Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dua will win Album Of The Year
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Your opinion is as irrelevant as your fave i guess

Taylor Swift is the most successful female artist of her generation along with Adele and Rihanna. Dua should catch up to Ariana first.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• However, quality and quantity are the difference. Walmart eats Prada by quantity. But how does anyone like garbage. I mean...
        Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

• That Kendrick Lamar album was pretty bad though. Just because people think it's badass or whatever doesn't mean it deserves any kind of award. One of the most overrated album of the decade
          His discography (but especially his collabs) is really no big deal

Anyway, Dua deserves AOTY

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Dua issa better performer than Katheryn just by the sole facts that she can sing and dance live. Katy's show, while being good, was all props, effects and costumes.
            LOL no she isn't. Dua is not a good performer at all and she would be in no way be able to command a superbowl. Also what is she gonna sing ? The US GP know two songs by Miss Lipa. Not happening I'm afraid.

Comment

• I also think Kendrick Lamar is highly overrated.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• But Kendrick never won the album of the year, and he lost to the album which is...

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  Your opinion is as irrelevant as your fave i guess

Taylor Swift is the most successful female artist of her generation along with Adele and Rihanna. Dua should catch up to Ariana first.
                  Or Katy The Dua fans are really over exaggerating her status.

Comment

• Dua is indeed better than Kitty in every aspect (music, performances, quality, success, talent, voice, acclaim, global appeal, streaming, etc)
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                      Dua will win Album Of The Year

Dad Rock isn't as bad as I thot coz I love Miley's album
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

LOL no she isn't. Dua is not a good performer at all and she would be in no way be able to command a superbowl. Also what is she gonna sing ? The US GP know two songs by Miss Lipa. Not happening I'm afraid.
                        Hun this isn't the year 2018 anymore. Dua's perforamances nowadays are good and she gets nothing but praise for them. I am in no way saying she is on the same level as MJ or Madonna in her prime but she still is capable of putting a good show. I mean gurl Studio 2054 is tonight and it's basically a more extended Superbowl performance so...
                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Miley's new album surprised me positively.

Comment

• I would actually be happy if Dua wins album of the year. She's a favorite of my along with Taylor and Coldplay. It would be fun if Black Pumas or Coldplay win it just to see meltdowns on forums
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Dua is indeed better than Kitty in every aspect (music, performances, quality, success, talent, voice, acclaim, global appeal, streaming, etc)
                              Success is the only thing Katy beats her overall (for now)
                              98 - OUT

Comment

Bro .. It’s all over for Kitty since 2014 and she was quite local.

Dua is slaying the globe / internationally in a way Kitty never could with more years of success to come. #GlobalAct

Comment

Hun this isn't the year 2018 anymore. Dua's perforamances nowadays are good and she gets nothing but praise for them. I am in no way saying she is on the same level as MJ or Madonna in her prime but she still is capable of putting a good show. I mean gurl Studio 2054 is tonight and it's basically a more extended Superbowl performance so...
                                  Good luck booking that superbowl stage you speak of Not MJ or Madonna lol

Gutl all Dua does is prance around the stage dancing uncomfortably without rhythm. Like she looked so super uncomfortable even having to levitate the other night. i felt that she was constantly trying to find the stage with her feet bless her. Dua is not a performer.

Comment

• I love Dua and she’s the superior pop star but she’s not more global than Katy

Comment

Success, sales, chart achievements, number ones, beauty, talent, songwriting ability, vocal range, hair colour, better breasts, hotter boyfriend. Like the list is endless

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                        I love Dua and she’s the superior pop star but she’s not more global than Katy
                                        Sorry but there wasn’t a single country out there where “Teenage Dream” and it’s singles smashed in the same way they did in USA (Janet teas and “We Belong Together” teas) LOL

Most of Dua’s success comes from outside the USA (like around the actual world). Global star!

Comment

• Dua doesn't have a diamond single let alone three and we will talk again when she scores 5 #1 singles from an album. Trying to make Katy look like Meghan Trainor is nothing but delusional, the girl slayed in her prime time. Maybe Dua will be bigger or she'll peak during FN era and start to decline.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• For ROTY, i want either Don't Start Now or Say So to win. Both are amazing songs that still sound good and fresh. And Doja Cat is so underrated, she's a great performer. Dua was very bad at the start of her career but she's improving with each performance. She impressed me a lot with DSN performance at VMAs or EMAs last year. I do think she has room to grow.

For SOTY, Cardigan or Don't Start Now.

For AOTY, i'll be happy with Dua, Taylor or Coldplay wins.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Sorry but there wasn’t a single country out there where “Teenage Dream” and it’s singles smashed in the same way they did in USA (Janet teas and “We Belong Together” teas) LOL

Most of Dua’s success comes from outside the USA (like around the actual world). Global star!
                                              The USA is the biggest and most important country in the world though. It’s much more impressive to be successful there. Katy was also very successful in Europe and Oceania. Dua is only big in Europe so far lol. And the US market is bigger than all the European music markets combined. I have no doubt that Dua will become a true global superstar in the future though

Comment

• More US success ... yeah and Janet has like a sh*tload of #1s in USA.

That’s cool ... but Dua is a GLOBAL Grammy winning artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                                  Dua is only big in Europe so far lol.
                                                  Sorry but Dua is also smashing in Latin America at the moment

Comment

• Reagrding Kendrick Lamar: I like his song 'King Kunta', but I also never got his universal acclaim including winning the Pulitzer prize either. I mean 'B*tch don't kill my vibe', seriously?

Regarding the Grammy talk: I don't know 'the Black Pumas', but something about them tells me that they could have a chance for that award. I'd still place my bet on 'Future Nostalgia' if I had to.
                                                    You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                                                    I should walk away.
                                                    Oh, I should walk away.
                                                    But I think I'll stay.
                                                    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X