No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of 'Cool': Do you like Gwen Stefani's version?

Comment

• Anyway Billie really snapped on this song, it has grown on me so much. Sounds amazing on earphones and the message is really great. So many people think they are the Sh*T when it is all completely in their heads LOL. Billie captured that so well on this track. Loving it.

Can't wait for her new album.

Comment

• Haven't heard the track but is it another slower track or finally something more upbeat?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          Haven't heard the track but is it another slower track or finally something more upbeat?
          Just press play on the link if you want to hear it.

Comment

• Katy shade aside. Roar deserved ROTY & SOTY

Comment

• There is a rumour that Britney has a song with The Backstreet Boys coming, called Matches.
              Britney and the BSB's on a track would be amazing IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                Katy shade aside. Roar deserved ROTY & SOTY
                Kitty was never going to win anything ... she was very famous in USA around that time so Grammys milked her for audience during 2009-2014 but she never had a chance of an actual win, they would always give her the “filler nominee space” in every category then once she wasn’t useful anymore they dropped her and never nominated her for anything again since “Dark Horse”.

Kitty’s hopes of winning that Grammy are getting more and more complicated as years go by ... even if they were never going to give her the award at least they were nominating the sh*t out of her every year .. but now not even that.

J.Lo, Nicki Minaj, Kesha, Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry? Who will win the Grammy first? Would be an interesting question.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• ^None of them tbh. They were never Grammy darlings (in all fairness, the Grammys used to be much harsher towards pop stars in the 00’s) and none of them are commercially successful anymore. The Grammys only nominate flop albums if the artist in question is a “Grammy Artist”, so the only way for them to snatch another nomination would be by making a comeback

Comment

• Their last albums' Metacritic results:
                    - Avril Lavigne - 55/100
                    - Nicki Minaj - 70/100
                    - Katy Perry - 58/100
                    - Kesha - 73/100
                    - Jennifer Lopez - 45/100

I think Lavigne, Perry and Lopez are simply not considered talented enough. Regarding Kesha: She harmed her chances by her initial partygirl image. Regarding Minaj: I see her chances the biggest in the rap field if she pulls her own 'Monster', 'Look At Me Now' or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      No thanks, I'll stick to Cool

Oh the pop perfection
                      Wait omg where did you get the taste from for once?
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

Comment

Their last albums' Metacritic results:
                        - Avril Lavigne - 55/100
                        - Nicki Minaj - 70/100
                        - Katy Perry - 58/100
                        - Kesha - 73/100

I think Lavigne, Perry and Lopez are simply not considered talented enough. Regarding Kesha: She harmed her chances by her initial partygirl image. Regarding Minaj: I see her chances the biggest in the rap field if she pulls her own 'Monster', 'Look At Me Now' or something.
                        Kesha has slowly evolved into a solid musician if she keeps working on her sound and plays her cards right she might end up winning a Grammy in the future.

And Nicki could end up winning a Grammy through a feature / collaboration.

For J.Lo, Avril and Kitty I see no chances.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Wait omg where did you get the taste from for once?
                          I've always loved Cool.

Comment

• It is amazing to think of all the musical titans that have done the Superbowl over the years that Katy Perry still holds the record for the most watched Superbowl in History. Absolutely incredible, plus she gave the most entertaining show the Superbowl has ever seen. Legend Tingz

Comment

Their last albums' Metacritic results:
                              - Avril Lavigne - 55/100
                              - Nicki Minaj - 70/100
                              - Katy Perry - 58/100
                              - Kesha - 73/100

Nokia or JLo. Last year I thought Nicki would never be number one on the hot 100 (I skip the fact how it got, but never mind). Jennifer buys 'icon' prizes all the time (in my opinion you have to have the nerve to buy such prizes all the time), so maybe one day she will raise money for Grammy. Because for her music she won't get... Latin Grammy? I don't see a chance either, because she would already have one.

Kesha, Katy, Avril? 1 percent chance.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

It is amazing to think of all the musical titans that have done the Superbowl over the years that Katy Perry still holds the record for the most watched Superbowl in History. Absolutely incredible, plus she gave the most entertaining show the Superbowl has ever seen. Legend Tingz
                                And to think she went from that to 4 week chart-runs

IMO Gaga and Bey benefited the most after their SB performances. Bey basically turned into a legend, builded the hype for the game-changing self-titled album in 2013 and became a touring monster after SB ... and Gaga recovered her career and even became an Oscar winner after SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Nokia or JLo. Last year I thought Nicki would never be number one on the hot 100 (I skip the fact how it got, but never mind). Jennifer buys 'icon' prizes all the time (in my opinion you have to have the nerve to buy such prizes all the time), so maybe one day she will raise money for Grammy. Because for her music she won't get... Latin Grammy? I don't see a chance either, because she would already have one.

Kesha, Katy, Avril? 1 percent chance.

Jennifer doesn't need to buy anything, she is an ICON. And has deserverd every one of those awards she got. She remains unbothered, booked, beautiful and amazing with a better body than women 20 years younger than her. No one can perform like Jennifer Lopez, not even Beyonce at this point. She effortlessly makes everyone else look like an amateur once she takes to the stage. The constant denial of her talent is tragic.

Comment

• I can see J.Lo winning an honorific Latin Grammy eventually though.

- Kesha needs to play her cards right and could win a Grammy one day. (She had nice chances with “Praying” but ultimately didn’t happen).

- Nicki could win one through a feature / collaboration. (Does that Rap/sung collab category still exist?).

- J.Lo could get a special / honorific award at the Latin Grammys (I don’t see anything for her at the American Grammys though).

Comment

Jennifer doesn't need to buy anything, she is an ICON. And has deserverd every one of those awards she got. She remains unbothered, booked, beautiful and amazing with a better body than women 20 years younger than her. No one can perform like Jennifer Lopez, not even Beyonce at this point. She effortlessly makes everyone else look like an amateur once she takes to the stage. The constant denial of her talent is tragic.
                                      You're right. There's nothing wrong with buying yourself such rewards, but I'm afraid she'll have more than Madonna (which is - you know).
                                      But she could eventually buy herself a prestigious one. VMA, Kids Choice Awards, or Peoplce Choice Awards are not among them. And it just looks funny that she has them all - and most importantly, the Grammy, she will never have.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        I can see J.Lo winning an honorific Latin Grammy eventually though.

- Kesha needs to play her cards right and could win a Grammy one day. (She had nice chances with “Praying” but ultimately didn’t happen).

- Nicki could win one through a feature / collaboration. (Does that Rap/sung collab category still exist?).

- J.Lo could get a special / honorific award at the Latin Grammys (I don’t see anything for her at the American Grammys though).
                                        Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

You're right. There's nothing wrong with buying yourself such rewards, but I'm afraid she'll have more than Madonna (which is - you know).
                                          But she could eventually buy herself a prestigious one. VMA, Kids Choice Awards, or Peoplce Choice Awards are not among them. And it just looks funny that she has them all - and most importantly, the Grammy, she will never have.

The Grammys are corrupt and meaningless. Where have you been ?

Comment

• The VMAs are way more prestigious than the Kids Choice Awards or People Choice Awards lol.

Comment

• Billboard 200:

#118: ANTI
                                              #134: 1989
                                              #165: Chromatica
                                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

Billboard 200:

That's a difference of 5 copies.

Comment

• After The Weeknd does the SB they are really gonna struggle to find someone suitable to do it. I can't think of anyone currently who could put on an entertaining show.

Comment

Billboard 200:

Anti
                                                    I don't know the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X