Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    After The Weeknd does the SB they are really gonna struggle to find someone suitable to do it. I can't think of anyone currently who could put on an entertaining show.
    P!nk comes next
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

P!nk comes next
      Oh she can totally do it. But after her...

Comment

• Comment

Eminem of course
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

If Katy could do it then so can anyone
            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

Comment

• I hope they will go Rock or male artists only for the next 10-15 years. I can see them giving the spot to legendary Ed Sheeran when he releases his new album. Not everyone can slay in all departments i'm afraid.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

If Katy could do it then so can anyone
                Incorrect. Katy had a string of well known hits and back in those days was popular enough to be able to put on a great show which was well received and has the highest ratings in history.

Not everyone can command that sort of stage or that big of an event, it would break my heart to see people being put into that arena and struggle with the physical strain of it and simply not being able to handle it. Others simply don't have enough hits/ well known songs to be the one who is considered.
                Last edited by InFamous; Fri November 27, 2020, 00:05.

Comment

• Angels like you

Comment

• JSparksFan Have you heard this ? So amazing ..

The live instrumental

Comment

JSparksFan Have you heard this ? So amazing ..

The live instrumental
                      Just heard it for the first time and it's not bad. I'll have to spend some time with it.

I still can't believe I have a new fave Taylor Swift song after a decade and it's low-key thanks to you.
                      Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Just heard it for the first time and it's not bad. I'll have to spend some time with it.

I still can't believe I have a new fave Taylor Swift song after a decade and it's low-key thanks to you.
                        She released the whole album again as a deluxe with these "long pond studio sessions". I only discovered it tonight. I love live instrumental and unpolished work, raw vocals so this for me is amazing. Check it out on spotify/ youtube.

Comment

She released the whole album again as a deluxe with these "long pond studio sessions". I only discovered it tonight. I love live instrumental and unpolished work, raw vocals so this for me is amazing. Check it out on spotify/ youtube.
                          Yeah, I'll definitely check it out. It's always fun hearing different versions of songs you appreciate. A slight shift in enunciation or tone can make all the difference sometimes and make certain lyrics click that never connected before.
                          Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Yeah, I'll definitely check it out. It's always fun hearing different versions of songs you appreciate. A slight shift in enunciation or tone can make all the difference sometimes and make certain lyrics click that never connected before.
                            Yup, and because ( not surprisingly ) Tay didn't so much as attempt the soft sustained head notes in August I get to add them in and feel like I am duetting with her which is always fun. As well as the back and forth in the outro

Kinda surprised she released vocals quite this raw but I kinda prefer them.

Comment

• I don't care about backlash, Folklore deserves to be the AOTY. Even if that means Taylor winning AOTY for a third time, let her win. She released a flawless record.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Was there a backlash for Stevie Wonder for winning the award three times in just a couple of years back in the day?

OT but I just found out that Stevie Wonder has got 9 children with 6 women. He definitely enjoys life, it seems.
                                Last edited by theMathematician; Fri November 27, 2020, 11:55.

Comment

• Wow, didn't realize Stevie got AOTY wins in such a short period! He was younger then when he got his 3rd win than Taylor is now, so age wouldn't be a factor. Personally, I'd be good with another win for her - I do think it's one of the best high profile releases. If not her, though, I hope it goes to the Black Pumas.

Incidentally, remember when the academy president said that women should "step up?" If Taylor wins, that would be three years in a row for women (Kacey, Billie, Taylor). In a way, I wonder if they are trying to atone for that misstep.

Comment

• Oh, and Dua got nominated too. That works also

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      I don't care about backlash, Folklore deserves to be the AOTY. Even if that means Taylor winning AOTY for a third time, let her win. She released a flawless record.
                                      Bish no, FN deserves
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Folkbore is a coma inducing bore. Tayloo stays being useless.
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

Bish no, FN deserves
                                          Please you are delusional. FN doesn't touch Folklord. I maintain that Dua is lucky to have even got an AOTY nom. I hope she wins in Pop. I think AOTY is going to Taylor unless they decide to cause a big drama and give it to the Black Pumas or something

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            Was there a backlash for Stevie Wonder for winning the award three times in just a couple of years back in the day?

OT but I just found out that Stevie Wonder has got 9 children with 6 women. He definitely enjoys life, it seems.
                                            Five actually.

Comment

Incorrect. Katy had a string of well known hits and back in those days was popular enough to be able to put on a great show which was well received and has the highest ratings in history.

Not everyone can command that sort of stage or that big of an event, it would break my heart to see people being put into that arena and struggle with the physical strain of it and simply not being able to handle it. Others simply don't have enough hits/ well known songs to be the one who is considered.
                                              Dua issa better performer than Katheryn just by the sole facts that she can sing and dance live. Katy's show, while being good, was all props, effects and costumes.

98 - OUT

Comment

Bish no, FN deserves
                                                Not when Good In Bed exists tho
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Please you are delusional. FN doesn't touch Folklord. I maintain that Dua is lucky to have even got an AOTY nom. I hope she wins in Pop. I think AOTY is going to Taylor unless they decide to cause a big drama and give it to the Black Pumas or something
                                                  See you in March then
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

I have to laugh. Dua ate her this year. The mere fact that she won (please) twice the album of the year is a mockery to me. 1989 won for Best Album of the Year (and that against Kendrick) is one of the biggest mistakes of these awards. Teenage Dreams might as well have won the album - banal, basic music that is catchy. But is this called the ALBUM OF THE YEAR? Maybe for 15 year olds. And because she has already won for tragic albums, I hope that she will not win for Folklore.
                                                    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri November 27, 2020, 14:37.
                                                    Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

Working...
                                                    X