month head start) and MJB (a GOAT clone).

Comment

Wedding Song was produced and co-written by someone who up to that point had produced nothing but ghetto R&B and hip hop tho. Live in ignorance, I guess.
                                    Wedding song is basically this with a little extra beat added. Stop acting as if it is some sort of ghetto anthem. Gurl.

Comment

But it was #2 on both the year end and decade end R&B lists tho? Held off by Mario (who had a six month head start) and MJB (a GOAT clone).
                                      Which just shows that it was elevated by crossing to POP, seeing as it was later awarded SOTD.

Comment

Wikipedia has it listed as #2 on R&B songs of the year and it was at #1 R&B/Hip Hop airplay for like 14 weeks?
                                        At the time, it broke the all-time record for most weeks at #1 on black airplay.

BUT !!ITS A POP SONG THO1!

Comment

• ForGaGatten really was at the top of the game here.

Comment

Just because it’s ghetto R&B, doesn’t mean it can’t cross over and have pop airplay. Fiddy’s In Da Club was a #1 pop record and there’s nothing remotely pop about it.
                                            Whitney's R&B was more Ghetto than anything Mariah ever released. Let's not.

Comment

• By the way, I even said GOAT had some notable pop elements in it, but its core structure is rooted in ghetto R&B.

Like I’m supposed to be enlightened by people who’s only idea of black culture is the Cha Cha Slide. TF out of here.

Comment

By the way, I even said GOAT had some notable pop elements in it, but its core structure is rooted in ghetto R&B.

Like I’m supposed to be enlightened by people who’s only idea of black culture is the Cha Cha Slide. TF out of here.
                                                I have no idea what a cha cha slide is so miss me with your generalized statements.

Comment

• ^soulless & sterile piece of pop (but the key changes/transitions were cute for that era of uber-basic songwriting), "Paparazzi" and "Just Dance" were whackier and more simplistic but felt more genuine.
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• I Learned From The Best...

One of my favorite Whitney songs. Rock Hall of Fame, here she comes!
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Interesting opinion, heppolo ! I think 'Bad Romance' is one of the all-time best pop songs out there - definitely a 10/10 for me .
                                                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                      and everything you stand for?
                                                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• I still listen to Christmas Music.
                                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                          Interesting opinion, heppolo ! I think 'Bad Romance' is one of the all-time best pop songs out there - definitely a 10/10 for me .
                                                          7/10 for me. The crowded production definitely drags it down a little bit for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                            I still listen to Christmas Music.
                                                            Edgy

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                              I still listen to Christmas Music.
                                                              I am disgusted.gif

Comment

Working...
                                                              X