Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yeah .. people only care about “We Belong Together” in the states ... don’t blame it on me
    u mean... the usa has the power to stream that one song and give it bigger weekly and daily streams than any madonna song globally? I've never known of this fact.
    My Chart

Comment

Mariah definitely had some global eras ... “Music Box” is one of the most global eras EVER!

but she’s also done plenty of local stuff. Like “The Emancipation Of Mimi” = 8million sales worldwide (6x Platinum in US)
      actually, TEOM has sold 7 million consumption sales in the USA by now. <3 we love the usa.

TEOM being local with over 2,5 million sales outside the usa. .. so please make that the benchmark of success in the usa as well. ergo... fewer than 2,5 million in the usa (2005) = flop?
      My Chart

Comment

Yeah .. people only care about “We Belong Together” in the states ... don’t blame it on me
        Kinda true, at least for millennials. Most of my friends (most of them Kween haters ) can only name GOAT, Xmas GOAT and ABMB as Kween songs. Fittingly, her top three most popular songs in the chocolate community as well.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          .. fewer than 2,5 million in the usa (2005) = flop?
          “Confessions On a Dancefloor” = 1,7million in USA / 9 million worldwide
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

“Confessions On a Dancefloor” = 1,7million in USA / 9 million worldwide
            so... not global bc 1/3 of the music industry rejected it?
            My Chart

Comment

so... not global bc 1/3 of the music industry rejected it?
              Don’t play naive ... the world is the world regarding of a market’s size.

”Music” = 3 million in USA / 10 million worldwide

”Confessions On A Dancefloor” = 1,7 million in USA / 9 million worldwide

”Hard Candy” = 700K in USA / 3,6 million worldwide

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                Kinda true, at least for millennials. Most of my friends (most of them Kween haters ) can only name GOAT, Xmas GOAT and ABMB as Kween songs. Fittingly, her top three most popular songs in the chocolate community as well.
                do them chocolates also enjoy Miss Fantasie? Combined with its remix, the song has 150 million strihms and would rank 4th among her discography.
                My Chart

Comment

do them chocolates also enjoy Miss Fantasie? Combined with its remix, the song has 150 million strihms and would rank 4th among her discography.
                  I remember hearing the Fantasy remix all the time on chocolate radio throughout the 2000s. So much so that I didn’t know what the original sounded like until the ‘10s.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Don’t play naive ... the world is the world regarding of a market’s size.

”Music” = 3 million in USA / 10 million worldwide

”Confessions On A Dancefloor” = 1,7 million in USA / 9 million worldwide

”Hard Candy” = 700K in USA / 3,6 million worldwide

Raincloud = 3,5 million USA / 7,7 million worldwide
                    TEOM = 6,2 million USA / 8,6 million worldwide
                    E=MC² = 1,3 million USA / 2,5 million worldwide

Ur point?
                    My Chart

Comment

Mariah definitely had some global eras ... “Music Box” is one of the most global eras EVER!

but she’s also done plenty of local stuff. Like “The Emancipation Of Mimi” = 8million sales worldwide (6x Platinum in US)
                      I mean that doesn’t make it a local era per se. The album still sold well outside the US, it’s just that the era was so massive in the US compared to its international success. It was also an R&B album and those don’t do as well in international markets. Plus Mariah is like the 2nd biggest international female artist of all time in Asia, which is a much harder market to crack than Europe. That alone makes her a global star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        I remember hearing the Fantasy remix all the time on chocolate radio throughout the 2000s.
                        nice. Unfortunately, Miss Without You has overtaken Phantasie in daily strihms now.
                        My Chart

Comment

• My most streamed Christmas song last week: Sam Smith's new single.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

I mean that doesn’t make it a local era per se. The album still sold well outside the US, it’s just that the era was so massive in the US compared to its international success. It was also an R&B album and those don’t do as well in international markets. Plus Mariah is like the 2nd biggest international female artist of all time in Asia, which is a much harder market to crack than Europe. That alone makes her a global star.
                            who is the biggest international / non-asian female in Asia and surpassed Mimi's 35 million albums sales there?
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

My most streamed Christmas song last week: Sam Smith's new single.
                              Mine is by Jamie Cullum who has just released one of the greatest xmas albums ever. The song is called "How do you fly", the album is called The Pianoman at Christmas. you HAVE TO check it out. It's just wonderful.
                              My Chart

Comment

TEOM = 6,2 million USA / 8,6 million worldwide
                                E=MC² = 1,3 million USA / 2,5 million worldwide

Ur point?
                                Stop inflating her sales LOL

E=MC2 = 1,3 million in USA / 2,1 million worldwide

Comment

Stop inflating her sales LOL

E=MC2 = 1,3 million in USA / 2,1 million worldwide

that 2,1 million figure was true in 2009. lol. since then, the album sold 100k in the usa alone.
                                  My Chart

Comment

who is the biggest international / non-asian female in Asia and surpassed Mimi's 35 million albums sales there?
                                    Well I said biggest, not best selling. Taylor Swift is easily the biggest female artist in Asia. Her stats in China are out of this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Well I said biggest, not best selling. Taylor Swift is easily the biggest female artist in Asia. Her stats in China are out of this world.
                                      right... that sounds logic.
                                      My Chart

Comment

nice. Unfortunately, Miss Without You has overtaken Phantasie in daily strihms now.
                                        Thanks to global streams ironically. If you broke it down by hole and then by community (in this case, the U.S. chocolate community), it probably wouldn’t even be in her top 10.

Comment

Mine is by Jamie Cullum who has just released one of the greatest xmas albums ever. The song is called "How do you fly", the album is called The Pianoman at Christmas. you HAVE TO check it out. It's just wonderful.
                                          I've checked the first three songs, but I'm not really impressed from what I've heard so far. I'll check out the other songs later.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

u mean... the usa has the power to stream that one song and give it bigger weekly and daily streams than any madonna song globally? I've never known of this fact.
                                            Wow it took me a minute to wrap my head around that. Let me check that I have it right cos I don't really follow streaming numbers. So a song considered local by some ( We Belong Together) has more total streams than the total streams for any song by Madonna from the Confessions era or indeed any of her eras ?

Comment

• But that’s only because Madonna does terrible on streaming in general.

Shakira even has songs that didn’t even chart well in US with more streams than “We Belong Together”

Britney’s “Toxic” did wayyyyyyy worse than WBT in USA yet it has like 2x more streams

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Wow it took me a minute to wrap my head around that. Let me check that I have it right cos I don't really follow streaming numbers. So a song considered local by some ( We Belong Together) has more total streams than the total streams for any song by Madonna from the Confessions era or indeed any of her eras ?
                                                WBT is bigger than any madonna song from any era in daily / weekly spotify performance.

Fun fact: with 18,5 million streams in the past 7 days, AIWFCIY has also outstreamed Madonna's entire and combined 20 biggest streaming gainers of the past week. If separated from Mariah's catalogue entirely... it would have outperformed her top 15 songs combined.
                                                Last edited by stevyy; Sat November 28, 2020, 22:22.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• We Belong Together having more streams than Hung Up isn’t shocking, though. It was the bigger hit between the two and it ended up more remembered. Hung Up streams are great as well nonetheless. Especially considering that it wasn’t even a proper hit in the US.

Comment

• If there's another format in 10 years and 'Shape of You' or 'Blinding Lights' do nothing there, that won't take anything away from their recent successes. So yeah, it matters what 'We Belong Together' and 'Hung Up' did back in the day, not now.
                                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                    and everything you stand for?
                                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X