No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female artists with the most songs over 500m of streams on Spotify. We are finally in the streaming era.

Rihanna = 14

Adele = 7

Taylor Swift = 4

Beyoncé = 3

P!nk = 2
    Christina Aguilera = 2
    Lady Gaga = 2

Whitney Houston = 1
    Mariah Carey = 1

Madonna = 0
    Celine Dion = 0
    Janet Jackson = 0
    Jennifer Lopez = 0
    Avril Lavigne = 0
    Britney Spears = 0

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• In short, Rihanna is the queen of music. YES.
      Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
        In short, Rihanna is the queen of music. YES.
        But you cannot just look at 1 format and 1 era. Rihanna might be the biggest act of the streaming era, albeit i think she is not... I guess someone who is technically releasing music probably is... but she is the queen of digital tracks sales.

well, she and whoever the guest act is.
        My Chart

Comment

• Rihanna is untouchable and unmatched regarding singles.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            Rihanna is untouchable and unmatched regarding singles.
            I love features like the next person... but her use of features or being featured in songs is / was a bit excessive, don't you think?

Many artists that I grew up with, predominantly released solo material. I think that acts need features these days tho, bc the attention span of music lovers has shrunk to 1 album and the first 2 songs from album 2. So, in order to stay IN music, most acts need the feature now.
            My Chart

Comment

In short, Rihanna is the queen of music. YES.
              Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
              Rihanna is untouchable and unmatched regarding singles.
              I love reading facts

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I love features like the next person... but her use of features or being featured in songs is / was a bit excessive, don't you think?

Many artists that I grew up with, predominantly released solo material. I think that acts need features these days tho, bc the attention span of music lovers has shrunk to 1 album and the first 2 songs from album 2. So, in order to stay IN music, most acts need the feature now.
                I understand that there are certain artists that can’t have success on their own and rely on features.

But that’s not Rihanna’s case. Rihanna proved that she can succeed both solo and with features. She has plenty of solo and leading act hit songs.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

But you cannot just look at 1 format and 1 era. Rihanna might be the biggest act of the streaming era, albeit i think she is not... I guess someone who is technically releasing music probably is... but she is the queen of digital tracks sales.

well, she and whoever the guest act is.
                  You know, I wrote it with a grain of salt. All the ladies mentioned are top-notch in themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                    Top 50 most streamed female artists on Spotify (all credits)

1. Ariana Grande, 22.56B

2. Rihanna, 20.97B

3. Nicki Minaj, 19.26B

4. Taylor Swift, 14.96B

5. Billie Eilish, 13.99B

6. Sia, 12.79B

7. Beyoncé, 12.11B

8. Halsey, 11.97B

9. Selena Gomez, 11.89B

10. Dua Lipa, 11.85B

11. Cardi B, 10.95B
                    12. Camila Cabello, 10.30B
                    13. Lady Gaga, 9.93B
                    14. Katy Perry, 9.38B
                    15. Demi Lovato, 8.67B

Thots home of sexuals?
                    Very solid placing for Katy there, seeing as she debuted in the digital era it shows a very solid crossover and appeal to a younger generation. Didn't know she was that close to Gaga. Others who were still doing well in the digital era failed to make that transition completely so Katy did well there.

Comment

• Actually Katy was ahead of Gaga like a couple years ago. Gaga just passed her and then Adele will surpass her with her next release.

Comment

• I guess Katy could bounce back if she’s still among the top 15 most streamed artists on Spotify

Comment

• On this day in 2007 Knee Spirit released the stunning “Piece Of Me”

This was IMO such a solid follow up to “Gimme More” ... those “Blackout” singles were on point

Comment

Actually Katy was ahead of Gaga like a couple years ago. Gaga just passed her and then Adele will surpass her with her next release.
                            Yeah Gaga was much lower actually. She was near Brit and Xtina and far away from Katy but Bradley ASIB gave her a big boost
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

LOL no she isn't. Dua is not a good performer at all and she would be in no way be able to command a superbowl. Also what is she gonna sing ? The US GP know two songs by Miss Lipa. Not happening I'm afraid.
                              LOL so much about that. Studio 2054 WASHES away Kitty's SB performance
                              98 - OUT

Comment

Yeah Gaga was much lower actually. She was near Brit and Xtina and far away from Katy but Bradley ASIB gave her a big boost
                                Yeah . . Gaga was way behind (her peers) but then she recovered her career with Superbowl + Joanne revival (in US) + A Star Is Born + Oscar Win + Chromatica (which now surpassed 1,2 Billion streams on Spotify).

Gaga climbed like f*ck and we have to give her credit. She fought back for her success and place in the industry.

Comment

• Holknee Spirit is such a good pun.
                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

LOL so much about that. Studio 2054 WASHES away Kitty's SB performance
                                    Yawn. It's a different setting. You are starting to become a little creepily obsessed with Katy sis, not a good look for you, or anyone really

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      Holknee Spirit is such a good pun.
                                      No-MicNey Spree is such an inspiration

Miley Cyrus cited Britney Spears and Matallica as influences for new album
                                      https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/miley...for-new-album/

Comment

No-MicNey Spree is such an inspiration

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/miley...for-new-album/

Yes, I can hear the Bionic vibe.

Comment

• Enqm5w1XYAEXc2B?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
                                          Omg.

Comment

• Interesting album from Miley, definitely has the ability to grow on me. After a few listens I would probably place it third on the best female albums of the year behind Smile and Folklore, which occupy positions 1 and 2. Also I really like the Pond sessions version of Folklore. Excellent.

Comment

• I would like Madonna to sing her ballads accompanied by a symphony orchestra. She would slay, she has so many gorgeous ballads.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

You know, I wrote it with a grain of salt. All the ladies mentioned are top-notch in themselves.

How many of Rihanna's 14 are solo ? Out of curiosity only.

Comment

• I didn't realise so many of Kylie's singles had such a short shelf life on the UK charts. Barring "Can't Get You Out of My Head", seems like her average single's tenure is about five weeks.

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                                    I didn't realise so many of Kylie's singles had such a short shelf life on the UK charts. Barring "Can't Get You Out of My Head", seems like her average single's tenure is about five weeks.

That was quite normal for a lot of people in the UK. If you even look at Madonna loads of her songs spent like 7 to 8 weeks only and back then the main purpose of singles were to give attention to the parent album.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X