Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DnBLover
    replied
    What did Lana del Rey say in that letter which can be deemed racist?
    This hysterical twitter culture is pure vileness. As far as I know, Ariana is white and is in the bunch. As far as I know, she named some of the most popular singers at the moment, two of which are quite self-degrading and happen to be black/latina (Cardi B and Nicki Minaj). And if you read carefully, she doesn't say anything against these women. She just questions why it's ok for them to be like that, but not for Lana to be like herself.

Of course, you can disagree with everything she says. But saying she is racist, saying she votes for Trump and "cancelling" her is just fcking idiotic.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Twitter gets upset about everything & likes to misread stuff. Nothing new here

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    commented on 's reply
    I edited this post as the second line was a personal attack.

• theMathematician
    replied
    InFamous : The re-release charted seperately in only a few countries, including France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, Finland and Australia.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Honestly I don't think Lana Del Rey had bad intentions with that letter. She just needs a publicist and a good PR team that tells her that writing stuff like that is never a good idea.

But yeah, I don't think she was trying to be mean or anything, she just had a point she struggled to make.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

According to Chartmasters "One Of The Boys" sold 4,1 million copies worldwide. The album sold 1,7 million in USA and 700K in UK. It's impossible for that album to sell 10 million copies. Katy's best selling album is "Teenage Dream" with 6,9 million copies (which includes a re-release).

"Witness" had sales of 600K (pure sales) worldwide as of June, 2019 (probably 700K by now considering pure sales are dead).
    Actually the re-release charted as a seperate album called The Complete Confection and sold 1 million Worldwide.
    The original album sold 6 million. No one bundles the sales from the two into one like other fanbases do.

OT - Yes I typoed 10 million, I meant to type 5 honestly, I never thought it sold 10 million

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    twitter after Lana del Rey's post

Last edited by Jonathan; Fri May 22, 2020, 00:22.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

3 in RayRay
    4 in DOSSOME
    5 in Michiel
    ​​​​​​​
    6 Austria, 5 Swizerland, 1 Sweden, 2 Norway and 1 Finland.
    Don't know if we have any holes here from those territories ?
    Shy Guy was #2 here: https://www.top40.nl/top40-artiesten/diana-king

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

No 1, no they aren't. They are used to form an equivalent of what a sale is but it's not actually a sale.

No 2, Spotify is only one of many streaming platforms.

No 3, Katy debuted in the sales era and her sales figures are far superior to Dua's, whose OVERALL career doesn't come close to touching Katy's and never will. She has millions of actual album sales ( from years when streaming did not exist) so big deal is Dua has a few more streams.

One of the boys - 10 million
    Teenage Dream - 6 milllion
    Prism - 4 million
    Witness - 1 million
    According to Chartmasters "One Of The Boys" sold 4,1 million copies worldwide. The album sold 1,7 million in USA and 700K in UK. It's impossible for that album to sell 10 million copies. Katy's best selling album is "Teenage Dream" with 6,9 million copies (which includes a re-release).

"Witness" had sales of 600K (pure sales) worldwide as of June, 2019 (probably 700K by now considering pure sales are dead).

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    #2 Your Hole
    #2 Your BFF Hejira’s Hole
    #6 aRatchet’s Hole
    ??? beredy’s Hole

Anyone I’m missing?
    3 in RayRay
    4 in DOSSOME
    5 in Michiel
    ​​​​​​​
    6 Austria, 5 Swizerland, 1 Sweden, 2 Norway and 1 Finland.
    Don't know if we have any holes here from those territories ?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Because streams is the new sales aka the most accurate way to determine a song's success nowadays.

Dua already has 9.3B streams while Katy only has 7.3B
    No 1, no they aren't. They are used to form an equivalent of what a sale is but it's not actually a sale.

No 2, Spotify is only one of many streaming platforms.

No 3, Katy debuted in the sales era and her sales figures are far superior to Dua's, whose OVERALL career doesn't come close to touching Katy's and never will. She has millions of actual album sales ( from years when streaming did not exist) so big deal is Dua has a few more streams.

One of the boys - 10 million
    Teenage Dream - 6 milllion
    Prism - 4 million
    Witness - 1 million

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    This one triggers me every time cause this song was on the radio every damn time my mother drove me to swimming class and I HATED SWIMMING CLASS and ended up crying every damn time

Last edited by Hejira; Thu May 21, 2020, 23:23.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

You should by now that a ton of urban / dancehall songs were huge hits here
    I go by a case-by-case basis.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I loved this when I was a kid.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    This was popular in your hole?
    You should by now that a ton of urban / dancehall songs were huge hits here

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

This was popular in every European country with taste.
    #2 Your Hole
    #2 Your BFF Hejira’s Hole
    #6 aRatchet’s Hole
    ??? beredy’s Hole

Anyone I’m missing?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

And what was the logic in comparing "Daisies" with "Physical"? LOL
    The real kii is that Physical was never a single in the US and still charted and will outstream Daisies there and obviously WW

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

I was talking about the actual charts. This reliance on Spotify for everything is too much.
    Because streams is the new sales aka the most accurate way to determine a song's success nowadays.

Dua already has 9.3B streams while Katy only has 7.3B

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Imagine comparing the lead single from someone's second album to the lead single from someone's 5th.
    The lack of logic is too much.
    And what was the logic in comparing "Daisies" with "Physical"? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Why y'all want let me post any media?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

It's already below Physical (and Dua's other 2 hits) on Spotify
    I was talking about the actual charts. This reliance on Spotify for everything is too much.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Imagine comparing the lead single from someone's second album to the lead single from someone's 5th.
    The lack of logic is too much.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    commented on 's reply
    Actually the person who posted the comment prior to this was shading me first. Feel free to scroll dahling.

• aRat
    replied

It is probably going to chart higher than Physical.
    It's already below Physical (and Dua's other 2 hits) on Spotify

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    commented on 's reply
    This sounds kind of shady. Is it really necessary? No need to stir up a dispute at any given chance.
Working...
X